Michael&Lexy

B1/B2 denied and planning to apply F1 visa.

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello there, Lexy here. My fiancé told me about this site. I read your story and it's a relief knowing that I'm not alone.

Honestly, I was so hurt and down about the visa refusal. I was so confident and had all the supporting documents in hand. I was wearing a very formal attire without make up on because one of my friends adviced me not to put any make up on that day. He then looked at me from head to toe. No trace of smile on his face. I was so nervous but I keep myself calm and smiled at him.

He asked a bunch of questions. He didn't bother to looked at my documents first but every time he threw questions at me I showed my document even he is not asking for it. First question was. Are you single? Have you been traveling locally? ( which is in Thailand) have you been traveling internationally? What do U do? Where do you intend to visit in the US? Do you have any properties in Thailand? How much is my salary and do I have any family here? Who do you want to visit in the US? And her job.

I answered him properly and correctly. I'm traveling a lot. Locally and internationally. I got a good monthly salary and permanent job and savings. I have my sisters here with me etc. still he denied me. i showed him my strong ties here in Thailand. It saddens me. I wont be able to spend my Christmas with my fiancé.

I hope everything will be fine with the F1 visa. My fiancé is working with it now.

Thank you for sharing yours. Keep me updated. ❤️❤️❤️

Same Filipina with love. ?❤️?

Hi Lexy! Yup, I experienced the exact same thing. I was bringing all the documents and she (the girl who interviewed me was Asian but was so rude and "masungit"), didn't even bother to look at any of it. I travel a lot too and even have a Schengen visa and traveled a number of European and Asian countries but it still didn't work out. Well anyway, my point is, don't feel bad about it. I bet my experience at the Embassy (which I won't elaborate here anymore as it's out of topic) was even worse that I even told my fiancé to just move here in the PH because I won't go back to that place anymore as I was so angry at the time. And now here I am, I will soon be going back to the same Embassy with that bad experience with me, haha!

Anyway, good luck on your K1 visa application. I'm sure everything will work out fine this time. Push natin ito, hehe. :D

Keep in touch!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are doing exactly the right thing. The very reason your tourist visa was denied is the very reason you have a strong case for a K-1 - a fiancé in the USA and immigration intent.

To the OP, it doesn't matter whether your fiancé has her interview in Bangkok or Manila. Both embassies (and any other embassy in the world) will see her previous denial. I would not worry about it too much. It's very common for young, single women from Asia to be denied tourist visas when they want to travel alone to the USA. And even more so where a love interest is declared or suspected.

She will need a Thai police certificate so she should arrange this when she leaves the country. If she's going to have her interview in Manila, she will also need to get it translated into English.

Timeline

Hi, Thank you for the information. It will help me a lot.

I will get a police clearance here in Thailand before I go back to the Philippines.

My question is. aside from getting a police clearance here. Do I need to get another paper from here? Just in case.

Thanks?

This is an honest answer. I was really unsure using my fiancé as my reason to travel in the US because my friend said the consular might deny me.

So, I used my aunt and she was very supportive about it.

Yes, I said. I wanna visit my aunt coz I haven't seen her for ages. I will visit her anyway but I'm planning to visit my fiancé too.

Is it gonna affect the F1 visa?

It's a K-1 visa, not an F1 visa. F1 is a student visa.

But this could be a huge problem for you. You applied for a tourist visa to see your aunt and now a few weeks/months later the embassy will be getting a fiancé visa application from you. That was not a smart move to not mention your fiancé. You will most likely be questioned about that at the interview.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

It's a K-1 visa, not an F1 visa. F1 is a student visa.

But this could be a huge problem for you. You applied for a tourist visa to see your aunt and now a few weeks/months later the embassy will be getting a fiancé visa application from you. That was not a smart move to not mention your fiancé. You will most likely be questioned about that at the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.