Sugarmew

What happens to my Medical Examination after Approval?

12 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

I'm happy to say my K1 Visa was approved and arrived last Saturday all safe and sound. Just to share my excitement, I'll fly to the US coming Saturday morning. Yay!

However, I'm just wondering what happens to the medical examination results after the interview, does anyone know that? I don't know if they're in the sealed envelope or not (obviously I would never open it before my POE. Yes, really obviously :content:), but I'm just wondering if I'll ever receive them myself.

I'm also wondering if I'll need the examination results for my AOS as a "hard copy". I know as a K1 fiance you don't need to do a second medical examination if your last one isn't so long ago, so I'm wondering how I would prove that I already did mine...?

The paranoia person I am, I'm a little worried I am originally supposed to have them, so I thought opening a thread on here would make me feel a little better.

Thank you really much for replying!

-Your forum newbie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I'm happy to say my K1 Visa was approved and arrived last Saturday all safe and sound. Just to share my excitement, I'll fly to the US coming Saturday morning. Yay!

However, I'm just wondering what happens to the medical examination results after the interview, does anyone know that? I don't know if they're in the sealed envelope or not (obviously I would never open it before my POE. Yes, really obviously :content:), but I'm just wondering if I'll ever receive them myself.

I'm also wondering if I'll need the examination results for my AOS as a "hard copy". I know as a K1 fiance you don't need to do a second medical examination if your last one isn't so long ago, so I'm wondering how I would prove that I already did mine...?

The paranoia person I am, I'm a little worried I am originally supposed to have them, so I thought opening a thread on here would make me feel a little better.

Thank you really much for replying!

-Your forum newbie

You won't get them back they will go into there files.

You should have gotten a copy of the DS-3025 that you need to submit with your AOS.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

When I did my medical I got a hardcopy of my results in a sealed envelope and one printed out for my personal records. If you didnt get a hard copy of it you can always go to the doctors office and ask for a hard copy. They might charge you with a little fee but they will have all your results in their system for a few years.

GC Journey
05/05/2016 - Informed about beeing selected in the DV Lottery 2017
11/09/2016 - Medical Exam
11/16/2016 - Sent AOS package(I-485, I-765) to Chicago Lockbox
11/17/2016 - Delivery confirmation via USPS
12/12/2016 - NOA1 Hardcopy received
12/21/2016 - Biometrics Appointment Hardcopy received (scheduled 01/06/2017)
12/27/2016 - Biometrics done (early walk-in)
01/01/2017 - Interview Appointment letter in mail
01/18/2017 - Interview Appointment in FO LA
01/19/2017 - Case Approved notice on USCIS Account
01/23/2017 - Received mail that card is mailed to my address
01/25/2017 - Received Green Card in mail

Naturalization Journey
04/07/2024 Preparing for N-400

You won't get them back they will go into there files.

You should have gotten a copy of the DS-3025 that you need to submit with your AOS.

Thank you for your answer!

Where would that DS-3025 be? All I got was my passport, the sealed envelope and a simple letter with some information (like that I have to marry within 30 days, the standart stuff).

Timeline

Thank you for your answer!

Where would that DS-3025 be? All I got was my passport, the sealed envelope and a simple letter with some information (like that I have to marry within 30 days, the standart stuff).

It's from the doctor. If they didn't give it to you then contact them tomorrow so you get it.

When I did my medical I got a hardcopy of my results in a sealed envelope and one printed out for my personal records. If you didnt get a hard copy of it you can always go to the doctors office and ask for a hard copy. They might charge you with a little fee but they will have all your results in their system for a few years.

That might be a really good idea!! It seems like I need it for my AOS so I should try to do that... I didn't get anything at the doctors office other than the CD with my lung xray. Thank you really much!

It's from the doctor. If they didn't give it to you then contact them tomorrow so you get it.

I'll definitely do that, thank you so much!

I didn't get anything from him other than my lung x-ray CD. He said to me, quoted from what I remember, that there's some new procedure and he had to send in my blood tests/... to another office, which took a week to get the results from. Maybe that's why I didn't get anything from him right away...? -_-

Timeline

I'll definitely do that, thank you so much!

I didn't get anything from him other than my lung x-ray CD. He said to me, quoted from what I remember, that there's some new procedure and he had to send in my blood tests/... to another office, which took a week to get the results from. Maybe that's why I didn't get anything from him right away...? -_-

No because you got the sealed package.

No because you got the sealed package.

Just a really short question to you if you don't mind. I called at the doctors office, they are going to send me the DS-3025 to my German adress the next weeks (luckily my parents will pick it up).

I don't need this document for my POE though, right? I guess there's some copies of it in the sealed envelope so no need to show a physical copy myself? Thank you!

Edited by Sugarmew

Timeline

Just a really short question to you if you don't mind. I called at the doctors office, they are going to send me the DS-3025 to my German adress the next weeks (luckily my parents will pick it up).

I don't need this document for my POE though, right? I guess there's some copies of it in the sealed envelope so no need to show a physical copy myself? Thank you!

No you do not so just have them send it to you and you can put it in your AOS package :)

No you do not so just have them send it to you and you can put it in your AOS package :)

Good, I am relieved!! You helped me a LOT! I wish you a wonderful christmas time :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.