Chair_force1

Sharing funny story... comments?

34 posts in this topic

So I just filed a K1 application for my Dominican fiancée. today I showed her some of the sample interview questions some of you have posted in these forums. Some of the questions are rather intimate, such as "when was the last time you had sex?" Well in our relationship I had mentioned to her I would feel better if we wait until she comes to the States with her visa before pursuing a sexual relationship (just feels like the right thing to do for us). Anyway, she perceived the sexual question from the consulate to mean that if we don't have sex before the interview the consulate won't believe we are in a "real" relationship. I tried to explain to her that the U.S. Government does not care if engaged couples have sexual relations or not prior to being approved for a K1 visa. She doesn't believe me and wanted me to post, so you all could comment.... try not to laugh too much...

To each their own on sex before or after marriage only. Or whenever they choose to do it. It doesn't matter really in sense of the visa. The questions from the CO about "When was the last time you had sex together" sounds more like a Stokes type interview question... not just the general interview type... but; if they were to ask she just is honest and gives same reason you just did about wanting to wait.

I salute you for doing the right thing! But yes I was laughing :) God bless you both! I admire those who could wait really and I don't think CO would think there should be sex just to be in real relationship.

yes, I told her, they only want to know that your answers are the same, no matter what the answer is

To each their own on sex before or after marriage only. Or whenever they choose to do it. It doesn't matter really in sense of the visa. The questions from the CO about "When was the last time you had sex together" sounds more like a Stokes type interview question... not just the general interview type... but; if they were to ask she just is honest and gives same reason you just did about wanting to wait.

Me and My fiance attended his interview together and personally, after seeing the process myself, I can't imagine they would ask a question like that in real life. It is a pretty professional atmosphere and that questions would seem inappropriate but Idk I guess it's technically possible. I can bet almost 100% that the Embassy doesn't care one bit about that part. LOL Good luck!

Obviously it's not a requirement. There are still people in this world who wait until marriage....

(I personally think that it's great that there are still such people.)

Edited by EM_Vandaveer

My experience with the Dr embassy

They never asked when the last time we had sex

Just how we met and if we had any children in common(I guess she didn't see my big belly when I walked up to the window)

It was a lot easier than I thought I'd be but I also married in Dr and never left until he had his visa in hand

Oh she asked for pictures too which we had plenty of those,almost 100

I know someOne in dr who was asked what color underwear is your fiancée wearing.

And another when they bathe who first who last that night.

Personally sex before marriage is a personal choice. Can't be denied on that alone.

Edited by Catuela

Haha just wanted to add that I think your story is sweet! ^_^ Having sex or none at all won't have any weight on how genuine the relationship is. Even if she was asked about sex during the interview, being honest and saying that you're both waiting would be more than okay! Good luck to you both throughout the journey :)

I can't imagine they would ask a question like that in real life. It is a pretty professional atmosphere and that questions would seem inappropriate but Idk I guess it's technically possible. I can bet almost 100% that the Embassy doesn't care one bit about that part. LOL Good luck!

There's no "LOL" about it at all. You're fortunate beyond measure not to have been at the hellhole Guayaquil consulate in 2008, when everyone of that era -- our era -- was ordered into Stokes interrogations and was asked multiple questions on that very topic. A wrong answer = refusal of the visa.

Let's hope that the OP's fiancee avoids that grim, no-win situation.

If there's one reason that I've remained active on VJ, it's to remind people over and over again that the consular phase is NOT to be underestimated, dismissed, or treated cavalierly.

Edited by TBoneTX

I know someOne in dr who was asked what color underwear is your fiancée wearing.

And another when they bathe who first who last that night.

Personally sex before marriage is a personal choice. Can't be denied on that alone.

Well I would be in trouble, I have no idea what color underwear my wife is wearing! Barely know what color I'm wearing lol

Well I would be in trouble, I have no idea what color underwear my wife is wearing! Barely know what color I'm wearing lol

Right...lol

DR is noctorious for stokes interviews people should be prepared.

Although its cute, I would not say funny. I think everyone in the K1/CR1 visa process has looked at at least ONE website, and saw something that freaked them out about not being able to be with their loved ones.

I have not seen the sex question, but I have seen sample questions that are similar, like "What side of the bed does your wife usually sleep on?" I think it is just if they are unsure you are in a real relationship, and most likely more so if you are married. Because those are "Real couple" questions that you should be able to answer.

I think your partner has nothing to fear! Just tell her to take a breath, and be honest. If they ask her that question, say "We are waiting till marriage" and the customs agent should have no issue with that!

GOOD LUCK!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.