inzango

Does it make a difference if USC mother applies or USC brother applies?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello VJyers,

Does it make a difference who applies?

My situation:

I"m applying for my brother. Will it expedite the process if my mother applies?

Thank you very much.

CR-1/NVC
November 16, 2009: Sign-in Failed!!
November 16, 2009: December interviews already scheduled. Operator told me to wait for a possible January interview date. Call back in the 2nd week of December
November 30, 2009: Been trying to call NVC but line busy since late after noon. Finally, got email appointment letter from NVC with the Interview date of January 19, 2010. Yeppe Alhamdulillah>
December 24, 2009: Medical Done and report recieved the same day.
January 11, 2010: Medical submitted at VFS. They asked for: Copy of Packet 3, Appointment letter, and Passport. They told her to take a copy of I-864 and the documents submitted with it, at the time of interview with other proof of relationship documents.
January 19, 2010: VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 21, 2010: Visa recieved in mail (Package included passport with visa stamped, sealed big brown envelop to be submitted at POE immigration at the airport, and instructions to apply for SS Card)

USA
February 07, 2010: POE Chicago --> Very easy, within 45 minutes
March 02, 2010: SS Card recieved in mail. Welcome letter recieved in mail as well
March 13, 2010: GC Recieved in mail

January 29, 2015: N-400 Application submitted

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

no, they will be 2 separate petitions, there is no expediting on these long waiting petitions

is your brother over 21 and unmarried? if you apply the wait is over 12 years

if your mom is a LPR and your brother is unmarried over 21, the wait will be over 6 years, but he can't marry unless your mom becomes a USC

if she is a USC, and your brother is unmarried over 21, the wait is over 7 years

Timeline

My mother is USC.

I am USC.

My brother is married with no kids.

Will it make a difference if I apply for my brother and his wife or if my mom applies for my brother and his wife?

I'm sorry for not giving details. lol

Thank you again very much for quick replies.

CR-1/NVC
November 16, 2009: December interviews already scheduled. Operator told me to wait for a possible January interview date. Call back in the 2nd week of December
November 30, 2009: Been trying to call NVC but line busy since late after noon. Finally, got email appointment letter from NVC with the Interview date of January 19, 2010. Yeppe Alhamdulillah>
January 11, 2010: Medical submitted at VFS. They asked for: Copy of Packet 3, Appointment letter, and Passport. They told her to take a copy of I-864 and the documents submitted with it, at the time of interview with other proof of relationship documents.
January 21, 2010: Visa recieved in mail (Package included passport with visa stamped, sealed big brown envelop to be submitted at POE immigration at the airport, and instructions to apply for SS Card)

USA
March 02, 2010: SS Card recieved in mail. Welcome letter recieved in mail as well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

the only difference is one or 2 years less of waiting if your mom applies

both of you can file for them, since the wait is long and many things can happen

Timeline

hi

the only difference is one or 2 years less of waiting if your mom applies

both of you can file for them, since the wait is long and many things can happen

thank you very much. That makes sense.

CR-1/NVC

USA

It will be over 13 years if you apply (assuming your brother is from India).

If your mother files then it will be around 11 years, based on current timescales. These could increase.

This is, of course, assuming that such categories are not abolished.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.