Jacque67

Trump bashes "Nightly News": "Just can't get much worse"

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Donald Trump lashed out at NBC Nightly News on Sunday night after they put him on blast for not taking daily intelligence briefings and his blatant dismissal of the CIAs findings of Russian interference in the US election.

Just watched @NBCNightlyNews So biased, inaccurate and bad, point after point. Just cant get much worse, although @CNN is right up there! the President-elect tweeted.

Earlier in the evening, NBCs Kate Snow described how Trump had angered intelligence officials after he went on Fox News Sunday and denounced the CIAs findings.

I think its ridiculous, I think its just another excuse, Trump said. I dont believe itThey have no idea if its Russia or China or somebody. It could be somebody sitting in a bed someplace.

Snow also noted how the real-estate mogul drew the ire of agency officials by admitting that hes not too keen on getting intel briefings.

I get it when I need it, Trump said. I dont have to be toldyou know, Im like a smart person. I dont have to be told the same thing in the same words every single day for the next eight years I dont need that. But I do say if something should change, let us know.

In response to the Fox News Sunday interview, a US official told Reuters that many within the intelligence community were disgusted by the billionaires behavior.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/12/trump-bashes-nightly-news-just-cant-get-much-worse/

Such a smart person!!!! Unhinged.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Umm...he is being manipulated by the news.

He isn't taking daily intelligence briefings. He isn't accessing privileged information first hand.

He thinks he's smart - Kruger-Dunning effect.

The realityshow PEOTUS . Making a mockery of America .

Edited by Jacque67

Filed: Timeline

He isn't taking daily intelligence briefings. He isn't accessing privileged information first hand.

There is a new Sheriff in town, We no longer have and Idiot wimp pro muslim sympatherizer running the country, He is on his last month.

Sit back and watch a Man run the whitehouse, Time for the little boy to go back to being a community organizer.

There is a new Sheriff in town, We no longer have and Idiot wimp pro muslim sympatherizer running the country, He is on his last month.

Sit back and watch a Man run the whitehouse, Time for the little boy to go back to being a community organizer.

oh there's gonna be some community organizing that's for sure. comprised mainly of reasonable americans who know the difference between the position of sheriff and potus; the difference between 'wimp pro muslim sympatherizer' and 'i'm like, smart n stuff, have some more koolaid"

We see the Dunning-Kruger effect in play in this very thread, Jacque.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just watched @NBCNightlyNews So biased, inaccurate and bad, point after point. Just cant get much worse, although @CNN is right up there! the President-elect tweeted.

He is exactly right. You get more accurate news from the national Enquirer. I hope he calls them what they are….fake news…and bans both from the press pool. There is no need to tolerate that garbage.

He is exactly right. You get more accurate news from the national Enquirer. I hope he calls them what they are….fake news…and bans both from the press pool. There is no need to tolerate that garbage.

this ya'll. murica 2016.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Alpha Male or Beta Bully? The next 90 days will show us.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

As far as intelligence briefings go, I don't see a problem with not listening to the exact same thing day after day. He let them know that if anything was to change, he's available. So if there is anything new to add to the briefing of the day before, or any change, he still receives it. But if they are just going to meet with him to say the exact same thing, why bother? I know I sure wouldn't wanna sit there day after day for a week listening to the same words I heard just yesterday. Much better things to do with your time, especially as president elect.

Edited by OriZ
09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

As far as intelligence briefings go, I don't see a problem with not listening to the exact same thing day after day. He let them know that if anything was to change, he's available. So if there is anything new to add to the briefing of the day before, or any change, he still receives it. But if they are just going to meet with him to say the exact same thing, why bother? I know I sure wouldn't wanna sit there day after day for a week listening to the same words I heard just yesterday. Much better things to do with your time, especially as president elect.

Exactly. I can remember as a company commander going to all those boring briefings everyday. S!,S2,S3,S4 all had to stand up up there and justify their existence. the sun will rise at this time, it will set at this time, totally redundant info that could have been sent in a letter delivered and saved commanders a lot of time.

One of the first things I did as plant manager was go to a weekly meeting instead of daily. If I needed to reschedule something I just went and saw that person.

The main thing all the MDL left forgets is Obama has been doing the same exact thing.

I am sure most of the Intel briefing is standard daily stuff that some policy wonk, just loves to put together. I agree for the POTUS, send me the highlights by courier and call me if anything changes

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Exactly. I can remember as a company commander going to all those boring briefings everyday. S!,S2,S3,S4 all had to stand up up there and justify their existence. the sun will rise at this time, it will set at this time, totally redundant info that could have been sent in a letter delivered and saved commanders a lot of time.

One of the first things I did as plant manager was go to a weekly meeting instead of daily. If I needed to reschedule something I just went and saw that person.

The main thing all the MDL left forgets is Obama has been doing the same exact thing.

I am sure most of the Intel briefing is standard daily stuff that some policy wonk, just loves to put together. I agree for the POTUS, send me the highlights by courier and call me if anything changes

Ohhh yeah I hear ya. I hate briefings, always have. They are so useless and unnecessary a huge chunk of the time. Military or previous places I've worked...all the same. Like, don't waste my time, I've got better things to do, I'm intelligent enough that I don't need to hear the same blabber coming out of your mouth to know what I'm doing.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

Ohhh yeah I hear ya. I hate briefings, always have. They are so useless and unnecessary a huge chunk of the time. Military or previous places I've worked...all the same. Like, don't waste my time, I've got better things to do, I'm intelligent enough that I don't need to hear the same blabber coming out of your mouth to know what I'm doing.

Nothing more dangerous and amusing than a Lieutenant with a flip chart and an audience of Field grade officers.