MrsBoateng29

Medical Exam Rage!

67 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Like I had to state before, I do not want to sound rude nor do I type this with the thoughts of making someone look stupid. Once someone 'advises' one thing in a forum that is incorrect and it does not get corrected by other people with the right information, false information will float through this community. This forum has stupid emoticons that I do not use and not wish to use so a lot of what people are typing might come off as rude. You do not have to file AOS within the 90-day rule as same as you need to get married within that time frame. However, if you want to remain in a legal-ish status, the preferred choice of a lot of people are to file before the I-94 expires. If you can't afford the AOS right away or you wish to wait a little longer before you want to deal with paperwork (like honeymoons or just not feeling it yet) you'll be out of status until you file adjustment of status. It's nothing worse and it's definitely not a requirement to file adjustment of status within those same 90 days.

At what point did you say ' I do not want to sound rude' before making that post to me?

If you knew I had the incorrect information why would say what you said if you simply want to help me and others have the correct information. Why wouldn't you just say Zoe, I think you may have been advised incorrectly and then tell me the correct information. The emoticons (if these are the emoji like things) you speak of that you say are stupid, they are the closest thing we have to showing someone your emotions or what you are feeling, hence my sad face... You hurt my feelings by telling me I was talking nonsense and then stop spreading round false information... like I am some random person that comes on here and purposely tries to sabotage people's visas applications.

Are you kidding me?

I am sorry but I have taken that very personal and for that reason I think I should just take the knowledge I have now and move on from this place.

I always swore the moment this became a negative experience I would stop posting or responding.

Thank you VJ for all the information I have been given over my time here.

I wish each and everyone of you the very best of luck!

This is the price we pay for doing it the right and the legal way.

As opposed to walking over the border, and setting your suitcase down? True.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

^ Lol yes. Or actually, I read a post last week on a Dutch-American forum about a girl who wants to use her VWP privilege to just adjust status. Things like that. Immigration is and will always be expensive, no matter what.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Think this is high what till you get to US

now, let me vent

applicant pays for application, processing fee for affadivit, visa application and cost of visa if granted, plus trips to meet you

i had to apply 3 times and took 6 years and USCIS said i came back right after marriage so i had to go back for honeymoon even thought the marriage trip was 2 months

5 trips, (one lossy lawyer for 2nd application) and all the fees 3 times plus his flight to come to US

try just over $35000

thanks for letting me vent

BTW all this i can show

My husband gladly paid less than 400$(can't remember the exact amount) for his medical cost it sure beat the 4000$ they would of charged to deliver our daughter in Dr. Everything comes with a cost I would of gave anything to have my family here in America and thats what this is all about right ?? Everyone here fell in love with a someone from a different country so even know the cost may be outrageous it's part of the immigration process and what we must go through to have our loved ones with us. My husband never complained about the price besides now he makes more than that in a week,he won't make a CEO salary but he's able to provide for his family here and his one back home

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Apparently you are supposed to file for the AOS as soon as you are married within that 90 days but if you go over the 90 days it is waived, or so someone advised me.

Me personally will not risk going over the 90 days before I file. We have arranged what we are going to do based on doing everything in budget and time frame given :)

If that was true everyone would hold off filing the aos to avoid paying the 1000$ fee?????????

Fyi your supposed to get married within the 90 days you can file aos whenever

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Comparing to what some pay here, mine was almost nothing lol. €190 for the medical and x-ray and no extra shots - my vaccinations were up-to-date. In OP's first post, no updated vaccinations which automatically raised the costs of the medical.
This whole process makes a lot of bank accounts cry like a maniac. At least for me it did.

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

1733 Ghana Cedi is equal to about $410 USD

250 Cedi is about $60 USD

We will be together soon though...poor lol but together

3 years ago we paid 900 cedis for the medical in Ghana at Holy Trinity, the exchange rate at that time was right around 2, so it was about $450 USD. And we had a K-2 so it was $450 x 2 !!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I payed $590 for mine.

K-1:
06/08/2016: I-129F Sent

06/16/2016: Check cashed

08/23/2016: Approval

09/09/2016: At the Stockholm Embassy

09/28/2016: Embassy received completed medical

09/29/2016: Interview date, APPROVAL 

10/14/2016: Visa ISSUED

10/17/2016: Visa received

AOS
12/22/2016: I-485, I-131, I-765 Sent

01/10/2017: Check cashed

02/03/2017: Biometrics completed

04/17/2017: Your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

01/20/2018: I-485 Interview letter received

02/01/2018: I-485 Interview, APPROVAL 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Jennifer, that isn't what I meant. I didn't mean that the whole AOS fee would be waived. I might be stupid In some respects but not that stupid. I was told you had to apply for the AOS within that 90 days but if you didn't apply in the 90 days but instead applied in 100 days then the 10 days over would be waived.

