imse82

Anyone got RFE for sending copy of FRONT green card only?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

I'm already in the 90 days window to file my I751 and getting ready to mail the application in few days but unfortunately I just lost my green card. I do have a copy of the front of the card only.

Can I file my I751 and send only front copy of the green card? Anything else I should do in this case?

Thanks all.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Review some threads, don't know.

However, what I do know is that the instructions are very clear on the type of evidence that USCIS wants sent in with the initial I-751 petition, so you can likely expect some issue if you don't comply with their explicit instructions:

Permanent Resident Card You must file your petition with a copy of your permanent resident card or alien registration card, and a copy of the permanent resident or alien registration cards of your conditional resident children that you are including in your petition. Submit copies of both front and back sides of the card.

Reference: Form I-751 instructions, page 5: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-751instr.pdf

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Review some threads, don't know.

However, what I do know is that the instructions are very clear on the type of evidence that USCIS wants sent in with the initial I-751 petition, so you can likely expect some issue if you don't comply with their explicit instructions:

Reference: Form I-751 instructions, page 5: https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-751instr.pdf

Thank you for the replay... submitting I90 to get a replacement card is pointless now since the card will expire in the 1st week of Feb 2017 and we planning on filing I751 next week.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thank you for the replay... submitting I90 to get a replacement card is pointless now since the card will expire in the 1st week of Feb 2017 and we planning on filing I751 next week.

It may not be pointless. I am not sure if USCIS will accept the front side only copy of the GC (it doesn't look good), or reject your petition outright, or merely send you an RFE when they start sifting through your paperwork. Hopefully other members that have encountered this specific dilemma can post their experience.

If they initially accept your petition paperwork, and then send you an RFE for it later. That later may be several months down the road, particularly in light of the current lengthy delays in ROC processing. If you have to get a replacement card secondary to an RFE, waiting for the replacement card could cause you problems with the time frame requirement for replying to the RFE.

It may be prudent to consider making an Infopass appointment and discussing the situation with an IO at your local USCIS field office.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

LOOOOONG time viewer, first time caller!!!!

I never received my conditional green card and so when it came to remove my conditions, I explained this in the package we submitted. I was not sent an RFE and was approved without an interview. So I doubt it is a do or die piece of the puzzle, if their is an explanation to go with it....

Timeline

It may not be pointless. I am not sure if USCIS will accept the front side only copy of the GC (it doesn't look good), or reject your petition outright, or merely send you an RFE when they start sifting through your paperwork. Hopefully other members that have encountered this specific dilemma can post their experience.

If they initially accept your petition paperwork, and then send you an RFE for it later. That later may be several months down the road, particularly in light of the current lengthy delays in ROC processing. If you have to get a replacement card secondary to an RFE, waiting for the replacement card could cause you problems with the time frame requirement for replying to the RFE.

It may be prudent to consider making an Infopass appointment and discussing the situation with an IO at your local USCIS field office.

Thanks for the reply... the card will expire on Feb 8 2017. If I file I90 to get a replacement card, my GC will be expired but the time the process the application and I doubt USCIS will issue and mail and card that's already expired.

LOOOOONG time viewer, first time caller!!!!

I never received my conditional green card and so when it came to remove my conditions, I explained this in the package we submitted. I was not sent an RFE and was approved without an interview. So I doubt it is a do or die piece of the puzzle, if their is an explanation to go with it....

Good to know... that's encouraging. At least I have a copy of the front side.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.