papasmf

Help please - K1 Interview Scheduled by accident with DS-160 from previous J1 Visa

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ah.. I'm freaking out a bit right now. I just noticed our interview confirmation page has the incorrect DS-160 number and barcode on it. I'm not even sure how this happened, other than the fact we updated my fiancé's old account on usatraveldocs that she used for her J1 visa. Well, our interview is scheduled for Dec 27, but with her DS-160 from her J1 visa from January this year, instead of using the DS-160 we made filled out last month in November. That date is no longer available if I try to reschedule online, and we've had flights and hotel booked for this for weeks now that are not refundable. Can anyone please suggest the best course of action before I try to go and "fix" this myself?

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=245604

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was also i this kind of situation my self when scheduling and interview,all you need to do is contact ustraveldocs by email and tell them whats going on they will instruct you on what to

California Service Center
2016-09-08-I-129f petition was received by USCIS
2016-09-12-NOA1 Text and Email
2016-09-16-NOA1 Hard Copy Received
2016-10-03-NOA2 Text and Email (21 days)
2016-10-04-NOA2 Hard Copy Received
2016-10-20-NVC Received (16 days)
2016-10-24-Case Number Received and Hard Copy
2016-10-25- Lagos Consulate Received
2016-11-08- Updated by the Embassy and said Ready for Interview
2017-01-10-Medical
2017-01-26-Interview-APPROVED
2017-01-31-Visa Issued
2017-02-06-Visa in Hand
2017-02-09- POE -- IAD 
Xu1rYa7NJo6b.jpgXu1rp1.png?t=1&C876mYOC

Timeline

call the embassy! they should have a hotline for that in the website

for my experience, I realized a mistake on my ds160 after scheduling my interview, so I called them and they just told me to fill up a new ds160 and bring the updated one on the interview. They asked about it at the embassy and I just told them there was a mistake in the old one and it was okay... I dont know with your case though, so call the embassy where your fiance will have her interview. Hope this helps.:)

K1                                                                                                                                         ROC

03.22.2016: 129F sent                                                                                                                                 05.05.2019: 90 day window opens
03.28.2016: 129F received                                                                                                                          05.09.2019: ROC sent
04.01.2016: NOA1                                                                                                                                       05.17.2019: text receipt with LIN # and check cashed
06.15.2016: NOA2                                                                                                                                       05.21.2019: NOA hardcopy with 18 months extension letter

07.14.2016: NVC#                                                                                                                                       10.24.2019: Biometrics appointment (Las Vegas)

07.25&27.2016: Medical PASSED!                                                                                                              04.02.2020: Case APPROVED!

08.04.2016: Interview APPROVED!                                                                                                             04.08.2020: 10yr GC received in mail

08.12.16: Visa ready for pickup

08.23.2016: CFO                                                                                                                                         N-400

08.29.16 : POE LAX                                                                                                                                    05.05.2020: 90 day window opens

05.06.2020: filed online

AOS, EAD& AP

10.19.2016: AOS, EAD& AP sent

10.20.2016: delivered

11.02.2016: NOA1 emails& texts

11.03.2016: Check cashed

11.08.2016: NOA1 hard copy

11.12.2016: Biometrics Notice received

11.22.2016: Biometrics appointment (Las Vegas)

12.05.2016: Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

01.21.2017: EAD/AP card received

07.03.2017: AOS Interview scheduled for August 3, 2017

08.03.2017: AOS Interview APPROVED!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ah.. I'm freaking out a bit right now. I just noticed our interview confirmation page has the incorrect DS-160 number and barcode on it. I'm not even sure how this happened, other than the fact we updated my fiancé's old account on usatraveldocs that she used for her J1 visa. Well, our interview is scheduled for Dec 27, but with her DS-160 from her J1 visa from January this year, instead of using the DS-160 we made filled out last month in November. That date is no longer available if I try to reschedule online, and we've had flights and hotel booked for this for weeks now that are not refundable. Can anyone please suggest the best course of action before I try to go and "fix" this myself?

Relax. You have the confirmation page for the new DS-160? That is all you need, bring it to the embassy for you interview. No worries about the old DS-160. ;)

ONLINE NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION (DS-160) CONFIRMATION PAGE. You must print the DS-160 Confirmation Page that contains the barcode information and bring it to your interview.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline

This has been resolved, again thanks to the advice of the VJ'ers here, I love you all - thank you so much! It was resolved by calling the embassy's US number, I got through to the interview scheduling person and she helped me fix it and emailed me a new confirmation with the correct DS-160. Thanks God, and God bless you all.

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

Timeline

Relax. You have the confirmation page for the new DS-160? That is all you need, bring it to the embassy for you interview. No worries about the old DS-160. ;)

ONLINE NONIMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION (DS-160) CONFIRMATION PAGE. You must print the DS-160 Confirmation Page that contains the barcode information and bring it to your interview.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

Oh yes, that line is exactly what caused me concern haha - it says it has to be the same barcode as what is on the appointment confirmation or you may be denied entry! Anyhow, it's resolved now. Called the embassy and they updated our appointment confirmation and emailed it back to us again.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh yes, that line is exactly what caused me concern haha - it says it has to be the same barcode as what is on the appointment confirmation or you may be denied entry! Anyhow, it's resolved now. Called the embassy and they updated our appointment confirmation and emailed it back to us again.

It doesn't say same bar code as the appointment confirmation. They don't have the same bar codes on the DS-160 and interview confirmation. You will bring both confirmation pages to the interview.

Many have completed multiple DS-160s before the interview (they made mistakes and completed new ones), important thing to do is - bring the current DS-160 confirmation page to the interview

Edited by Philippines^Sagot

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline

It doesn't say same bar code as the appointment confirmation. They don't have the same bar codes on the DS-160 and interview confirmation. You will bring both confirmation pages to the interview.

Many have completed multiple DS-160s before the interview (they made mistakes and completed new ones), important thing to do is - bring the current DS-160 confirmation page to the interview

this was the specific line that caused me concern before it was corrected earlier when I spoke with the embassy appointmet person. Ours' was incorrectly entered, but technically still a valid number. It seemed to suggest either mistake could deny entry:

: Please note, it is vital that you provide the valid and correct DS-160 confirmation number when you schedule an appointment. If the confirmation number is invalid or incorrectly entered, you will not be admitted to the interview and you will be required to book a new appointment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.