Mumin

Paperwork help for ROC after divorce

1 post in this topic

I would like to start by saying that I, at this point, can definitely not afford a lawyer and really need some guidance on a few parts of filing the I-751 after divorce / with the waiver. I am the immigrant spouse, and my divorce was FINALLY finalized just a few days back (spouse and I have been separated since May 2015) and I want to get this going. My 2year green card will expire in March 2017. I thought it was going to be a piece of cake (I've filed everything by myself up to this point) and was proven wrong.

I don't know if anybody has looked into it, but the new form is slightly differently worded and assembled from the one posted in Example forms.

This is the new form that I am using:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-751.pdf

For me, it gets tricky with the next two parts.

part 4. of the form (page 3), Asking for Citizen Spouses Name, DOB, SSN, Adress, etc,.. - Am I filling in these parts, or leaving it blank?

part 8. of the form (page 7 and 8), When they're asking for my Citizen Spouses's statement, contact information (phone number, email, etc), Acknowledgement of appoitment at USCIS application support center with typed name .. and finally signature. - Which of the following am I supposed to fill out, or more importantly - since I ticked the box that I'm petitioning with a waiver due to good faith marriage ending - which parts have to be left blank?

Right before Part 8. (pg. 7) starts there is a disclaimer saying:

''If you are filing based on claims of being battered or subjected to extreme cruelty waiver or individual filing, you are not required to have the spouse's or individual listed in part 4's signature.'' - This is what has been confusing me. SO I can fill out all of his personal information out, tick box 1.a (pg 7) that he's supposed to fill out.. Type his printed name under ''Acknowledgement of appoitment at USCIS application support center'' ...but just not have his signature?

I truly tried my hardest to form my questions in a reasonable and understandable manner, so if anyone has recently gone through this, has found an example template or whatever, or has any idea what I'm trying to say here, please, please let me know how the heck to go about it.

I'm dealing with a butt-load of extra unexpected expenses (health insurance and unexpected pregnancy for one) and really have no extra funds to get a lawyer right now.

Thanks!

Very sincerely,

recently divorced, emotional pregnant person.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.