Gabije

IR2 Visa Interview in Lagos Nigeria

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My daughter is currently 17 years old and will turn 18 years in July next year. I requested for an expedited processing due to some issue back in Nigeria, it was approved and forwarded to the Embassy on the 21st of last month. I received an email this morning that her interview date has been scheduled for the 9th of February 2017. However, I have some uncleared question I need help with.

My first question is, I submitted a copy of my passport information page to the NVC, do I send my passport to my daughter since the embassy required original documents or do I send my citizenship certificate to her? Though I never submitted the copy of my citizenship certificate to the NVC, but the copy of my passport page

My second question is, are there any other fees I am required to pay during my daughter interview, apart from the AOS and the visa application fees paid already. I am a little bit confused in-regards to the visa application fees on the packet 4. It stated that "Applicants for petition-based visas (IR1, CR1, etc) who have been receiving correspondence from the National Visa Center have likely already paid their visa fees. Other fees are as follows:  Diversity Visa Fee (non-refundable): $330  Immigrant Visa Fee (for all applicants except for DV applicants): $325" So am I paying the Diversity Visa Fee or any other fees?

My third question is, I filled out the DS-260 for my daughter after paying the AOS and Visa application fees and I have the printed out. But according to the packet 4, it also stated that the DS-260 should be printed out and not signed. Is another DS-260 need to be filled out or should I just send the already filled and printed DS-260 with other required documents to my daughter?.

Please any advice on these issue will be very appreciated. Thank you.

Send an email to the embassy : lagosIV@state.gov

Also check the US embassy - Lagos website, i think, someone correct me if i am wrong.

All the questions you need answered are on the FAQ.

Good luck on your visajourney!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

**Duplicate thread deleted. Please only post once. Thank you! :goofy:

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.