mocha.g

RFE Letter of Intent to Marry from Beneficiary (I-129F)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all,

First, I apologize if this is a repeated topic, I previously posted a reply in a thread and included my story and comment altogether but I was told not to hijack someone's post and start my own thread.

To make our story short, 10 months after NOA1, we received an RFE on November 30, 2016. USCIS asked for Letter of Intent to marry (from the beneficiary) within 90days upon arrival in the US. We acted quickly by writing the letter, signed by the beneficiary and sworn before a notary public and sent it back to USCIS. On December 14, 2016, we received a notification that they have received our reply to their RFE and will begin working on our case again (California Service Center).

Anyone here who got the same RFE and how long did it take you to receive another status update from USCIS? I've read some encouraging words from other topics that RFEs are something more on the positive side because of two things: that someone is actually working on your case, and two, the officer gave you a chance to fix whatever is missing.

On a side note, that good 10 months we lost waiting was spent on background security checks. Beneficiary had previous employment in a military hospital in the midddle east, as a civilian healthcare provider. We suspected this part took some time.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Less than 10 days.. Good Luck..

N-400 - Mount Laurel, NJ 

Online N400 Application 05-28-2020

NOA1 - 05-29-2020

Biometrics will be reused 11/13/2020

N400 Interview - 2021-02-04   MOUNT LAUREL, NJ  Approved and Oath Same Day

Vermont Service Center

ROC Applied: 2019-04-26

ROC NOA Text Received: 2019-05-01

ROC NOA Extension: 2019-05-01

ROC NOA Received: 2019-05-03

Biometircs Completed: 2019-06-05

Bioemetrics Status: 2019-06-09 Biometrics Review Completed and Case is under further Processing.

i751 - Case Transferred: 2020-05-20 - Case Transferred from VSC to NBC

i551 Stamp for six months 01/27/2021 in Mount Laurel, NJ

i751- Case Ready for Interview: 2020-05-28.. Combo Interview 02/04/2021 Approved

GC Journey:

K1 Visa - Consulate : United Arab Emirates

I-129F Sent : 2016-06-08

Interview Date : 2016-11-20

Visa Received : 2016-11-28

US Entry : 2016-12-13

Marriage : 2017-01-18

AOS i485 :              2017-03-06

AOS  GC Approval:      2017-07-11 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

When you superimpose your often different question on another person's thread (in essence, hijack another member's thread), answers then tend to get confused between whom is answering which question. Hence the previous request for starting a new thread.

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.