awards

Tax return transcript

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello, I have a question about tax return transcript.

For NVC package, I know I need documents about tax return, but do I need to send a tax return transcript? or just a copy of form 1040 works?

I sent a fax form 4505-t to get a tax transcript to IRS about 2 weeks ago but nothing happened. So I called and asked if they got our request but they said nothing appears on the system. I asked the person over the phone to submit a request but he said my husband's work place name doesn't match so can't process it.

I'll mail a request this time but it might take up to 1 month to get because I live outside the states.

That's why I'm wondering if I can just send a copy of tax return.

Thanks for your help!

Yes you can send a copy of the ENTIRE tax return including w2s, schedules, etc..

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Timeline

Okay. Thank you for your reply.

If I don't send a tax return transcript, what should I put on a document cover sheet "IRS tax transcript"? Enclosed, Unavailable or Not applicable?

Not "enclosed" since it's not enclosed because you will not be sending a tax return transcript.

Not "unavailable" since it is available, you jut don't have the correct information to get it yet.

"Not applicable" only if you provide a complete tax return with the W-2s, etc.

Without a complete tax return with the W-2, etc. or a tax transcript, you are setting yourself up for failure. Wait for the tax transcript if you do not have a complete copy of the tax return with W-2, etc.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.