32 posts in this topic

Check both kinds, and get whichever is cheaper.

Note: if you get a round-trip ticket, be sure to call the airline once you arrive in the U.S. and cancel the return portion of the ticket.

(I've read that some people have had issues with their name being on flight manifestos even after they don't check in/show up for the return flight, which leads USCIS to think they've left the country during AOS when they haven't.)

Note: if you get a round-trip ticket, be sure to call the airline once you arrive in the U.S. and cancel the return portion of the ticket.

(I've read that some people have had issues with their name being on flight manifestos even after they don't check in/show up for the return flight, which leads USCIS to think they've left the country during AOS when they haven't.)

This. I've heard this also. I think for peace of mind I'll be booking a one way ticket, even if I have to pay a couple hundred extra. I can't imagine explaining to USCIS that you weren't actually on the return flight is an easy discussion

This. I've heard this also. I think for peace of mind I'll be booking a one way ticket, even if I have to pay a couple hundred extra. I can't imagine explaining to USCIS that you weren't actually on the return flight is an easy discussion

That is only really a relevant issue for K1/K2 visa holders who are subject to the AOS process and can't leave before they have a travel permit to return on. I "solved" this by booking the return ticket so far out that my AP would already be approved.

That is only really a relevant issue for K1/K2 visa holders who are subject to the AOS process and can't leave before they have a travel permit to return on. I "solved" this by booking the return ticket so far out that my AP would already be approved.

Ah! That is a good idea!

its depend on the price because sometime the return is cheaper and besides airline can not put you on a manifest without boarding and final check in...if you didnt use your return ticket it will be automatically canceled....

Will there be any issues leaving Nigeria with a one way ticket? The ticket seller seemed to think there would be, or maybe they just wanted more moneythere

there wont be a problem leaving Nigeria with a one way ticket, a vj member recently used a one way ticket on Royal Air Maroc to JFK and he has no problem .so you are good to go

Will there be any issues leaving Nigeria with a one way ticket? The ticket seller seemed to think there would be, or maybe they just wanted more money.

No ypu are immigrating. And Nigeria could careless. Do what fits for you. We went one way. Much cheaper.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.