13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone knows how long it usually takes before the CEAS site updates to say it is being processed (after your interview)

Also, Even though they say at the end of the interview it is approved, is there still a chance you can get something from them to say they require more information or anything like that?

I was just reading different peoples posts and i do read things that i didn't think were possible, like the on i have just mentioned above.

I also read that people are collecting their passports but I thought i had read that you could not collect your passport and this had to be delivered. :unsure:

I don't know i get really confused the more i read.

Either way they said at the embassy my visa was approved and i could expect to receive it within a couple of weeks.

Just wanting to check those things i have mentioned already.

Thanks

PS - This would be London! :)

After they say "approved" the info gets sent back electronically to the US. There you may or may not be pulled for additional "Administrated processing". This is random (in most cases) and rare (for western European countries) but it is possible.

From there on there are more systems you go through until the embassy gets the message to print the visa.

It can take several days and you will see the dreaded "administrative processing" in there at least one time. DO NOT PANIC ON THIS ONE!! :)

Edited by Fr8dog

Timeline

See they don't even advise this at the embassy that there is a chance you may have something else they want. Ugh

I'm guessing now I have to keep checking my emails and the status on the website.at the moment it still says ready for interview even though I have been. I understand it won't be that quick to change but I have no idea what I can expect it to say.

I was two days before you at London.

Mine is IR-1 but it went like this:

Tuesday - interview

Wednesday - administrative processing

Thursday - issued

Just waiting for email from courier now.

London no longer allows collection but other embassies do.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

Oh I wonder why mine hasn't even changed from saying I need an interview then

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about but I'm a worrier so... just wait and see I suppose lol

Hopefully yours will arrive with you soon :)

*~*~*enquiry about case status moved from "process and procedures" to "progress reports"*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

I checked the status again this morning and it still says:

Ready

Case creation date (it was in august can't remember the exact day it said)

Updated on 9th December (which was the day after my interview

It was still saying about it was ready for me to book an interview and to get my documents ready if i had already scheduled it.

Now it is saying something different but still saying ready... I don't know if the ready status ever changed as i didn't check it every 5 minutes.

This is what it says now...

Any ideas on whats going on with it? I will obviously do as it says and check it in two business days as i know my interview was on a Thursday afternoon so it has only been almost 2 full business days...

I will just keep an eye on my emails and wait for it to turn up if i do not hear anything from them, I am just wondering out of curiosity more than anything to be honest

Case Creation Date: 12-Dec-2016 Status Updated Date: 12-Dec-2016
Your case is open and ready for your interview, fingerprints, and required documents. If you have already had your interview, please check your status after two business days. If no interview was required, please check back in two business days for the status of your application.

Timeline

Thanks, Does anyone know how long it takes before you receive an email to say when it will be delivered?

I don't want to call them or DX and bother them if it can take a week or two to even receive the email to say its out for delivery.

Timeline

Just an update in case anyone reads this.

Had my interview on 8/12/16

Status changed to issues on 13/12/16

Email received to confirm delivery date on: 15/12/16

Delivery scheduled for 16/12/16

Now to wait and see if it turns up :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.