Cybery

Am I the only one still waiting after 16 months

9 posts in this topic

Hello all,

I am new here I was looking over August 2015 filers and looks like everyone got removal of conditions approved. I filed in August of 2015 to Vermont,did biometrics in September of 2015,got notice that I am approved for 1 year. Within this year I called them multiple times they kept saying how i am still within processing time and i should be receiving the decisions soon. Well on the day my 1 year expiration I called them again then they told me to go schedule info pass,so I did,went there they gave me a stamp which extends my green card for another year.

At the info pass they told me my case was transferred to local office here in Baltimore but they could not give me any other information. Now it has been full 16 months since I filled and nothing,the online status case has not changed at all,nor I received any letter that my case was transferred. Online case status just says they received my application on August 8th.

It has been really frustrating process for me.

Anyone else been waiting this long? Also when they gave me the stamp they took my actual green card is this the case with others?

Thank you

Edited by Cybery

Your case is way beyond processing times as Vermont though slow normally takes 1 year to process. If you wish you become a U.S. citizen, go ahead and file your N400 since you're still eligible ( based on 3 year rule provided you're still married to and living with your spouse though). What you'll need to send in place of your 10 year green card will be a copy of the initial NOA for i-751 and a expired resident card. Your N400 will be processed this will force them to adjudicate it since it must be done before you naturalize. On most cases it's done on the same day of your N400 interview together. That's what most people do when their I-751 petitions are hanging in limbo and they also wish to be come U.S. citizens as well. If you don't want to become a U.S. citizen, what you can do is schedule another info pass or get your local congressman/senator involved.

Edited by Starkilla09

Anyone else been waiting this long? Also when they gave me the stamp they took my actual green card is this the case with others?

Yes, 19 months.

No, they didn't take my card - nor would I have let them had they tried to.

For various reasons I can't file my N-400 yet, so am stuck at their mercy for the time being.

Thank you.

Yes i was thinking about filling for citizenship but when i asked the agent at Infopass,she said that i can apply but it is not going to be approved until my ROC is approved(daa makes sense). I took it as even if I apply it wont do anything,I am glad to hear that it might speed up the ROC process.

Yes go ahead and send in your N400 if you have the money to do so right now. Fees will get jacked up on December 23rd. Two outcomes will take place; your I-751 will be forced to be adjudicated before your N400 is finalized, or on the same day of your N400 interview as your files will be consolidated. Either way it's a win win and will save you time rather that waiting in limbo and delaying your N400 process which you'll end up doing down the road anyway.

Edited by Starkilla09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.