mehk

How strong is this documents list for I-751

14 posts in this topic

Hello All

I send the application on 12/07/2016 to remove the condition for my wife and green card will expire on 12/22/2016 but the already received the package and cashed the check too. I am worried about my documentation. Could anyone tell me, how strong is my document list?

The sending documents list is below:

· Cover Letter

· Application and biometric fee: in the amount of check: $590.00

· I-751 Application

· Copy of Permanent resident card front and back

· Copy of our joint apartment leasing document (October 31 2015 to May 02 2016)

· Copy of our joint apartment leasing document (May 03 2016 to May 08 2017)

· Copy of our joint tax return transcript of 2014

· Copy of our joint tax return transcript of 2015

· Copy of our renter insurance (October 31 2015 to October 31 2016)

· Copy of our renter insurance (October 31 2016 to October 31 2017)

· Copy of our joint health insurance Card which is showing the same insurance policy.

· Copy of our recent joint bank statement which has showing all the transaction i.e. rent, utilities, credit card, vehicle loan etc.

· Copy of our joint vehicle insurance policy.

· Copy of our joint vehicle loan payment coupon.

· Copy of our utilities bills (one is joint, one is her name and one is my name) (Energy, Gas and Internet)

· Affidavit of bona fide marriage (one from my ex roommate and another from my friend)

· 11 count of photo since her arrival at the airport

Thanks

You have a nice variety of evidence but the timeframe is not good enough. As the previous poster said, one bank statement is not sufficient. You should have sent several bank statements from the time you got married to the time you filed this month. Similarly, several of your evidences (lease, insurance etc) are covering one year but not the previous year or the year you got married. It is likely you will get an RFE at some point. Once you get the RFE, you will be given a chance to include more evidence that will cover the missing timeframe since you got married. The good news is you filed in CSC which is a little faster in their processing so you should hear from them in a few months.

~Moved from AOS from Family to Removing Conditions since OP is now at this stage~

VJ Moderation

Well, She came to the USA through CR1 (Spouse Visa) so, I don't think I should have the evidence since the married year. I have only joint tax account and tax return transcript for 2014. She came to the USA at the end of 2014 so I could not make any joint evidence for the year of 2014. I was sharing an apartment with friends till October 2015 so no lease contract under our name, and i guess it will be a problem. I had been using a credit card for daily expenses, but when we leased the apartment after that i start using our checking account for apartment rent and electricity bill but since last three months i have been using our joint account for any major bill pay like rent, utilities, car loan etc,that's why I send the recent bank statement. What you guys think, does it considerable to avoid the REF and interview ?

Edited by mehk

End of 2014 up until now is 2 years which was ample time to prepare for joint evidence. Regardless of what anyone thinks, the instructions clearly state that USCIS likes to see evidence from the date of marriage to the time of filing (Refer to I-751 instructions, page 5 under Evidence of the Relationship). Here are a few things you could have done; explained in your cover letter about your living situation just as you described to us here and which is why you couldn't produce a lease for that timeframe, you could have added your wife as an authorized user to the credit card when she got here and you could have included more bank statements instead of just the last one. USCIS cannot know why there is a gap of evidence between end of 2014 to end of 2015 so in order to understand this gap, they are likely to issue an RFE so you can explain your situation. I'm not trying to scare you and there is no reason to be scared since USCIS gives applicants a chance to explain with more evidence via the RFE or (to a lesser extent) an interview. But also be aware of the shortcomings and don't be in denial that "you don't think you should have the evidence since the married year" when the instructions state otherwise. Good luck to you and don't worry too much. You'll hear from them in a few months.

Edited by CookieCat

I have no evidence from 2013-2014 either (also CR-1) apart from a trip I took to visit my husband during the CR-1 process. If I get an RFE I'm planning to explain I was out of the country waiting for them to give me a visa.

We did try to add me to the lease and bank accounts but they wouldn't do it. If that's a deportable offense then I'll leave.

I have no evidence from 2013-2014 either (also CR-1) apart from a trip I took to visit my husband during the CR-1 process. If I get an RFE I'm planning to explain I was out of the country waiting for them to give me a visa.

We did try to add me to the lease and bank accounts but they wouldn't do it. If that's a deportable offense then I'll leave.

No-one said it was a deportable offence.... IF you receive an RFE its simply a chance for you to send additional documents or a letter explaining your circumstances. I think you are jumping the gun here!

No-one said it was a deportable offence.... IF you receive an RFE its simply a chance for you to send additional documents or a letter explaining your circumstances. I think you are jumping the gun here!

Probably :) I don't think it'll be an issue. I just get frustrated seeing people insisting we must have evidence from date of marriage. It's not always possible.

Probably :) I don't think it'll be an issue. I just get frustrated seeing people insisting we must have evidence from date of marriage. It's not always possible.

ROC rarely results in someone being denied... I have been waiting nearly 13 months since I applied for my ROC and not heard a thing back from them.... to be honest an RFE would be a relief.... at least I would know they are working on my case file! :rofl:

Nobody insisted anything, that's your reaction to it. OP asked if their list was strong. Would you rather I lied to please him or people who don't have a strong list of evidence? This website is to give constructive advice, not to please others. It's up to you to use the answers given in stride and prepare for the future. Also Queen is right, nobody said it is a deportable offense.

People insisting ? USCIS wants to see financial co mingling from inception of marriage and I have seen many RFE's using the

"from inception of marriage" lingo.

If possible of course and if it was not possible while still in the foreign country, then explain why it was not if you are RFE'd for it.

One recent bank statement is not sufficient.

5 hours ago, mehk said:

Hello Everyone,

After a long wait, The I-751 is approved and received the Green Card today (05-28-2018). I did not receive the Ref as well as Interview too.

Thanks and good luck for everybody.

Congratulations! How long did it take for it to get approved? Did you move address while the process was in action?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.