Nurse1015

Just married. How do I get my husband to usa?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello all,

I recently got married in Morocco. I am a US citizen. My husband does not currently have any type of visa. We are so confused on what to do to bring him to America. Our plan is to live and work in America. Do we apply for k3 visa? Do I petition him as a spouse? Or should he just get a travel visa and then apply for green card?

Keep in mind he has no job, so nothing to make him go back to Morocco, and every reason to stay in America, in the eyes of the government. I am a nurse here and make plenty of money and have my parents willing to sponsor as well.

So what's our best option??

Thanks I'm advance for the responses and help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

K3 is obsolete. You have to apply for a CR1. He cannot apply for a tourist visa and if granted apply for a green card. It would be fraud. His only way here is a spousal visa (CR1) =) it is 12-18 months I believe. The guides are at the top on how and what to file. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to IR1/CR1 Process and Procedures, from K1 P&P - As they are married so the K1 is not and option.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Wx9dm6.png

AOS:

2016-11-21 Filed AOS, AP, EAD

2016-12-19 NOA1 Hardcopy received

2017-03-09 EAD and AP approved

2017-09-15 Green card approved, interview waived

ROC:

2019-08-12 Filed ROC (one day shipping)

2019-08-13 Application received at Lewisville, TX

2019-08-16 Received case number

2019-11-13 Biometrics appointment (Lubbock, TX)

2020-05-14 Case approved, interview waived

Timeline

No problem. Good luck. As someone who went through the US embassy in Casablanca. I can tell you front load (as as much information) as you can to your application and through the process. If most people send 20 pictures to an embassy you send 50. The people who front load seem to have an easier interview. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations on your marriage! :thumbs:

Yup the spousal route will be the one for you if you are already married. Agree that tourist visa and then to try and then change his status would be fraud. K1 Fiance wouldn't be right either as you are already married.

Now time to start your paperwork and get on the route of your visa so you can start your lives together in the USA!

Wish you the best of luck with your process!

Timeline

USAMOROCCO - yes the embassy in casa was not bad at all. I had to go there to get a paper for the marriage. It literally took less than 5 minutes! Any future questions I'll be coming your way! Thanks!

ZoeUK1989 - Thank you so much!! Yes I can't wait to start our lives together, long distance totally sucks haha! Best of luck to you and whatever process you are trying to do! It's all such a headache but totally worth it in the end! ;)

Be prepared for another 9 - 12 months of this long distance. This is the average time of CR1.

K1

29.11.2013 - NoA1

06.02.2014 - NoA2

01.04.2014 - Interview. 

AoS

03.2015 - AoS started.

09.2015 - Green Card received.  

RoC

24.07.2017 - NoA1.

01.08.2018 - RoC approved. 

Timeline

I'm a nurse in the US too. I mean no disrespect in any way when I say this, but it amazes me that people don't research this process BEFORE they get married. We spent a LOT of time researching which is why we decided to get the K1 visa instead of just getting married and doing the CR1. We are all on here because we want our spouses in the US. We all hate the distance, it just is what it is. You learn to live with it until you overcome it.

My (future!) husband is from Morocco too.

Timeline

I'm a nurse in the US too. I mean no disrespect in any way when I say this, but it amazes me that people don't research this process BEFORE they get married. We spent a LOT of time researching which is why we decided to get the K1 visa instead of just getting married and doing the CR1. We are all on here because we want our spouses in the US. We all hate the distance, it just is what it is. You learn to live with it until you overcome it.

Not everyone wants to marry in the US and not everyone can afford to do K1. I don't think she asked the fastest way to get her spouse here she just asked what visa she needed to apply for to bring her spouse here.

Timeline

photos:

send 25 of marriage celebration

25 of travel in morocco consider for honeymoon time

label month and year and people

important to have photos of not only you and him but you with his family

in your letter for application write a good explanation of how you met and time spent with him

there are many of us who went thru casa emabassy interviews

so, plenty of help here

When I decided to marry my husband I knew nothing about the immigration process at all I knew what we had to do to get married in his country but all I cared about was being with him and I promised him that I was not leaving the island without him. Thankfully his country allowed dcf and 2 1/2 months later he got his visa.

I'm glad I never went the k1 route because my husband has been able to work shortly after coming here and I'm able to stay at home with our daughter

I love my husband ?‍?‍?

Married June 2016

Por siempre y para siempre Mi amor

Timeline

Thank you for all your support. I'm meeting with a lawyer today to make sure I'm on the right path. He is a retired immigration judge so what better lawyer to have!!!! You all have been great! Thanks for sticking up for me as well. When you want to marry your love you just want to be married. Especially for us both being muslim we wanted to keep it halal and do things according to sunnah. I can't express how much joy we bring to each other and how much love we have. I never believed I could love this much. I literally cried after we got married I was so overjoyed.

Good luck to everyone. I'll keep you posted on what the lawyer tells me today! ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.