DD1

How is this document list?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All

I sent the application in Nov-2016 to remove the condition Could anyone tell me, how strong is my document list?

Note: We didn't had joint account till Oct-2015 so did not sent it and we are staying with my parents so we don't have lease or utility bills.

The documents list is below:

• Cover Letter
  • Money order of $ 590 (for filing and Bio metric fees).
  • Form I-751.
  • Permanent resident card copy (front and back).
  • Original birth certificate of daughter(Born in Mar-2016).
  • 2015 tax transcript.
  • 2014 tax transcript.
  • Joint checking account Bank1 statements (Apr-2016 to Sep-2016)
  • Joint checking account Bank2 statements (Oct-2015 to Sep-2016, 4 statement from this perisod)
  • Joint credit card account statements and copy of credit cards: (Apr-2016 to Sep-2016)
  • 401k Statements showing spouse as beneficiary (2 quarterly statements Jan to Mar 2016 and Apr to Jun 2016
  • Letter employer (Saying Regarding health insurance coverage as spouse from Jun-2014 to present).
  • Copy of health insurance cards
  • Copy of Health Insurance tax form (MA 1099-HC)
  • Copy of my driving license and spouse's state id showing same address.
  • Original notarized affidavit from uncle (saying they attended marriage and they visit us frequently since my wife came to US)
  • Original notarized affidavit from aunt (saying they attended marriage and they visit us frequently since my wife came to US)
  • Seven Pictures (Showing Baby, Family and us as couple)

Looks average in my opinion. But you could add following.

- Any Travel itineraries, hotel reservation on both names

- POAs medical and durable (financial).

- Emergency contact as each other's job.

- Any joint purchase like car, loans taken etc?

- Joint cell phones provider?

- Common Doctor (we had for ours),

- Any invitation for special occasions like Christmas etc. addressing both of you

- Exchange of greeting cards between you for special occasion like bdays, anniversary etc.

The one with bold font carries more weight. I do not see marriage certificate on your list. I would add them just to be on safe side.

In addition, If I were you, I would explain the living arrangement (staying with your parents) in order to avoid RFEs.

Edited by mycase17

Looks average in my opinion. But you could add following.

- Any Travel itineraries, hotel reservation on both names

- POAs medical and durable (financial).

- Emergency contact as each other's job.

- Any joint purchase like car, loans taken etc?

- Joint cell phones provider?

- Common Doctor (we had for ours),

- Any invitation for special occasions like Christmas etc. addressing both of you

- Exchange of greeting cards between you for special occasion like bdays, anniversary etc.

The one with bold font carries more weight. I do not see marriage certificate on your list. I would add them just to be on safe side.

In addition, If I were you, I would explain the living arrangement (staying with your parents) in order to avoid RFEs.

What is "POAs medical and durable (financial)"

Also try to add documents for the entire period of marriage and not from the day you got your GC. I have seen a lot of REFs being given out if you don't submit docs for entire period of marriage.

I had submitted following if it helps; I got my approval from my VSC last week.

- Power of attorney and Medical Will for wife and husband showing each other as agent.

- Two sworn affidavits by U.S. citizen wife's parents, testifying that the marriage between wife and Husband [Me] was entered into in good faith, is ongoing, and was not entered into to circumvent immigration law.
- A sworn affidavit by U.S. citizen friend, attesting to our relationship and marriage.
- Photographs demonstrating consistent and continuous public affection, attendance, interaction, and identification as a married couple at family functions and in public, over the course of the marriage. [around 50 of them over past 3 years]
- Photocopies of 2012, 2013 and 2014 US tax returns showing filing status as “Married”.
- Photocopies of driver licenses of Husband's and wife's, showing a shared address over the course of the marriage.
- Photocopies of joint apartment lease agreements for 2013,2014 and 2015 showing a joint lease agreements and shared addresses over the course of the marriage.
- Original Letter from current property manager at my building management confirming joint lease agreements and shared addresses since September 2013 at our current apartment building.
- Photocopies of joint apartment utility bills for 2013, 2014 and 2015 showing a joint account and shared addresses over the course of the marriage.
- Photocopies of 3 different Bank account statements for Husband's and wife's, showing Joint account, joint financial obligations and responsibility, over the course of the marriage.
- Photocopies of joint Costco membership credit cards and account statements for Husband's and wife's, showing a joint account usage, shared management and decision making regarding household purchases and expenses, over the course of the marriage.
- Photocopies of Car Financial Services loan account statements for Husband's and wife's, showing Joint loan account and joint ownership our car.
- Photocopies of various health insurance cards showing a joint policy over the course of the marriage.
- Photocopies of Comcast Bills addressed individually to Husband's and wife's showing shared common address.
- Photocopies of cell phone bills addressed to Husband's showing joint cellphone account with wife's over the course of the marriage.
- Original Letter from my employer confirming joint insurance policies for Husband's and wife's, and the designation of beneficiary status to wife's. - Photocopies of various GEICO automobile insurance cards showing a joint automobile insurance policy over the course of the marriage.
- Photocopies of Assurant Renters Insurance policies for 2014 and 2015 showing a joint renters insurance policy.
- Photocopy of County personal property tax-­2015 bill showing joint ownership for our car.
- Photocopies of airline reservations and hotel reservations for our honeymoon vacation that we had in April of 2013.
- Photocopies of airline reservations for international vacation that we had in November-­December of 2014.
- Photocopies of hotel reservations for our vacation that we had in April 2014.
- Photocopies of hotel reservations for our vacation that we had in August 2015.
- Photocopies of hotel reservations for our vacation with husband's family that we had in September 2015.
- Photocopies of US Open-­2014 reservations tickets on husband's name that we visited together along with a picture taken during the event with a friend.
Edited by vk_dream

