eminemd12

Waiting for work permit

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi guys,

I provided my fingerprints by November 18th, But I did not receive my work permit yet, and whenever I check my status, I find the following:

On October 7, 2016, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number MSC**********, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by November 6, 2016, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Is it ok to wait that long. it is almost 75 days to be a week? Also it does not say in the previous statement about receiving my other documents. Is all this normal? Any recommendation?

Thank you

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from WST-based AOS to WST-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi guys,

I provided my fingerprints by November 18th, But I did not receive my work permit yet, and whenever I check my status, I find the following:

On October 7, 2016, we received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization , Receipt Number MSC**********, and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by November 6, 2016, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Is it ok to wait that long. it is almost 75 days to be a week? Also it does not say in the previous statement about receiving my other documents. Is all this normal? Any recommendation?

Thank you

You have to sign us on USCIS website for each receipt you received from them for the petitions you filed.

You have the I-765 but sign up for a on line account for your I-485 and whatever else you sent in

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I have pretty much the same dates as you and haven't heard anything about my EAD either. They received my documents October 7th and I did fingerprints November 16th

F-1 visa/status, F2A category - child under 21 yrs old of permanent resident

AOS (i485, i131, i765) package received October 7th 2016

Biometrics appointment November 22nd but did walk-in November 16th

service request December 21st (75th day) - answer case within current processing time

January 6th service request online (91st day)

got answer on January 12th that my case is on hold because they sent me RFIE on November 3rd and I haven't answered yet...I never got any letter, no updates on website, when I was calling them no one told me that they are waiting for answer for RFIE, they kept saying my case is under review

january 26th USCIS received my answer for RFIE

March 10th EAD/AP approved 

March 17th combo card mailed

March 22nd combo card received 

Perfectly normal waiting time. My husband had biometrics on November 25 and we aren't expecting EAD/AP until January if everything goes as planned. Hang in there, you will get yours soon.

Adjustment of Status from B-2 Visa

09/18/2016: Married!

10/14/2016: AOS Application Package Sent to Chicago (USPS)

10/16/2016: AOS Package Delivered [Day 0]

11/1/2016: NOA 1 [Day 16]

11/1/2016: Checks Cashed [Day 16]

11/4/2016: NOA 2 [Day 19]

11/12/2016: Biometrics Appointment Letter [Day 27]

11/25/2016: Biometrics Appointment [Day 40]

01/12/2017: "New Card Is Being Produced" I-765 [Day 88]

01/20/2017: Received Combo Card in Mail [Day 96] 

07/19/2017: Interview scheduled / Interview Notice Mailed [Day 276]

08/22/2017: INTERVIEW + Updated Case Status to "Card Produced/Mailed" 

06/2019:  I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions Filed

07/2019: Biometrics 

04/24/2020:  I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions APPROVED 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Fingerprints have no correlation with your EAD.

EAD is processed in 90 days. If it has been 75 days since the "received" date on your NOA, you can call USCIS and put in an expedite request. Also rember for USCIS to expedite you should have a valid reason like job loss, etc

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

You just did your fingerprints on November 18 expect to wait 3 months from them especially with many holidays this time . We filed April fingerprints end of April and work permit first week of July

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.