zeilend

When to Start DS-160

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all, just have a quick question --- I'm visiting my fiancee for a weekend trip today and was hoping that we could start in on the DS-160 together.

NVC forwarded our petition to Montreal earlier this week, so we should be good to send everything in once the embassy can confirm that it has been received.

I have my I-134 complete (just need to go to the bank for some last supporting documents), and the police check is in progress. Everything else on the Packet 3 checklist is more or less done.

Is it too early to start our DS-160? Thanks!

Hey, I think that once you have the case # you can complete the DS-160 form without any issues! If you want to be safe and wait until you receive a notification from the embassy before submitting, I know that you can save the DS-160 for up to 30 days. That way you can both start it this weekend, and save it for submission at a later time :)

I also googled and found this from the travel.state.gov website:

When you begin a new DS-160, you will be issued a unique application identification (ID) number after selecting and answering a security question. Once you have your application ID number and have selected and answered a security question, you may exit the DS-160 application and return to it later. You must have your application ID to return to your application. To save your DS-160 to the Consular Electronic Application Center website, click the “Next” button at the bottom of each page you complete. You have 30 days to return to a partially completed application.

K-1  (134 Days)

10/24/16 I-129F Received
10/27/16 NOA 1
11/28/16 NOA 2
12/16/16 NVC Case Number

01/04/17 Case Ready!
02/16/17 Medical Appointment
03/07/17 Interview- APPROVED!

05/25/17 PO

koalafornia.gif.7dcdef8e779766ea5ce2f681e19e19fe.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.