Lovesahota

rejected 2 times from canada.usa study/work/tourist visa chance ? (merged threads)

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi my name is L S. i am 25 years old from india.i refused from canada two times.first time for study and second time for tourist.study visa rejection reason was in other reasons-proposed program not reasonable in light of past studies,language abilities etc.i got my passport today for tourist visa.its reason is also in other reasons-economic establishment,employment prospects,considering travel history,family ties.i provided all possible documents with bank balance upto 5 lakhs and our occupation as agriculturist with j forms included.how can they give refusal ? can i apply for usa tourist visa immediately.i am single and my brother,mom and father will stay in india.plz help me as earliest as possible.thank you.

Edited by Ryan H
Reason for edit: to remove full name.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi my name is LS.i am 25 years old from india.i refused from canada two times.first time for study and second time for tourist.study visa rejection reason was in other reasons-proposed program not reasonable in light of past studies,language abilities etc.i got my passport today for tourist visa.its reason is also in other reasons-economic establishment,employment prospects,considering travel history,family ties.i provided all possible documents with bank balance upto 5 lakhs and our occupation as agriculturist with j forms included.how can they give refusal ? can i apply for usa tourist visa immediately.i am single and my brother,mom and father will stay in india.plz help me as earliest as possible.thank you.

Are the tourist and student visa to Canada denials documented in your passport? If so, a USA visa will surely be denied.

Even if not shown on passport, a 25 year old, single male from India will have a very difficult time convincing a consulate officer of strong ties to the homeland. And five lakh will not be a lot of money if you stay more than a few days.

Are you really seeking a tourist visa for tourism? That is what will be on the officer's mind. And the burden to overcome any suspicions is entirely on you.

Good luck.

~Name edited by moderator~

Edited by Pitaya

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No harm applying.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

visa denials not documented on passport.but on back side of my passport,there are paper chits of reference numbers of my previous applications and if i fill form for visitor visa.i have to show denials in it.no ?

Edited by Lovesahota

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Visa denials from other countries do not matter since you do not disclose them during the US visitor visa process and nothing is in your passport.

Canada has nothing to do with the US. You can apply for a US visitor visa. The US Government does not care that you were denied visas to Canada.

You probably got a denial from Canada because the Canadian Government are likely to violate Canadian immigration laws if you were granted a visa.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

Canada and the US do share data on immigration issues, quite to what extent I do not know.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 Sounds like visa shopping. A young, Indian punjabi male has a slim chance at a visa based on the description provided. According to trends, you're probably classified as being in a group that's unlikely to return back to India once in Canada\US\UK.

2 Canadian and Americans share immigration and criminal history data.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline

Mainly based on your application.

Filed: Timeline

You can apply to the US if you have a well paid job back home,and strong ties, Be mindful that although it should not

matter that you have been denied a visa to any other country, the US AU UK along with Canada ask if oine have been denied

a visa to any other country, you must be honest...I say give it some time before trying, or travel to another country for vacation first.

Timeline

i have not job right now.i completed my computer diploma in 2015 and ielts in 2016.then i am managing our agriculture business as assistant with my father.can i show support affidavit of father ? and how much i should show in my bank balance ? and does it matter if i transferred money from my canada,norway relatives ? they can see in my bank statement that i borrowed money from them ? plz tell procedure to strengthen my case

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your case is strengthened by showing that you intend to return to India. You make your case stronger by convincing the Visa officer that interviews you that you will in fact return to India. SO.. how do you make your case stronger? Not in any particular order...

A) Develop some travel history to show that you can travel and return. Short vacations to other countries are good.. These show that you enjoy travel/tourism and that your interest in USA or Canada is solely for a short visit for tourist purposes.

B) Get a job in India.. Ideally a job that pays well and for which you have compelling reason to return to..

C) DO NOT apply immediately to the USA for a tourist visa... If the USA and Canada do share information or you are asked about other refusals your (presumed) lack of travel history could make you look desperate to get to the USA anyway you can.

D) Savings..Likely only helpful if those funds are somehow tied to your presence in your home country or so significant that you could afford an investment Visa in the USA (absolute minimum of US $500,000 and likely more than $1 Million USD)

-

Honestly the way you present your case it sounds like you are looking for a way to move to, live and work in the USA. If this is your true intent please say so... The members here are happy to help advise you on legal (though limited) paths to obtain your dream...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

yeah i am kind of want to do work if i can extend my visa there.please do not take it in wrong way.because i want to do it in full legal way if possible.but i do not know how to do it.because there is no hope for me in other way

So it's not a tourist visa you're after. You want to live and work in America, or whichever country that'll grant you a visa

If you can't convince us, the untrained, every day folk, how will you convince the experts at the embassy?

Use your resources, ingenuity and great attitude to make a business or grow your family's agricultural business. America is a wonderful country with amazing people and incredible opportunities but it's no more incredible than India. Take a step back and look around you.

Sometimes we can't wait to jump from the pot into the fire.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.