jill_rudy

FATHER'S CONSENT FOR K2 (merged)

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi.. I just wanna ask if a FATHER WRITTEN CONSENT is needed for K2 visa?

I'm a single mom, never been married, my kid is 8 years old now.. My son has his father's surname hence, Philippine law allows the child to use the father'S SURNAME even if the parents are not married.

My concern is right now I'm waiting for my interview in Phil embassy. . I just want to know if the embassy would require a Father'S Consent Letter for my son'S K2 visa application? Your answer will b highly appreciated..thanks. God bless

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

This is country specific but in the Philippines no, it is not normally needed.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

PHL is one of the few countries where a father's consent is not required for immigration.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

I'm a single mom, never been married, my kid is 8 years old now.. My son has his father's surname hence, Philippine law allows the child to use the father'S SURNAME even if the parents are not married.

My concern is right now I'm waiting for my interview in Phil embassy. . I just want to know if the embassy would require a Father'S Consent Letter for my son'S K2 visa application? Your answer will b highly appreciated..thanks. God bless

Timeline

Timeline

The embassy does not care one way or another as long as it is YOUR birth child.

The Philippine Immigrations are the one that matters. However as long as there are no current custody issues going on there in the Philippine courts regarding your child then there should be no issue.

Do you have any contact with the father or does your child? If not then I would recommend you not contacting him as there have been cases where the father will try to extort money from you and your Kano BF in order not to make a fuss although not much he can do as I said unless there is already a court case.

I'll try to post a link

I brought my ex and her son here from PI with no problems and nothing needed from the pinoy birth father.

Jim

Edited by JimJesDuma

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

~~removed 2 unanswered duplicate topics in other forums. Requested one answered topic to be merged. please do not post more than once on a subject~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Three identical threads merged. You had your question answered this morning there was no need to make 4 additional threads. Posting multiple threads for the same question is considered spamming and put your account at risk.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so sorry for the redundant post. I'm trying to delete it now.

The extra's were removed and the ones with replies are merged to this one.

I'm going to move your thread to the Regional forum to keep further answers more accurate.

~~Moved to the Philippines forum from K1 P&P~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.