What did your wife come in on? A K-1 or a CR-1?

If a K-1, USCIS is definitely going to want documentation from the beginning of your marriage onwards.

If a CR-1, USCIS would prefer documentation going back to the beginning of the marriage, but if you don't have it due to living apart, you can explain this to them either at the beginning or if you get an RFE.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

We have CR-1. We have not submitted any documents between marriage and she entered US. What are the chances that we will get RFE?

We already had submitted marriage certificate at the time of CR-1 Visa her Interview. Were we supposed to submit it again with 751?

No need to submit the marriage certificate again.

Send whatever you can for the time you were apart while married. If you really don't have anything then I would mention in your cover letter you lived apart during this time and as a result couldn't co-mingle your finances. For example, my husband's apartment management company wouldn't add me to his lease until I became a permanent resident and his bank wouldn't add me for the same reason. After those two rejections we decided to wait until I moved over to add me to his accounts since that made sense to us anyway. In the end, all I could show for our time apart was a trip I made to visit him about 3 months before the visa was issued.

If you have any proof of trips to see each other during the time apart or maybe some gift receipts for birthdays/holidays? I know that for ROC, USCIS really wants financial evidence but it's just not always possible from inception of marriage as we both know.

I would definitely submit everything from account inception though. Not just the most recent stuff. We submitted every bank statement, every insurance statement, every tax bill (from our city), every tax return transcript where we filed jointly... you get the idea.

ROC from CR-1 visa (Green Card expiration date was Nov 24th 2016)

Link to the evidence I submitted. Be sure to send evidence spanning your entire marriage (especially for K-1) or as far back as you can. Just one or two bank statements will not cut it. I primarily focused on the two years of living here since I came in on a CR-1. If you don't have the fundamentals (i.e. joint accounts/policies), you can explain why in the covering letter. E.g. "While we do not have joint utilities, we both contribute to them from our joint bank account".

September 26th 2016: I-751 package sent to CSC

September 28th 2016: Package delivered
September 30th 2016: Check cashed
October 3rd 2016: NOA1 received with receipt date of 09/28/16
November 3rd 2016: Biometrics received with appointment date of 11/14/16.
November 14th 2016: Attended biometrics appointment
October 30th 2017: Infopass appointment to get I-551 stamp
February 26th 2018: I-751 case number (aka the NOA1 receipt number) becomes trackable
March 14th 2018: Submitted service request due to being outside of processing time.

March 15th 2018: ROC approved. 535 days (1 year, 5 months and 17 days)

March 29th 2018: Card being produced

April 4th 2018: Card mailed out

April 6th 2018: Card in hand. Has incorrect "resident since" date. Submitted service request on I-751 case (typographical error on permanent resident card) and an I-90 online.

April 2018 - August 7th 2018: Tons of service requests, emails and now senator involvement to get my corrected green card back because what the heck, USCIS. Also some time in May I sent a letter to Potomac telling them I want to withdraw my I-90 since CSC were handling it.

August 8th 2018: Card in production thanks to the direct involvement of Senator Sherrod Brown's team

August 13th 2018: Card mailed

August 15th 2018: Card in hand with correct date. :joy:

October 31st 2018: Potomac sends out a notice stating they have closed out my I-90 per my request. Yay for no duplicate card drama.

If we get the RFE then how much time the VSC takes to review the new documents submitted to answer the RFE? Is it same 10-12 month time once again?

it normally takes 1-2 months based on past discussions on this forum after you respond to RFE for VSC. For CSC, I know people who have been approved just after 2-3 weeks after they respond to RFEs.

Anyway, I hope you will be approved without any hassle.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.