-Trinity-

Verification letter employer when 100% commission salary

7 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Hi, my husband recently switched jobs. He does work that is 100% commission based and the last two years he made far above the poverty line.
However he started this month with his new job and he doesn't know how much his salary will be. He thinks that his employer won't give him an estimate since its hard it tell, it can be $1000 but it also can be $10000 a month. I want to file the adjustment of status this month cause I really miss my family and was hoping to visit them somewhere in March. I kind a feel stuck now and my husband suggested to ask his mother to be our joint sponsor, but I dn't want to put that burden on her. She will do it in a blink of an eye but I don't feel comfortable asking her to take such a responsibility. We own a house here and I have my house in the Netherlands as well, so i was thinking to use our assets as well. But still, we have to have a letter of the employer. If someone have any suggestions please let me know.

Thank you in advance

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: Timeline

Go with your MIL as the Joint Sponsor. There is no burden on her if you never take a means tested welfare benefit.

The burden is on the petitioner to show a reliable source of income. That's almost impossible to do with a 100% commission job that he recently started.

You can use the equity in your house in the Netherlands.

does he have a contract? proof of payment? employment letter?
house in the Netherlands cannot be used

Why can't the house in the Netherlands be used?

Timeline

does he have a contract? proof of payment? employment letter?

house in the Netherlands cannot be used

No, he doesn't have a contract or employment letter. He just started a week ago. His employer will probably provide him a letter, but its impossible to put in any numbers.

This is what the I-684 says about the ( immigrant's) assets:

'If your total household income does not meet the requirement, you may submit evidence of the value of your assets, the sponsored immigrant’s assets,"

"You may include the net value of your home as an asset"

"Assets of the Intending Immigrant. You may use the assets of the intending immigrant
regardless of where he or she resides"

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Timeline

Go with your MIL as the Joint Sponsor. There is no burden on her if you never take a means tested welfare benefit.

The burden is on the petitioner to show a reliable source of income. That's almost impossible to do with a 100% commission job that he recently started.

No, i'm a strongly opposed to means tested welfare benefits. I would never use that.

Yeah, my husband said that his mom would be happy too help, but i try to see if there are any other options before asking her.

Edited by Dutchie2016

image-2017-12-29 (1).jpg

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe that assets must be stateside or convertible into cash within 12 months.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.