So fickle

Am fed up, am going back home

26 posts in this topic

I never would have imagined a couple of months ago that I would be sat infront of my computer composing this post as I did not expect to go through the things I have gone through so far whilst here in america. I guess sometimes life throws you a curveball because its trying to direct you to your true destiny which lies somewhere else other than were you thought it would be.

There is this song I like called "flying without wings" by westlife which goes like this "...everybody's looking for that something / One thing that makes it all complete / You find it in the strangest places / Places you never knew it could be..." that particularly rings true in my case.

Deep down in my heart I feel I wanna stay but sometimes you have to forget what you feel and remember what you deserve, and as an old wise man once told me... "Never burn bridges except where there is a real risk to compromise your integrity! Shutting doors is better... you can always re-open them."

So goodbye america maybe someday i will be back.

post-251075-0-09699800-1482383844_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ebunoluwa for your kind words. That is true. Maybe I will find my happiness and destiny somewhere else, somwewhere where I never thought it would be.

Look inside of you....what you seek, you will find :)

dejection 2.png

I never would have imagined a couple of months ago that I would be sat infront of my computer composing this post as I did not expect to go through the things I have gone through so far whilst here in america. I guess sometimes life throws you a curveball because its trying to direct you to your true destiny which lies somewhere else other than were you thought it would be.

There is this song I like called "flying without wings" by westlife which goes like this "...everybody's looking for that something / One thing that makes it all complete / You find it in the strangest places / Places you never knew it could be..." that particularly rings true in my case.

Deep down in my heart I feel I wanna stay but sometimes you have to forget what you feel and remember what you deserve, and as an old wise man once told me... "Never burn bridges except where there is a real risk to compromise your integrity! Shutting doors is better... you can always re-open them."

So goodbye america maybe someday i will be back.

This makes me sad... what happened in a such a short time?

I wish you good luck finding your path forward in life...

Just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear things didn't work as planned for you! :( Things happen for a reason, and hopefully you will find your true happiness soon! Wishing you the best during this difficult time and hoping life brings you to where you are meant to be :)

Hi Suss&Camm,

Its a combination of many things. But in short I am feeling short changed by people. My employer last employer sent me my cheque via post a week late and for a fifth of the amount I was expecting. I had applied for a new job (spent 10 minutes completing an online application, another 30 minutes completing the online assessment then another 20 minutes doing a telephone interview and after passing all these stages I got a voicemail from the recruiter telling me they have an offer for me and to call them I called her and she tells me she is busy and will call me I waited but nothing so I called back like five times and even sent two emails and she keeps promising to call me back the same day but its been two days and no word. I feel like everything is going wrong for me. My savings are stretched thin and I can't take this anymore. Maybe its racism or maybe its people being put off by my accent or I dont know i can't put my finger on it

Hi sabellic and wheresmykoala. thank you for your encouraging words. I surely hope to find my happiness wherever it lies. sometimes things go wrong so you can appreciate them when they're right

Yeah I was. I had gotten an email invite to apply for a job in Arizona. I applied, did an online assessment then the phone interview and received a phone call after 30 minutes of doing the interview telling me i was successful and to complete an onboarding form online. i did and missed a call from another recruiter with the same company who left a voicemail saying they have an offer for me. I rang back then she said she will call me back same day. but nothing so i called back and she said she will talk to me today. waited but no call no email. I am just feeling like everything is going awry... am casting my net wide seeking opportunites but things are not going according to plan that's why I am feeling like things are not in my control.

AM268. wise choice of words & I appreciate what you are trying to say but I believe in order to succeed one has to have passion and what I have been put through has subdued my passion. I feel like am just surviving rather than advancing myself. Maybe things might look up but right now I have lost the will to stay here. Things are not easy back home and i should have persevered through the hardship back home rather than seek an easy wayout by coming to america. I think I have learnt my lesson

Edited by Steve Jobless

They said they would call back people get, busy they didn't forget you. Other important things are cropping up right now too with the holidays and year end deadlines. They'll call you don't give up so quickly. I dealt with lots of recruiters just when I thought I had the job locked up I blew it with a question that caught me off guard so. Be prepared never know. Good luck though I moved from Ohio to AZ took a job here after 30 years in Ohio up and moved the family. Anything is possible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.