Astirlo

Invalid immigrant visa case number.

15 posts in this topic

Filed: V-2 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

By God's grace I had a successful visa interview at Accra US embassy last week. However, in an attempt to track the progress of my Visa issuance status by inputting for instance 2017AF*****, I'm always getting the response "invalid immigrant visa case number". I'll be glad if anyone can help me out as to how to go about this challenge.

case number edited

VJ Moderator

Edited by Ontarkie

First, please edit your original post to take out your exact case number, replace the last 2 or 3 digits with XXX. It's never a good idea to have such precise personal info out there on the internet.

Second, as far as I know the data for DV2017 haven't been uploaded into CEAC yet which would explain that (assuming as it seems you are, that you are leaving out all the leading 0's before the case number)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

On Tuesday, December 20, 2016 at 6:06 AM, SusieQQQ said:

Oh and, congratulations on a successful interview and best of luck for your move to the US:)

Happy new year to you. As indicated above a couple of weeks ago about my successful interview, my case status now shows administrative processing.  What's baffling me is the fact that this update shows the very day the interview was conducted. The date for Visa collection has effectively passed last week, which is the stipulated two weeks given, a colleague whom I met on the day of interview had his status changed to ISSUED, is this a call for concern? I'm very much confused. Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, Astirlo said:

Happy new year to you. As indicated above a couple of weeks ago about my successful interview, my case status now shows administrative processing.  What's baffling me is the fact that this update shows the very day the interview was conducted. The date for Visa collection has effectively passed last week, which is the stipulated two weeks given, a colleague whom I met on the day of interview had his status changed to ISSUED, is this a call for concern? I'm very much confused. Thank you very much.

Hmmm...so, there is no official"status" that they use to show the normal delay between interview and visa approval and "administrative processing" (AP) is used as the catch-all in this period; in that sense, going to AP the day of an interview and staying there a week or so is not necessarily indicative that you are "really" on AP, in the usual sense that AP means they need to do more checks before they can issue the visa. In your case, if it is more than a few days beyond the date they had indicated a visa would be issued  - and you know someone who interviewed the same day and has his visa - it probably indicates that you are on "real" AP. Usually, they tell you at the interview if you will be placed on AP, but sometimes what seems a straightforward case subsequently reveals a need for further checks before the visa can be issued.  It's not necessarily a problem other than a further delay, but ideally you'd want to contact the embassy to find out what your personal situation is. 

Timeline

Thank you very much for your honest opinion. Coming Thursday will be exactly 3 weeks after the interview. I'll likely wait till Tuesday evening if still nothing changed then I will contact them. Actually the friend who had his visa status showing ISSUED went to collection point the same exact two weeks period but only to be told that the visa isn't ready for collection inspite of the fact the said update took place 4  working days after the interview. I hope it's not the real scary administrative processing. One observation I made was, my case was delayed, called after lunch, apology offered for the delay, however, my interview was rather short with the exception of finger printing, it could be less than 1minute and nothing was typed in my present before the blue sheet indicating collection point was handed over to me. Thank you again.

Timeline
Just now, SusieQQQ said:

Hopefully it's just some kind of delay caused by the holiday season. Best of luck and please keep us updated.

Thank you again for your time and help. I deeply appreciate it and certainly without failure I'll keep you posted.

I just read on another forum that a successful Ghanaian applicant said he heard most December visas will have delays in processing (I presume due to the holidays) so hopefully this is all that is happening with you and you will get good news soon!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi

On Monday, January 02, 2017 at 0:08 AM, Astirlo said:

Thank you very much for this information. I'll keep in touch with you soon as there's new development. 

After several weeks of being on administrative processing, I finally had my passport with visa a couple of days ago. And I deem it necessary to report as I promised some periods back. Thank you very much SusieQQQ for your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.