CécileMai

Help for form DS160 for K1 visa !

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I'm filing online DS160 and I have a few questions... Sometimes it's really obscure and not clear, I hope that someone would help me resolve these mysteries :)

1- What is the passport book number for a canadian passport? (I found contradictory informations online)

2- I'm canadian and I made all my application as a canadian citizen, but I was born in France, which country I should list first? I put france first as country of origin, then canada with my passport number.

3- They ask for Application receipt/Petition number: should I write the Montreal Case Number or the USCIS receipt number? They both have 3 letters and 13 characters :/

4- Concerning my monthly income, should I mention income before or after tax?

5- For the security question: " Do I have received vaccinations in accordance with US laws?" Answer is: not yet, i'm waiting for my medical exam but I know I have to get them. So I guess it's no, right?

Sorry if it sounds a little dumb, but I really want to do it right to not lose time in the process

And thank you so much if you take a little moment to help me !!

Cécile

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/content/ds-160-help-and-frequently-asked-questions-faqs

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/DS-160-Example-Form.pdf

^^Maybe reviewing the example forms DS160 will help.

3. Yes use the Montreal case number.

5. Right

Edited by LionessDeon

Hello everyone,

I'm filing online DS160 and I have a few questions... Sometimes it's really obscure and not clear, I hope that someone would help me resolve these mysteries :)

1- What is the passport book number for a canadian passport? (I found contradictory informations online)

2- I'm canadian and I made all my application as a canadian citizen, but I was born in France, which country I should list first? I put france first as country of origin, then canada with my passport number.

3- They ask for Application receipt/Petition number: should I write the Montreal Case Number or the USCIS receipt number? They both have 3 letters and 13 characters :/

5- For the security question: " Do I have received vaccinations in accordance with US laws?" Answer is: not yet, i'm waiting for my medical exam but I know I have to get them. So I guess it's no, right?

Sorry if it sounds a little dumb, but I really want to do it right to not lose time in the process

Cécile

1 - there is only one passport number in a Canadian passport. Top right.. under passport number

2 - That's fine

3 - if you need to mention your monthly income (not sure why) it's gross income not net income

5 - if you have never received any of these vaccinations that you need, MMR, TDap, Varicella [or verbal okay of chicken pox] and Influenza for this year, then go to your local health clinic and get them done for free NOW. Don't pay for vaccinations you don't have to pay for! That's just silly. If you still want to wait for your medical exam, then you check no and explain you will get them at the medical exam.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you so much for your answers, I filed it this morning!!

The huge stress is that I can't find my passport, now that I need to scan it :ranting:

I checked everywhere (and will again) I was sure it was in my bag, anyway I have to make a new one because I'm leaving for Europe in 10 days.

So, yes, I'm stressed out, I hope it won't impact badly our application. In the worst case scenario I have a copy of my passport and I think about scanning it for P3, then add a police report and explain the case.

Did someone hear about lost passport in the K1 process?

Honestly I don't know what to do, i hope I will find it...

Cécile

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Cécile

1. Passport book number is found on page 3 of your passport above the barcode.

2. That's fine unless you are dual citizen then Canadian should be fine.

3.Receipt number is your WAC number. That's what I put.

4. I put before tax.

5. Yes depending on whichever vaccines you haven't gotten write no and state you are scheduled to get them.

Goodluck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.