19 posts in this topic

~~Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes, from Off Topic - As similar topics are discussed here.~~

~~Duplicate thread removed. Please only start one thread for the same or similar topic.~~

Edited by Ontarkie

Nope. As stated you're an adult, and can do whatever you want to, they can't "send you back" unless you let them. Being gay is not illegal in the US so they have no 'legal' grounds to even try.

While everyone is spot on with the "you are an adult" and "no, they cannot deport you", we should talk more about the "eviction" possibility. Do you have friends or other family that you can live with? Do you have a job? Are you in school? Your parents may remove their monetary support from you, but if you can build a support network and find a place to live, you will be ok. Maybe not emotionally right away, that will take time, but you will not have to leave the US.

Edited by AlinaB

What is "eviction"? I have a friend who's parents know about this problem and I could live with them, I do work a part time and I go to school as well

eviction is when the place you are living at the owner kicks you out the house and you no longer live there that is referred to as being evicted,... They cannot deport you cause you have done nothing illegal and your an adult with a green card BUT they can evict you from there house which would mean you would be homeless unless you had somewhere to move into

Edited by Moslund

Eviction is basically your parents telling you to move out of their home permanently - this they can do, but they can not have you deported.

What is "eviction"? I have a friend who's parents know about this problem and I could live with them, I do work a part time and I go to school as well

I have where to stay if they kick me out of the house, but what I should do after that? Any legal thing that I would have to do?

just go to social security office, your bank, job/school and DMV (if you have an ID card of driver licence/learners permit) and notify them of change of address... i think your need to inform USCIS of address change also even if you are a green card holder but im not sure... your family cant touch you in regaurds to immigration... you have done nothing illegal even if they went to immigration to try to get your deported USCIS will laugh in there face cause you need to commit some serious crimes like felony's in order to be considered for deportation... being gay isnt a crime in this coutnry so there just threats that's all empty threats

Edited by Moslund

were you issued the 2 year or 10 year green card? i dont know how familar you are with immigration procress but just a reminder if its the 2 year green card then i believe you need to remove conditions from your green card a few months before it expires in order to get it turned into a 10 year green card

Edited by Moslund

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.