Adam&Allison

Knightsbridge Medical in two weeks time - am I prepared?

7 posts in this topic

Hey all,

So with my medical coming up two weeks today, wanted to make sure I have everything in order so I figured I'd ask you guys;

1) Police Certificate (this is in the mail and should be with me any day now)

2) GP Summary

3) Medical Questionnaire

4) Confirmation of NVC case number (what did you guys take for this? I'm not sure I have anything with my NVC case number and my visa classification on it. I could take screenshots?)

5) Vaccination Summary

6) Passport (I guess for ID?)

7) Passport Sized Photos (I'll get these closer to the date)

Am I missing anything here guys?

Thanks!

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey all,

So with my medical coming up two weeks today, wanted to make sure I have everything in order so I figured I'd ask you guys;

1) Police Certificate (this is in the mail and should be with me any day now)

2) GP Summary

3) Medical Questionnaire

4) Confirmation of NVC case number (what did you guys take for this? I'm not sure I have anything with my NVC case number and my visa classification on it. I could take screenshots?)

5) Vaccination Summary

Am I missing anything here guys?

Thanks!

Yup, nothing else is needed!

2) GP Summary

You only need this if you've had health issues in the past, but certainly no harm in taking them.

Did you receive your 'Packet 3' with your LND case number and your fiancees I-129F? I took that on Monday for mine.

Yep.

UK or USA photos are both accepted.

Yup, nothing else is needed!

2) GP Summary

You only need this if you've had health issues in the past, but certainly no harm in taking them.

Did you receive your 'Packet 3' with your LND case number and your fiancees I-129F? I took that on Monday for mine.

Yep.

UK or USA photos are both accepted.

Is the Packet 3 the one with the copy of the I-129F we originally sent? If so then yeah I have that, I'll take that :)

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

Timeline

Is the Packet 3 the one with the copy of the I-129F we originally sent? If so then yeah I have that, I'll take that :)

That's the one. I took that letter with me as it has the LDN case number on and confirmation it is the K1 visa I am applying for. There were a fair few people in the waiting room, applying for all different visas, so they just want an official document stating which it is.

Good luck with everything, they are incredibly nice at Knightsbridge and it is a breeze :)

That's the one. I took that letter with me as it has the LDN case number on and confirmation it is the K1 visa I am applying for. There were a fair few people in the waiting room, applying for all different visas, so they just want an official document stating which it is.

Good luck with everything, they are incredibly nice at Knightsbridge and it is a breeze :)

Thank you! :)

Timeline

Sounds like you have everything. The case number will be on the letter you received saying that had received your case at the embassy in London. Its at the bottom of the front page.

Make sure you vaccines are up to date this catches many people out... As it did me!

Although UK doctors will tell you the Tetanus is for life its not in the USA. It must be done every 10 years! Be sure that if you are relying on an old Tetanus shot that it has been done recently or at least within the 10 years.

If you are missing any of the vaccines... Don't let them tell you that you can get it done with your local GP. Take the hit on cost and get them done there otherwise it will cost you money and trouble when you're in the USA and trying to do you AOS.

Please don't make that mistake I and many others have by believing it is simple to have vaccines done at a later date, Its not!

I can confirm that unless you have had previous medical issues that have had ongoing treatment or would be of significance then you do not actually need that summary from the doctors... That's a waste of time and money if you have had to pay for it... They didn't ask for mine but i took it anyway.

They literally just asked me to hand over my letter from Embassy to confirm case number, Passport, vaccine records and police certificate. I did photocopies of all of them, It made it a lot easier for them as it meant they did not have to do it while I waited. They thanked me for this, so it just makes life easier for both people I think. Up to you whether you do this or not.

Also when you go be sure you need a tinkle lol.

They are really nice in there and make you feel as comfortable as you possible can given the situation,

Best of luck!! :)

Oh they asked me for my photographs too sorry.

Personally I would get my jabs done at the medical, yeah they cost a bit more but you will know for certain you have the correct paperwork, god only knows what they would hand you at Boots! Good for peace of mind for the worry mongers amongst us.

I hear the medical is slightly easier now, they don't do the knob/no knob check anymore lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.