12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

HI Members!

Got an RFE for my AOS from K-1 for my husband. I have not yet received the RFE physical letter but I knew when I was checking the status online this morning.

Can you please let me know what are the common RFE or ideas, anybody who had an RFE as well. so that I myself be ready to prep docs once I get home to check the mail.

Praying for EAD/AP combo card to come early but i guess it would stop since rfe came. :(

thanks!

could be a number of things. don't stress yourself and wait for the letter.

things like expired medical, doesn't meet income requirements, proof of marriage

Thanks!

Aside from a Marriage COntract for proof of marriage- what else can I give as a strong evidence? joint account in the bank?

thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks!

Aside from a Marriage COntract for proof of marriage- what else can I give as a strong evidence? joint account in the bank?

thanks!

did you send your marriage certificate?

bank, joint lease, insurance etc is all good

did you send your marriage certificate?

bank, joint lease, insurance etc is all good

1. Bank- I can't do a joint account since PNC and Chase are requiring a green card for his current status in US.

2. Yes, We sent the original certificate of our marriage license.

3. Lease for the apartment- No i missed that one, I may ask our Land Lord to give us a copy.

4. I didn't add him to my health or auto insurance yet because i am under my mom's policy still.

what else can i give? thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

1. Bank- I can't do a joint account since PNC and Chase are requiring a green card for his current status in US.

2. Yes, We sent the original certificate of our marriage license.

3. Lease for the apartment- No i missed that one, I may ask our Land Lord to give us a copy.

4. I didn't add him to my health or auto insurance yet because i am under my mom's policy still.

what else can i give? thanks!

It's not RFE for evidence like that it is not required to send that with the package except the mariage certificate.

Maybe for the income stuff, medical but it can also be as simple as something you forgot you mark off.

It's not RFE for evidence like that it is not required to send that with the package except the mariage certificate.

Maybe for the income stuff, medical but it can also be as simple as something you forgot you mark off.

got it.

I will try to gather documents as soon as I can just in preparation for what they need. =)

thanks anyway.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

got it.

I will try to gather documents as soon as I can just in preparation for what they need. =)

thanks anyway.

My advise would be to just wait for the papaer to come.

Doing documents preparation for something you have no idea about is a waste of time but even worse a big stress factor to put on yourself.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I had the exact same question but didn't have time to ask until this morning. I keep trying to guess what our RFE is about too. Georgia16's advice to wait for the letter to arrive is the best and all we can do at this point. I know it's nerve wracking not knowing. I'm sure once our letter arrives I'll be back to ask question in a new thread.

Good luck!

My wife received her EAD about 2 weeks prior to receiving an RFE. Ours was for proof of relationship, and a missing vaccination from our daughter's medical (wasn't properly marked). Pretty sure the one for proof of relationship was because we waited several years to file the paperwork.

Check our Timeline

Did they send initial or additional?

01/13/2016: I-129F filed  07/15/2016: K-1 visa in hand
10/13/2016: Filed AOS + EAD/AP.   07/07/2017: Permanent resident (Conditional)
04/16/2019: Filed ROC  11/17/2020: Approved. (10 yr GC)

Naturalization                                                        
09/02/2020: Filed (Online)    09/08/2020: NOA1: (NBC
10/22/2020: Biometrics Reuse Notice.  12/22/2020: Online Status Changed to Interview Was Scheduled.  
01/29/2021: N-400 Interview - PASSED! 01/29/2021: Same-day oath ceremony.  

'Merica. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.