Gnormous9

Filed I-130 for spouse nearly a month ago - my receipt number still invalid

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I'm hoping I'm not already running into issues this early in the process, but I have already received the I-797 on Nov 18th. It says to allow 7-10 business days before using the receipt number to check the status online. To this day, the receipt number is still invalid. When I called the 800 number, the representative told me it could take 45 days and that she didn't see any record for my receipt number. I have a suspicion that she was only trying to get me off the phone.

If this is a common question, I apologize. I went back a few pages and didn't see anyone having the same issue. Let me know if I'm just being too impatient.

I couldn't check my status online until a few weeks after my biometrics appointment and it immediately said "ready for interview". So I'd say it's pretty common. The online system doesn't work all that well, I suspect.

Just keep an eye out for her biometrics notice in the mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The online system sucks....Also the holiday season is upon us.....Be patient things will work out :)

CR-1 Visa

USCIS

7/27/15 Sent I-130 package to Chicago Lock box

7/29/15 NOA1, TSC

10/7/15 Entered USA for three weeks to close escrow and pack house

12/5/15 Entered USA for 90 days to visit

12/7/15 I-130 approved,NOA2

NVC

12/23/15 NVC received package

1/5/2016 Called NVC

1/7/2016 Called NVC, assigned case # and IIN #

1/7/2016 Assigned choice of agent

1/7/2016 Paid AOS fees

1/21/2016 Paid packet IV fees

2/20/2016 Filed DS-260

3/30/2016 Sent NVC package

4/5/2016 NVC received package

5/5/2016 Email from NVC...case complete with interview date 6/17

6/10/2016 Medical

6/17/2016 Interview - Approved :)

Filed: Other Country: Indonesia
Timeline

:time:

What are you applying for or from? What website are you using to enter the receipt number?

I just added info to my timeline up to where I am in the process. Thanks for pointing it out.

I'm just going to the uscis.gov website and entering my receipt number that's on the NOA1 into the "check my status" page. It's been more than the 7-10 business days that the notice suggests and am just wondering if it's a sign for concern.

I'm a natural born US citizen and my wife is Indonesian. We just married in September in Indonesia, so along with the I-130, I also sent the G-325a (biographical info) forms for both of us, along with photos, a letter of our story and plans, and a lot of other birth and marriage documents.

She's never been to the US, if that helps.

Once I received the receipt number, I checked the service center timeline. It told me 5 months and it was actually correct (give or take a few days). No worries.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.