Jump to content
jonnydi

NOA 2 to receiving case number (London)

47 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hey Everyone,

Firstly let me give you our timeline thus far:

01 Sep - Mailed package to US embassy

08 Sep - NOA 1 received and payment taken

12 Nov - NOA 2 received

We're currently still waiting for our case number to come through after almost 5 weeks which seems to be on the high side compared with some other timelines I have looked through. I just wanted to check on here to see if anyone had been at a similar stage recently and experienced a similar delay?

The letter from the embassy does say it could take 5-8 weeks but I was under the impression it is usually much quicker than this and wondered if their quoted timeline was likely to be accurate based on the experience of others. I am thinking things are likely to be slower due to thanksgiving, the election and being in the run up to Christmas.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2016 at 2:30 PM, jonnydi said:

Hey Everyone,

Firstly let me give you our timeline thus far:

01 Sep - Mailed package to US embassy

08 Sep - NOA 1 received and payment taken

12 Nov - NOA 2 received

We're currently still waiting for our case number to come through after almost 5 weeks which seems to be on the high side compared with some other timelines I have looked through. I just wanted to check on here to see if anyone had been at a similar stage recently and experienced a similar delay?

The letter from the embassy does say it could take 5-8 weeks but I was under the impression it is usually much quicker than this and wondered if their quoted timeline was likely to be accurate based on the experience of others. I am thinking things are likely to be slower due to thanksgiving, the election and being in the run up to Christmas.

Thanks

Hey Jonny,

Have you heard anything back yet? We received our NOA2 last month and thought the delay was strange since most people receive it a week after. Still waiting on that case number, we have even tried guessing it online with no luck :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2016 at 4:27 PM, Cam73 said:

Hi,

I haven't got to that stage in my journey yet, but from what I've heard I wouldn't expect it to take so long - I've heard of it being as soon as a week after NOA2. I'd email the embassy.

Good luck.

Hey Cam,

I saw that you had your NOA2 on Dec 16th! have you heard anything about a packet 3 yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

 

After Cam's response I emailed the embassy - took them about 10 days to get back to me, but they replied to say the case number had been sent way back on the 17th November, which is only 5 days after NOA 2 for me. I guess my letter must have been lost in the post so I would definitely recommend getting in touch with them if its been more than a couple of weeks. The wait times for the medical and the interview didn't seem too bad as I was able to book mine for the 6th of Jan and 2nd of Feb respectively, but still very annoying as it has set us back by over a month. 

 

@Cam73 - Thank you for your original advice - I'd probably still be waiting if you hadn't replied. 

 

Good luck to both of you! I know the painful feeling for watching the letterbox everyday.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jonnydi said:

 

 

@Cam73 - Thank you for your original advice - I'd probably still be waiting if you hadn't replied. 

 

Good luck to both of you! I know the painful feeling for watching the letterbox everyday.

 

 

Thanks, and glad I could help - it's about the only productive thing I've done for the last 2 months!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jonnydi said:

Hey guys,

 

After Cam's response I emailed the embassy - took them about 10 days to get back to me, but they replied to say the case number had been sent way back on the 17th November, which is only 5 days after NOA 2 for me. I guess my letter must have been lost in the post so I would definitely recommend getting in touch with them if its been more than a couple of weeks. The wait times for the medical and the interview didn't seem too bad as I was able to book mine for the 6th of Jan and 2nd of Feb respectively, but still very annoying as it has set us back by over a month. 

 

@Cam73 - Thank you for your original advice - I'd probably still be waiting if you hadn't replied. 

 

Good luck to both of you! I know the painful feeling for watching the letterbox everyday.

 

 

When you emailed them, did you use the contact form? Could you share what emailed address they responded with? Just so then we have a more direct for of contact instead of waiting through a random contact form. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cam73 said:

The good news is they replied pretty quickly; the bad is that they haven't received the approved petition yet. After three weeks. In the same building.

Wow...that's concerning they are taking so long to transfer the cases to the IVU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Cam73 said:

I feel quite liberated by it. Let them take all of their eight weeks to click a f@$king mouse - I'm off to California to wait somewhere nice.

Are you just going to go out there on VWP and then come back for your interview then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×