jstryker

Can schedule CFO in Manila day after Interview?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

When registering an appointment - it asks if you ARE a visa holder for an immigrant fiance partners visa.

Technically NO - we wont have it yet because the interview was the day before. Do we select Yes anyway?

Is there a problem scheduling the CFO interview the day after the Embassy interview as she wont physically have the VISA yet?

K1 VISA
10/23/16....I-129F FEDEX 2nd day to Lewisville, TX
10/26/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/28/16....NOA1 Text and Email

10/28/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/04/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

w..a...i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

11/22/16....NOA2 Text Only

11/22/16....NOA2 Approval Date - no email yet
11/28/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

w..a..i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

12/06/16....Called NVC - No case yet (15 days after NOA2)

12/12/16....Called NVC - I-129F Received - no case number yet.

12/13/16....Case Number Received

12/15/16....Case status set as "In Transit"  to US Embassy in Manilla, PH

12/19/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/19/16....Emailed NVC asking for case information as it was never received (I know its too early - Just Do It Anyway)

xx/xx/xx......Never Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC (STILL MISSING GRRRRR)

01/03/17....NVC replied to email providing NVC letter and info

01/04/17....Medical Completed

01/04/17....Fedex I-134 (wet signature) and all documents needed from petitioner for CFO and for the USEM interview (employment, divorce decree, etc...)
02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

02/15/17....Visa In Hand :jest:

02/17/17....CFO Interview, Yellow sticker in hand

03/07/17....POE - San Francisco, CA

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can schedule CFO for 1 week before interview, day after the interview or a week after the interview.

Once you receive the passport back with the visa then you just need to return to CFO to get the stamp/certificate of completion placed in the passport.

As to "Are you a holder of an immigrant visa", the answer is "No" as you not have it currently.

You also just explain this to them at the CFO meeting...

The only issue I am seeing with this is that they generally want to see your passport at the CFO meeting as far as I understand.. So if the passport is at the embassy being processed for the visa, there are some exceptions though as I understand to this... it may be such as having your passport stuck at the embassy. I'm not entirely for sure though.

I suggest doing CFO either before the interview or trying to schedule it 10-12 business days after the interview. It took us 10 days total to receive visa in hand; but 10-12 business days allows for some delay.

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

When registering an appointment - it asks if you ARE a visa holder for an immigrant fiance partners visa.

Technically NO - we wont have it yet because the interview was the day before. Do we select Yes anyway?

Is there a problem scheduling the CFO interview the day after the Embassy interview as she wont physically have the VISA yet?

yes is correct

Fiancee and spouse can attend GCP before physical possession of the visa without problems. Simple return after you have the visa to get the sticker in your passport.

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/5-cfo-gcp-seminar

Edited by Philippines^Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can schedule CFO for 1 week before interview, day after the interview or a week after the interview.

Once you receive the passport back with the visa then you just need to return to CFO to get the stamp/certificate of completion placed in the passport.

As to "Are you a holder of an immigrant visa", the answer is "No" as you not have it currently.

You also just explain this to them at the CFO meeting...

The only issue I am seeing with this is that they generally want to see your passport at the CFO meeting as far as I understand.. So if the passport is at the embassy being processed for the visa, there are some exceptions though as I understand to this... it may be such as having your passport stuck at the embassy. I'm not entirely for sure though.

I suggest doing CFO either before the interview or trying to schedule it 10-12 business days after the interview. It took us 10 days total to receive visa in hand; but 10-12 business days allows for some delay.

Answer is YES, if they choose NO it will not allow them to schedule . Attending GCP without the visa is allowed and not an issue.

CFO can be done at almost anytime for GCP. Some spouses attend GCP years before their visa chase

http://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html

Edited by Philippines^Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Its your choice when you schedule you don't need the visa on hand to attend but if you don't have it then you will need to return after you do have it to get the stamp placed in your passport. But I advise just wait till you either have visa in hand or confirmation its ready for pickup at 2go if you chose to deliver at a 2go outlet, then immediately schedule your CFO for the soonest possible date before your departure (of course pickup the visa first before attending if its available lol). My fiance (now wife) went to the CFO seminar the day before her flight to the US, its not a big deal but the seminar does take most of the day.

Your correct in your response to the OP but because you don't know how far out the schedule is for CFO, It's advisable to get it out of the way soonest possible. Then return for sticker.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Timeline

Its your choice when you schedule you don't need the visa on hand to attend but if you don't have it then you will need to return after you do have it to get the stamp placed in your passport. But I advise just wait till you either have visa in hand or confirmation its ready for pickup at 2go if you chose to deliver at a 2go outlet, then immediately schedule your CFO for the soonest possible date before your departure (of course pickup the visa first before attending if its available lol). My fiance (now wife) went to the CFO seminar the day before her flight to the US, its not a big deal but the seminar does take most of the day.