I have since been informed correctly that you don't have to apply for AOS within the 90 days but believe me I never thought for one second the AOS fee would ever be waived, like I said I'm not that dumb ?

Filed: IR-2 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Think this is high what till you get to US

now, let me vent

applicant pays for application, processing fee for affadivit, visa application and cost of visa if granted, plus trips to meet you

i had to apply 3 times and took 6 years and USCIS said i came back right after marriage so i had to go back for honeymoon even thought the marriage trip was 2 months

5 trips, (one lossy lawyer for 2nd application) and all the fees 3 times plus his flight to come to US

try just over $35000

thanks for letting me vent

BTW all this i can show

I've made three trips, two big parties and one I-130. Nine months and $10,000 later and I'm still waiting,

Add another $2500 to bring her here. It's not cheap.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

The cost of medical in Jordan 5 years ago, excluding xrays was the equivalent of $300 US dollars(xrays were additional $120), so $420. Considering that people earn a fraction of what we do in the US it was HUGE money.

Jennifer, that isn't what I meant. I didn't mean that the whole AOS fee would be waived. I might be stupid In some respects but not that stupid. I was told you had to apply for the AOS within that 90 days but if you didn't apply in the 90 days but instead applied in 100 days then the 10 days over would be waived.

I have since been informed correctly that you don't have to apply for AOS within the 90 days but believe me I never thought for one second the AOS fee would ever be waived, like I said I'm not that dumb ?

By your comment that's how I took it but it's ok. Everyone here is learning about the immigration process and some have a lot more experience than others. I'm a pro on anything with dcf or in Dr the k1 not so much but I do know you only have to marry within 90 days and no waivers allowed ??

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

I'll probably need to have a second one, since the USCIS hasn't processed me yet. But I couldn't care less for some $400 or $500. It's my life.

03/04/2016 AOS (EB2-NIW concurrent with I-485) mailed to Lewisville TX Lockbox
03/07/2016 AOS delivered to USCIS and signed
03/12/2016 Case received by Nebraska Service Center (NSC)
03/14/2016 Text notification received for I-140/I-485/I-765/I-131.
04/08/2016 Biometrics notice received for 04/21
04/13/2016 Biometrics early walk-in completed.
04/15/2016 EAD/AP combo card received in mail.

Long wait begins...

11/04/2016 I-140/485 cases transferred from Nebraska to TCS
12/01/2016 Prepared package for EAD/AP renewal (expires 04/09/2017)
12/23/2016 USCIS suddenly changes several forms, invalidating my EAD/AP renewal package (not yet sent)
12/27/2016 USCIS suddenly reforms the entire NIW criteria system, replacing a 20 years old one. Uncharted waters. 
01/07/2017 (Saturday!) EAD/AP renewal package with new forms received in Phoenix "reception desk"
01/17/2017 EAD/AP renewal case accepted; text/email with receipt numbers was received
01/30/2017 Law firm finally confirms that USCIS has suspended processing all EB2-NIW cases due to new criteria. 
02/23/2017 USCIS slowly starts adjudicating NIW cases again.
04/21/2017 Extended EAD/AP received in mail. Valid for 2 years. 
05/06/2017 Received a massive RFE on I-140 NIW case.
07/20/2017 RFE response received by USCIS (a very long response with 30 pages of docs)
09/14/2017 I-140 NIW approved!!! 
11/28/2017 RFE for new medical issued (plus another request re Supp J for employment which is clearly issued in error)
12/04/2017 RFE received in mail
12/07/2017 repeated medical exam for I-485
12/08/2017 Attorney receives documents for responding to I-485 RFE
12/21/2017 Response to RFE received by USCIS 
02/09/2018 I-485 approval (text, email) :)
02/08/2018 I-485 approval notice issued (the "welcome letter") - I'm LPR now
02/16/2018 Green card received

11/14/2022 Filed N-400 online; receipt and biometrics reuse form received online
03/07/2023 N-400 Interview scheduled 
04/xx/2023 N-400 approved, same-day Oath ceremony completed. I'm a US citizen.
05/xx/2023 US passport in hand

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.