lookafterme

need help with cr1 visa process

23 posts in this topic

hi guys iam just wondering if for example i send my papers to uscis for cr1 visa and i was married for 2 ex wives before and i forget to mention one of them i already divorce from long time ago is it a big deal ? or not an important thing at all ?

Depends on what state of the process you are in.

This person case, his fiancee K1 visa was refused and he has to refile again.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578054-refused-application-returned-for-review/

Depends on what state of the process you are in.

This person case, his fiancee K1 visa was refused and he has to refile again.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/578054-refused-application-returned-for-review/

he is not fiance i said cr1 visa i didnt say k1 visa and i said if it is in the first process ofr uscis step

Giving false information is a big deal especially when it comes to the gov. Merrytooth was giving a example of what happens when you forget to mention a ex wife or husband on the petition for the guy his fiancee was denied not saying it will happen to you but just wait and see what happens with your petition

he is not fiance i said cr1 visa i didnt say k1 visa and i said if it is in the first process ofr uscis step

Big deal yes a big deal. What can happen.

1. You can be denied at USCIS.
  2. You can be denied and banned at interview stage if the CO feels you misrepresented yourself.

If you already sent in petition and are approved. Better fix it an NVC correctly answer DS-260 (even though I don't think for petitioners they ask about previous marriages). Go to interview with corrected information and ALL divorce decrees.

I know someone who left off 1 of their divorces they were denied at embassy had to wait for NOIR (They had other issues) but they were requested in their NOIR to provide ALL divorce decrees some of which were over 30 years old.

Of course you could always call USCIS tell them you made an error and need to submit updated documents. That way it's in USCIS hands and the documents/evidence is approved.

If...for example the papers in the first process step with uscis can i send them decree divorce that i forget to mention with i 130 befor they took their decision or they will refuse because i send them extra information which wasnot written in the i 130 that i sent them and i will need to refill new petioin again that for example what would u be ur advice ?

• You can be denied at USCIS.
  • You can be denied and banned at interview stage if the CO feels you misrepresented yourself.
If you already sent in petition and are approved. Better fix it an NVC correctly answer DS-260 (even though I don't think for petitioners they ask about previous marriages). Go to interview with corrected information and ALL divorce decrees.

I know someone who left off 1 of their divorces they were denied at embassy had to wait for NOIR (They had other issues) but they were requested in their NOIR to provide ALL divorce decrees some of which were over 30 years old.

Of course you could always call USCIS tell them you made an error and need to submit updated documents. That way it's in USCIS hands and the documents/evidence is approved.

• You can be denied at USCIS.
  • You can be denied and banned at interview stage if the CO feels you misrepresented yourself.

If u call uscis they will approve t update ur documents or they will tell u to refill new petioin with refill new i 130 and pay again ?

And what is NOIR

If u call uscis they will approve t update ur documents or they will tell u to refill new petioin with refill new i 130 and pay again ?

And what is NOIR

You won't know until you ask them. I would prepare for them asking you to re-file (and - of course - pay again).

NOIR is a Notification of Intention to Revoke - basically a notification that the embassy has denied your visa even though USCIS approved the petition and the approval from USCIS is being reversed.

How did you 'forget' about a woman you were married to?

And what is NOIR

What did u friend do with NOIR and how long he takes to get after his case wnt to NOIR to get the visa in his hand ?

What did u friend do with NOIR and how long he takes to get after his case wnt to NOIR to get the visa in his hand ?

What did they do they submitted what was asked of them. Took 12 months to get the NOIR from the interview date. Right now its 12 to 18 months to get a reply.

Why are you keep asking. I sure would be calling USCIS now. Also just curious, this forgotten marriage we are talking about the petitioner correct?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.