Bee1978

Visa denied, DNA requested

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone. I am a US Citizen and my daughter is in Philippines. We have completed all the steps for her visa to come to USA to love and at the interview they requested a DNA test to prove maternity. The DNA tests are done and the embassy has the result.

1. If they requested a DNA test at the interview and that is the email instruction we received, would that be the same instruction on the instructions document they said she would have received at the interview? They never issued her any instructions.

2. How long does it normally take for the US Embassy in Manila to render a decision?

Thank you and everyone have a good holiday.

Was the visa denied? Or simply that the decision will be made after DNA results are in?

FYI- In my wife's country, DNA results can take up to 6 months.

Timeline

Anyone from Philippines who have the same situation with me? Waiting for USE manila to update my daughter's status . It's been 4 weeks now after they recieved the DNA result ?.

• 5 months later...
Timeline

Hi, I am in the same situation right now. My son went on his interview at Manila US Embassy last June 5th 2017 and maternity DNA was requested and they said they will call/email me for instructions but its been a week already and I still haven't received any emails or calls from them. How long did it take for you to recieve the DNA instructions? Is it by email, mail, or call? 

Can you give an update regarding your DNA situations. How long was the whole process? Is your child here now in the US? 

Thank you for anwering.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/17/2017 at 5:41 PM, ronh said:

Hi, how was the DNA test? Does your son get approved? Please share your experience. I hope to hear from you.  Thank you.

Today June 27, my son is currently at Manila US Embassy for the collection of his DNA. 

3 weeks had passed since his interview and I still have not receive any emails from US embassy regarding the DNA request but I went ahead to one of accredited immigration lab here in San Diego I paid $620 and they mailed right away the my sons DNA kit to manila US embassy. St Luke's is still requiring us to forward them the DNA request email from US embassy as soon as we receive it. Tommorrow I will go to the accredited lab that assisting us for my own DNA collection. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** thread closed.  Please ask your own question- or share your own experience- in your own thread ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.