MrsBoateng29

Medical Exam Rage!

67 posts in this topic

What I have learned about people who are new to the process is that the first thing they are interested in is time (or speed of getting visa). Overall cost, from beginning to end, is a distant afterthought..

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

No on was rude to you....

Since you state you don't have it together you were sent to read the guides it's how everyone has it together.

YOU have a wooo me attitude. So no matter what anyone says you are feeling attacked because you are not hearing the answer you want.

Everyone is confirming to you that you are not over paying in the medical.

And that most people can afford a lavish wedding.

It is not the governments problem if you feed 150 people in a ceramony and go to the Bahamas on a honeymoon.

Please take your self pity elsewhere we are all going through this and are doing it with a positive attitude.

Edited by Catuela

Ok. Well I was not prepared. I didn't plan to fall in love with someone out of the country.

But I did. & when we started the process we did not know what to expect.

We have been learning along the way.

& I try to plan & budget all I can, but I have bills & other responsibilities.

But for the people who stay on this site 24/7

just to condescendingly speak with such arrogance & always have some rude comment...It is just unnecessary. This site it to help people, & be encouraging...

Not to be some "Know It All" & brag about how you have it more together than everyone else.

If you feel the need to say something smart or rude or just to say "READ THE GUIDES"

It is very simple to NOT COMMENT.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Ha I didnt know anything either I went to my husband country to be with him that's all the matter to me but after our surprise pregnancy we decided she would have a better life in America so we started finding out what we needed to do to bring him over here. I never saved money for a wedding that's my sister's thing not mine she had a big fancy Barbie doll wedding it didn't matter to me I'm with the person I love and that's all that's important

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Does anyone know if the urine sample is a new requirement for the medical exam? The consulate information for San Jose Costs Rica says only a blood test and X-ray is required but the lady who did the blood test is trying to say we have to pay $100 extra for a urine test now.

I believe it is a required test, so it's important to be well prepared.

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-12-08

USCIS

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-02

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-11

Approved : 2016-08-24

NVC

NVC Received : 2016-10-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-10-15

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-10-15

Send AOS Package : 2016-11-01

Submit DS-261 : 2016-10-15

Receive IV Bill : 2016-10-18

Pay IV Bill : 2016-10-18

Send IV Package : 2016-11-01

Case Completed at NVC : 2016-11-04

NVC Left : 2016-11-11

US Embassy

Consulate Received : 2016-11-11

Interview Date : 2017-01-10

Interview Result :

Visa Received :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I paid $872 USD two weeks ago in El Salvador, a month ago it was $282 USD, I thought it was my luck but Ive seen a lot of countries medical's going up in prices ??

Filed: Other Country: Ghana
Timeline

Most people come on here to vent about their frustrations of going through the process, being that we all have this one thing in common and understand what most people going through this life changing moment. Physically, emotionally, mentally and definitely finacially, this process takes a toll on most of us. Its not about self pitty, its about being in this enviroment where you can vent at times and people understand you, cause people in your social circle might not understand as people on here.. Not all of us plan for these things, so its like a "dang" moment when we turn that corner, though we may piss and moan about it we still hustle and flow to make the monies and get through the process..Some of us just vent about it on here to relieve stress. We are all in this together it shouldnt have to get into all this negativity... lol as much as we all be on whatsapp, fb, and any other txting and social media we all should know how to type without the other person taking it some kind of way lol! As in the words of the great Bob Marley "lets get together and feel alright" i love that man lol

Right! The AOS is $1070 USD, correct?

I don't know how they expect you to pay for a wedding, pay for a honeymoon, & pay for the AOS within 90 days.

It is not realistic. Why should it cost so much to complete a form? The government really makes so much money.

Weddings and honeymoons can be done cheap, adjusting status cannot. This is one of those times where you may need to cut back on the unnecessary to accommodate the necessary.

AOS Timeline

• 10/23/2016 - I-130/I-485 Concurrent packet posted
  • 10/25/2016 - Packet signed for at Chicago lockbox
  • 11/09/2016 - E-Notifications received
  • 11/15/2016 - NOA's received in post
  • 11/18/2016 - Biometric appointment received (set for 11/30)
  • 11/30/2016 - Biometric appointment completed
  • 01/25/2017 - EAD Approved
  • 01/25/2017 - AP Approved
  • 02/01/2017 - Combo Card arrived in the post

>>THIS IS WHAT I PUT IN MY PACKET<<

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.