Londonergirl

Strange rfe.....

29 posts in this topic

As it requests it from both of you i would both write one each, Do you intend to do as advised and also send a copy of birth certificates to prove this?

It can't hurt if I send my birthcertificate right?

Yes I think that's the best if we write one statement each? My fiancé wanted only him to write one for both of us but I am not sure...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had a few RFE's for my AOS some of them were asking for the paperwork that I had already submitted when I initially applied.

They're usually really fast about responding to them and give you lots of time to gather the information you need. :)

Really the only downfall is that it puts your application on hold until you are able to respond.

It's worth it in the end. :)

K1 Visa
08/15/14 - Filed
08/25/14 - Acceptance email sent
08/26/14 - Alien Registration Number changed.
10/17/14 RFE was received
10/23/14 RFE/I-195F mailed back to USCIS
11/05/14 I-129F Petition Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!
12/10/14 U.S. Consulate received case in the mail!!
12/19/14 Submitted DS-160 online form.
01/15/15 Submitted Package 3 Checklist for a request for interview!
01/16/15 Consulate sent me packet to prepare for my interview/medical!
02/20/15 Physical
02/24/15 Visa Interview/APPROVED!!!!!!! (6 months!!)

AOS

05/16/15 - Filed for Adjustment of Status and Work Permit

05/22/15 - Acceptance email sent along with NOA’s mailed.

06/16/15 Biometrics Appointment
1/22/2016: INTERVIEW!!/APPROVED!!!
2/2016: Received GREEN CARD!!! (8 months)

I-751 - ROC

11/1/2016: Filed

11/3/2016: NOA

11/19/2016: NOA 2

12/06/2016 Biometrics Appointment

1/17/2018: Info Pass - Passport Stamped

5/31/2018: Emailed received that GC is being mailed. 

I had a few RFE's for my AOS some of them were asking for the paperwork that I had already submitted when I initially applied.

They're usually really fast about responding to them and give you lots of time to gather the information you need. :)

Really the only downfall is that it puts your application on hold until you are able to respond.

It's worth it in the end. :)

Sure, but that's not my problem atm.

This rfe has nothing to do with our case really as we have never changed our name, there are no document to submit about this.

Second is that my fiancé is deployed overseas atm with no real post office near by etc. Might take a letter 4 weeks to send.

Edited by Londonergirl

Timeline

This rfe has nothing to do with our case really as we have never changed our name, there are no document to submit about this.

Second is that my fiancé is deployed overseas atm with no real post office near by etc. Might take a letter 4 weeks to send.

You could try calling USCIS and get clarity on what they mean. They've been pretty good at helping me understand things.

At the end of the day if there's no change of name then there's nothing really to send them other than a letter stating names have never been changed and perhaps copies of IDs to verify.

Good luck!!! <3

K1 Visa
08/15/14 - Filed
02/20/15 Physical

AOS

I-751 - ROC

You could try calling USCIS and get clarity on what they mean. They've been pretty good at helping me understand things.

At the end of the day if there's no change of name then there's nothing really to send them other than a letter stating names have never been changed and perhaps copies of IDs to verify.

Good luck!!! <3

I have but they just say that they only talk to the petitioner :( So they won't give me any information.

Yes, I think that's what we will do, I just don't know yet if we should send one each or if just he should send one stating that we have never changed name.

We sent copies of our passport last time (I even sent copies of my old expired one) so I don't think that will prove that someone never had a name change.

And on top of that... The person who wrote the rfe has misspelled my fiancés name twice....

Can he write, sign, scan and email you the pdf (including note explaining that he is deployed and therefore the lack of a "wet"' signature)? Others, would this help?

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I would have him send the RFE response digitally to perhaps a family member in the US to mail back. Who received the RFE for him? Have him send the response stating that neither of you have changed names to them, and have them mail it back with the RFE letter. Be sure to have them keep a copy of the RFE letter for his records.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Where does it state that? People can send in scanned copies of the foreign fiance(e)'s G-325A and letters of intent and they are accepted.

If you want to be safe, then have him get his letter notarized, if near a notary, to prove he is the one that signed it. He should also include a note that he is in the military and currently deployed outside the US and is having a family member in the US mail the RFE response for him because he is not near any postal offices, and the mail would take too long from his location.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Where does it state that? People can send in scanned copies of the foreign fiance(e)'s G-325A and letters of intent and they are accepted.

If you want to be safe, then have him get his letter notarized, if near a notary, to prove he is the one that signed it. He should also include a note that he is in the military and currently deployed outside the US and is having a family member in the US mail the RFE response for him because he is not near any postal offices, and the mail would take too long from his location.

But I have read several times that all signatures have to be wet signatures? Can you please please send me a link that it is ok to send a scanned copy?

USCIS already know that he is deployed, we sent the orders with the i129f.

Timeline

But I have read several times that all signatures have to be wet signatures? Can you please please send me a link that it is ok to send a scanned copy?

We sent in a scanned signature for our K1. No eyebrows were raised.

Edited by Michelle13
K1 Visa
08/15/14 - Filed
02/20/15 Physical

AOS

I-751 - ROC

Timeline

There have been many posts about this topic over the years. I have been following posts on this topic for years as well. People have not received RFEs for 'wet' signatures on the letters of intent and G-325A since 2013, at least no one reporting anymore on VJ since then, back when the form and instructions changed. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/596565-copy-or-original-documents/?p=8150440

Thread back in 2014 discussing the wording change of the instructions > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/491361-original-signatures-for-letter-of-intent-and-g-325a/page-2#entry6949811

The many posts are generally about the letter of intent and/or the G-325A, but I don't see why it would not apply to this too, unless the RFE explicitly states they want an original signature on the RFE response. >

Copies. Unless specifically required that an original document be filed with an application or petition, a legible photocopy may be submitted. Original documents submitted when not required may remain a part of the record, and will not be automatically returned to you.

The I-129F form itself needs an original 'wet' signature, but other documents can be copies. It states this in the instructions, so I am not sure why he could not add in the note that is deployed and provide the scanned copies of his RFE response mailed by whomever it is that retrieves his mail for him while he is away. You may have told them he was deployed already, but it won't hurt to do it again. Adjudicators are only human, make mistakes and can overlook things. Hold their hand, point things out to them, and explain well. Plus, how else are you going to respond? Responding however you can is much better than not responding at all.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.