ivorytinkler

Paying for the I-130 in the UK

9 posts in this topic

Just a warning about the end of credit card payments as stated on the US embassy's website for sending off the i-130 form:

NEWS: End of Credit Card Payments
Effective October 19, 2016, credit card payments are no longer an accepted form of payment on petition(s) filed with USCIS Field Office – London.
The ONLY acceptable forms of payment will be (1) U.S. Bank Cashier’s checks; (2) US Bank or U.S. Post Office money order; or (3) International bank draft in USD.
All checks must be made out to: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY.
When we attempted to fill in all the paperwork and send off payment this week we found that the only available way to do it was via international bank draft in USD (also called a foreign draft over here) - and that most banks (we went into HSBC, Halifax, Barclays branches in London) told us that it would take 14 business days before they could issue us with one, providing we were a customer at the bank. Payment wasn't seem possible via western union or post office either.
We eventually tried a Santander branch which my wife is a customer of and they were able to issue us a foreign draft on the spot. Worth baring in mind if you are limited for time or have strict deadlines and need to get the i-130 sent off as soon as you can!

09/12/2016: Married!

13/12/2016: I-130 sent off

20/12/2016 NOA1 received by email

23/02/2017 NOA2 received (approval dated 18/02/2017) by post

• 5 weeks later...

Barclays took 2 days (my wife has an account), but it was a request that seemed to confuse the counter staff, and they took some amount of persuading to do the deed. 

02/20/09 Met Juliet in Nirvana (Pasay)

03/01/09 Long weekend in Batangas

03/09/09 Dave returns to the USA

06/22/09 Dave returns to Manila

06/30/09 Juliet learned to SCUBA Dive in Sabang

07/11/09 Visit Laguna with Juliet and her son Justin

08/19/09 Long weekend in Baguio

09/09/09 Fly to Bohol

09/24/09 Family trip to Sabang

10/18/09 Dave returns to the USA

04/01/10 Dave moves to UK

11/19/10 Juliet and Justin move to UK

06/16/14 Juliet and Justin become British Citizens

11/16/16 NOA1

01/17/17 NOA2

01/19/17 Packet 3 Rcvd

03/16/17 Interview (placed on hold pending additional info)

03/27/17 Submitted requested info

04/03/17 Received Visas

06/17/17 Sold House and cars

06/19/17 Arrived in Phoenix AZ

I'm working on completing my I-130 on behalf of my husband's visa. I bank with Barclays. I walked into a London branch today, the intl bank draft took about 15 minutes to process, and they said I could pick it up at the branch in three business days. Be warned it's a £25 processing fee, and the FX rate they give you is terrible!

• 2 months later...

by the way, you can order them online if you bank with Natwest. Took 3 business days to come, £20 fee. Halifax also offers them, but needed go in-branch to order.

I am the USC, my husband is a UKC. IR-1 via DCF London.

3/24/2017: I-130 packet sent

3/28/2017: NOA1 date

5/19/2017: NOA2 date (received 5/25)

6/14/2017: LND number received

6/27/2017: medical booked

6/29/2017: Knightsbridge call that needs to come back for 2nd chest x-ray

6/30/2017: 2nd chest x-ray

7/3/2017: Knightsbridge call to confirm x-ray was clear

7/5/2017: interview booked - approved in principle pending receipt of medical

7/6/2017: status changed to Issued

7/09/2017: e-mail from courier that it had been received from embassy

7/10/2017: courier delivered

future:

8/8/2017: POE Denver In'tl Airport

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ivorytinkler.

I just read your post having filed my I-130 a week ago... We filed in the USCIS Credit Card Payment form as advised by someone at the London Embassy who I've been emailing with some of my questions. The Embassy's I-130 link you mentioned in your post doesn't say anything about credit cards not being accepted that "NEWS" section you quoted doesn't appear on the website... have they changed it since you last posted?? I am now nervous that this will delay our process!

Thank you for your help

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.