papasmf

Required NVC/Embassy MNL Number document for medical and interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I'm the petitioner, my beneficiary is doing her medical in Manila in about a week, and our interview is in about two weeks. I received a letter in the mail from NVC stating that my case was sent to Manila and to wait a few weeks. That letter has barcodes and the MNL and USCIS case numbers listed on it.

Do we need a letter from the embassy stating that we are approved for interview to proceed? Everything I read on here said we could proceed as soon as we have the MNL number from NVC, and I waited until the case status online said "Ready" at the embassy. A person that is helping us with our case says that we need the embassy letter to be granted access at the interview, and that we could potentially need it for the medical as well.

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?cfl=&id=245604

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

No.

Send her a copy of the NVC letter (scan and email it), my partner just got asked for a copy of that at his medical.

But you can set up the interview also just using that case number. The embassy will not send anything to you or the beneficiary.

Just make sure once interview is set to Fedex/DHL her an original copy of the I-134 with "wet" signature and supply her also all your financial documents(W2's, pay stubs, employment letter, ect..) for her to take to the interview with her.

Also print out all appointment confirmations/bookings and take them with her to the medical and interview. Also pay BPI and get the receipt for the payment for the interview/visa.

Make sure there is 1-2 weeks between medical and interview to allow time for medical to be completed and results transfered to embassy.

Also can go a head and complete CFO at any time. If she does it before the interview, she needs to go back after she receives her passport with visa back and get the certificate/stamp from them for immigrations.

good luck!

Edited by Ben&Zian

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Timeline

Thank you very much

We have our medical on the 19th and the interview on Dec 27th. I'll be there with her in Manila for the interview, so i'm bringing the original petition and i-134 with me.

Citizenship process complete!  First a J1 work/travel Visa visitor from Philippines to Texas where we met each other, then back to Philippines.  Ultimately, immigrated here via a K1 Marriage-based petition in 2016, AOS started in 2017, completed in 2018, ROC started/completed in 2020, N-400/Citzenship granted in 2022 - timeline link below:

Timeline

Sounds good. Again best of luck!

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

I'm the petitioner, my beneficiary is doing her medical in Manila in about a week, and our interview is in about two weeks. I received a letter in the mail from NVC stating that my case was sent to Manila and to wait a few weeks. That letter has barcodes and the MNL and USCIS case numbers listed on it.

Do we need a letter from the embassy stating that we are approved for interview to proceed? Everything I read on here said we could proceed as soon as we have the MNL number from NVC, and I waited until the case status online said "Ready" at the embassy. A person that is helping us with our case says that we need the embassy letter to be granted access at the interview, and that we could potentially need it for the medical as well.

Email a copy of that letter to your fiancee, she will need a copy for completing the medical at SLEC.

Person helping you is wrong.

You can complete the medical without having your interview date, but it is wiser to get your interview date settled. NVC letter NOT needed for the interview, for that you need a copy of your interview confirmation page.

Follow the below link for details:

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/3-usem-k-1-visa

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/4-slec-medical

And lastly your fiancee will need to complete CFO.

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/5-cfo-gcp-seminar

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline

Thank you both for the advice

Timeline

Thank you both for the advice

Also. Make sure to have the DS-160 completed, St. Luke's will ask for a copy of the confirmation page the 2nd day.

And of course the embassy will want a copy of the confirmation page for the interview.

The links I provided can be very helpful

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 12/13/2016 at 12:17 PM, Ben&Zian said:

No.

Send her a copy of the NVC letter (scan and email it), my partner just got asked for a copy of that at his medical.

But you can set up the interview also just using that case number. The embassy will not send anything to you or the beneficiary.

Just make sure once interview is set to Fedex/DHL her an original copy of the I-134 with "wet" signature and supply her also all your financial documents(W2's, pay stubs, employment letter, ect..) for her to take to the interview with her.

Also print out all appointment confirmations/bookings and take them with her to the medical and interview. Also pay BPI and get the receipt for the payment for the interview/visa.

Make sure there is 1-2 weeks between medical and interview to allow time for medical to be completed and results transfered to embassy.

Also can go a head and complete CFO at any time. If she does it before the interview, she needs to go back after she receives her passport with visa back and get the certificate/stamp from them for immigrations.

good luck!

What's CFO/  I have a problem with abbreviations.  While you are at it, what is P3?

Archie

Timeline
1 minute ago, bolin786 said:

What's CFO/  I have a problem with abbreviations.  While you are at it, what is P3?

CFO is Commission on Filipinos Overseas.  All fiancee from Philippines must attend the GCP seminar. 

P3 or information packet 3 (legacy terminology) nowadays is simply the list of instructions that is hosted on the embassy website 

YMMV

Timeline
2 hours ago, bolin786 said:

What is CFO? I have a problem with abbreviations. I imagine MNL is the NVC number followed by 10 digits. What is P3?

Thanks,

bolin 786

CFO  = Commission on Filipinos Overseas 

https://cfo.gov.ph/gcp.html 

Philippines requires completing the CFO seminar, receiving a certificate and getting a sticker in the passport after the visa is issued.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/cfo-orientation-seminar.html

The complete K-1 visa process

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.