You can get a stamp at NAIA airport as well, no need to go back to the CFO offices.

Make sure you pay your travel fee and CFO fees so they can dip into your wallet one more time before you leave the country

You can get your CFO sticker (you must still take the seminar either at the Cebu or Manila locations) at Manila NIAI Term 1. The request that you call ahead 2-3 days to schedule and appointment to meet and receive the CFO completion stcker,

CFO NAIA: 632-879-5685 or 02-879-5685

They are open from 5am till 12 midnight

CFO NAIA desk is at terminal one.. beside TIEZA travel tax desk.. between the entrance doors with the x-ray / conveyor machines..

CFO counter is next to the travel tax counter in terminal 2, up front of the departure area

CFO sticker at Terminal 3 on the 3rd Floor at the CFO office.

We have known some who waited after the interview and could not get an appointment for 2-3 weeks. One recently had tickets bought and found out about CFO and she was leaving in 3 days. They flew to Clark to do the CFO and we're able to fet on their flight.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can get your CFO sticker (you must still take the seminar either at the Cebu or Manila locations) at Manila NIAI Term 1. The request that you call ahead 2-3 days to schedule and appointment to meet and receive the CFO completion stcker,

CFO NAIA: 632-879-5685 or 02-879-5685

They are open from 5am till 12 midnight

CFO NAIA desk is at terminal one.. beside TIEZA travel tax desk.. between the entrance doors with the x-ray / conveyor machines..

CFO counter is next to the travel tax counter in terminal 2, up front of the departure area

CFO sticker at Terminal 3 on the 3rd Floor at the CFO office.

We have known some who waited after the interview and could not get an appointment for 2-3 weeks. One recently had tickets bought and found out about CFO and she was leaving in 3 days. They flew to Clark to do the CFO and we're able to fet on their flight.

So it looks like now there is a CLARK extension "desk" for CFO. Not sure what that means. Looks like somewhere you can get the sticker only? Or hold the entire seminar?

http://cfo.gov.ph/news/cfo-news-and-events/3445-cfo-opens-extension-desk-in-clark-pampanga.html

We are pleased to announce the opening of the CFO-Clark Extension Desk at the “One-Stop Processing Center in Clark (OSPC)”. The One-Stop Processing Center, inaugurated on September 15, 2016, is located at the Clark Polytechnic Compound at Jose Abad Santos Ave. Clark Freeport Zone and minutes away from the Clark International Airport.

The CFO will also be offering the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) for Filipinos leaving the country to participate in the Exchange Visitor Program (EVP) and the Country Familiarization Seminar (CFS) for Au Pair participants bound for Europe at the One-Stop Processing Center.

After completing the registration process, a CFO registration sticker will be affixed to the emigrant’s passport. This document will be inspected by the Bureau of Immigration at the airport on the day of their departure; attendance to the abovementioned seminars is a pre-requisite when exiting the country.

The CFO-Clark Extension Desk at the One-Stop Processing Center in Clark is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mondays to Fridays. For reference, below is the schedule of pre-departure orientation seminars (PDOS) and guidance and counseling sessions:

Edited by jstryker

K1 VISA
10/23/16....I-129F FEDEX 2nd day to Lewisville, TX
10/26/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/28/16....NOA1 Text and Email

10/28/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/04/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

w..a...i...t...i...n...g........ :clock:

11/22/16....NOA2 Text Only

11/22/16....NOA2 Approval Date - no email yet
11/28/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received

12/06/16....Called NVC - No case yet (15 days after NOA2)

12/12/16....Called NVC - I-129F Received - no case number yet.

12/13/16....Case Number Received

12/15/16....Case status set as "In Transit"  to US Embassy in Manilla, PH

12/19/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"

12/19/16....Emailed NVC asking for case information as it was never received (I know its too early - Just Do It Anyway)

xx/xx/xx......Never Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC (STILL MISSING GRRRRR)

01/03/17....NVC replied to email providing NVC letter and info

01/04/17....Medical Completed

01/04/17....Fedex I-134 (wet signature) and all documents needed from petitioner for CFO and for the USEM interview (employment, divorce decree, etc...)
02/08/17....Interview 
02/09/17....Visa Issued

02/15/17....Visa In Hand :jest:

02/17/17....CFO Interview, Yellow sticker in hand

03/07/17....POE - San Francisco, CA

Yup that is another location. Some have used Clark and reported that it went smoothly.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.