MarkPerry

Trump picks ExxonMobil CEO Tillerson as choice for secretary of state

96 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I asked for specifics that proved Obama was scared and weak when it came to the Russians and you provide a 10 second snippet of Obama saying he will have more flexibility after the election. Sorry, but that does not prove squat, the context of the conversation really doesn't matter. Someone claiming they "will have more flexibility" proves nothing other than that person is willing to negotiate.

You cannot say in one breath that Obama was scared and weak because of the one line in that video and in turn not think Trump is also weak and scared of the Russians by appointing Putin's friend, Rex Tillerson to secretary of state. Well I guess you could, but then you'd be a hypocrite. It's very clear that Trump does not want to play hardball with the Russians, he wants to be friends and business buddies. But that's okay with you simply because the letter on the sweater has changed from "D" to "R" and it's none other than The Donald who's calling the shots now. I find it comical that anyone who supports Trump believes that he will be tough on the international stage, especially with the Russians, when in fact all signs point in the opposite direction. What was that again about having one's head in the sand?

I don't recall ever mentioning what Tillerson or Trump will do in regards to Russsia. In fact it's yet to be seen since neither one have assumed office yet. I don't even recall mentioningmI'm a Trump fan but you sure assumed that. However we saw how "flexible" Obama has been with Russia in regards to Crimea, Syria, etc. If Trump does more of the same than I'll be the first to criticize him.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I asked for specifics that proved Obama was scared and weak when it came to the Russians and you provide a 10 second snippet of Obama saying he will have more flexibility after the election. Sorry, but that does not prove squat, the context of the conversation really doesn't matter. Someone claiming they "will have more flexibility" proves nothing other than that person is willing to negotiate.

You cannot say in one breath that Obama was scared and weak because of the one line in that video and in turn not think Trump is also weak and scared of the Russians by appointing Putin's friend, Rex Tillerson to secretary of state. Well I guess you could, but then you'd be a hypocrite. It's very clear that Trump does not want to play hardball with the Russians, he wants to be friends and business buddies. But that's okay with you simply because the letter on the sweater has changed from "D" to "R" and it's none other than The Donald who's calling the shots now. I find it comical that anyone who supports Trump believes that he will be tough on the international stage, especially with the Russians, when in fact all signs point in the opposite direction. What was that again about having one's head in the sand?

Trump will be much more effective with Russia than Obama ever was. Trump is already in a much better position.

I don't recall ever mentioning what Tillerson or Trump will do in regards to Russsia. In fact it's yet to be seen since neither one have assumed office yet. I don't even recall mentioningmI'm a Trump fan but you sure assumed that. However we saw how "flexible" Obama has been with Russia in regards to Crimea, Syria, etc. If Trump does more of the same than I'll be the first to criticize him.

You're correct you haven't mentioned Tillerson, didn't say that you did. I'm simply pointing out the irony between the two.

As for making things up that don't exist, back in post #24 you said to me, "It proves you have your head in the sand if you think Obama was playing hardball with Russia." To which I replied "I think somewhere along the line you lost track of what was being discussed. Perhaps a reread of the thread is in order?" I never claimed Obama was playing hardball with Russia, I simply asked (Mark Perry) for specifics that showed he was weak, which still have not been provided. If you want to post on someone else's behalf at least get the content right.

Edited by Teddy B

Trump will be much more effective with Russia than Obama ever was. Trump is already in a much better position.

That remains to be seen. So far it appears that he wants a friendship with Russia, which I am not necessarily opposed to. But at this point there is nothing that indicates Trump will play hardball with Russia as some have claimed here.

Trump is almost a better President than Obama ever was and he hasn't even took office yet.

Trump has achieved many beautiful and wonderful things so far. I'm sure he'll surpass Obama's 8 years of accomplishments before the start of the new year. Trump will probably be the best president in US history come inauguration day, many people are saying this.

Filed: Timeline

Trump has achieved many beautiful and wonderful things so far. I'm sure he'll surpass Obama's 8 years of accomplishments before the start of the new year. Trump will probably be the best president in US history come inauguration day, many people are saying this.

The day Obama leaves office should be a National Holiday, the day the nightmare ended

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Trumps team is working already to eliminate the sanctions against Russia. This will be the green light to resume the reunification of Rus people.

http://www.npr.org/2016/12/14/505581348/trumps-men-in-moscow-trump-disciples-suddenly-showing-up-in-russia?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=2042

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

so blatant.

And this is from the people who claim Obama was weak with the Russians.

Lifting Western sanctions that were imposed on Russia because of its armed intervention in Ukraine has become the top priority not only for the Kremlin but for foreign companies working in Moscow.

And this is from the people who claim Obama was weak with the Russians.

completely delusional.

Filed: Timeline

I thought that was the day Bush left office?

I am Texan and thought he did a pretty god job, I made good bank under his Presidency. Yes the weapons of Mass Destruction was a black eye. But no one can say Bush didn't love America and proved it often.

Under Obama I have done well financially, but what I hate about his tenure is : He has made US patriotism decline in the USA, He has done a lot to try to destroy the fabric of the USA, He has bent over backwards to reward illegal aliens to be welcomed in the USA, and basically has made the USA a weaker country worldwide. He wants to take from the rich and give to the poor. I will always be a firm believer that you should be treated well if you are rich and made your money the old fashioned way be earning it.

I am Texan and thought he did a pretty god job, I made good bank under his Presidency. Yes the weapons of Mass Destruction was a black eye. But no one can say Bush didn't love America and proved it often.

Under Obama I have done well financially, but what I hate about his tenure is : He has made US patriotism decline in the USA, He has done a lot to try to destroy the fabric of the USA, He has bent over backwards to reward illegal aliens to be welcomed in the USA, and basically has made the USA a weaker country worldwide. He wants to take from the rich and give to the poor. I will always be a firm believer that you should be treated well if you are rich and made your money the old fashioned way be earning it.

Not just the WMD debacle, but the two unnecessary wars that went along with it and the economic collapse that brought the country to it's knees weighs heavily in Bush's legacy as well. Most historians rank him as a below average president overall. I tend to agree with them and I voted for Bush twice.

Polls of historians and political scientists taken after 2005 have generally ranked Bush as a below-average president. A 2005 Wall Street Journal/Federalist Society poll placed Bush as the 19th best president.[75] In 2006, Siena College surveyed 744 professional historians; they regarded Bush's presidency to date as: Great: 2%; Near Great: 5%; Average: 11%; Below Average: 24%; Failure: 58%. Thomas Kelly, professor emeritus of American studies at Siena College, said that "In this case, current public opinion polls actually seem to cut the President more slack than the experts do." Similar outcomes were reported by two informal surveys done by the History News Network in 2004 and 2008.[76] A 2009 C-SPAN survey of historians ranked Bush in 36th place among the 42 former presidents.[77] In a 2015 survey of the American Political Science Association, Bush placed 35th out of the 43 people who had served as president.[78]