Gjch23

Admission of drug use at SLEC Med Exam

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm a beneficiary for K1 visa. I just had my medical exam this morning. All was well until I admitted that I used marijuana in 2014. The doctor didn't ask any other information. She just pulled out a sheet of paper and wrote something down on it. Eventually, I learned that it was a referral for a personality evaluation. At first, I wasn't worried cause I didn't think it was a big deal since I've done it 2 years ago in Washington (where marijuana is legal), and I never did it again cause I didn't like the effect on me. It was all just out of curiosity.

When I told my fiancé, he looked stuff up and said that this is serious and a lot of people got ban because of admission to use of drugs even if they just tried it once too.

I am very scared, anxious and emotional because we thought we were almost there, close to being finally together. And this suddenly happened. ?

I just wanted to be completely honest to avoid future problems. But I feel like I made a mistake.

Can anyone who had the same experience please give me tips about the personality evaluation? Do I still have a chance to be approved and travel to my fiancé in January 2017 (our target date)?

My Personality Eval will be on December 16th ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm a beneficiary for K1 visa. I just had my medical exam this morning. All was well until I admitted that I used marijuana in 2014. The doctor didn't ask any other information. She just pulled out a sheet of paper and wrote something down on it. Eventually, I learned that it was a referral for a personality evaluation. At first, I wasn't worried cause I didn't think it was a big deal since I've done it 2 years ago in Washington (where marijuana is legal), and I never did it again cause I didn't like the effect on me. It was all just out of curiosity.

When I told my fiancé, he looked stuff up and said that this is serious and a lot of people got ban because of admission to use of drugs even if they just tried it once too.

I am very scared, anxious and emotional because we thought we were almost there, close to being finally together. And this suddenly happened. ?

I just wanted to be completely honest to avoid future problems. But I feel like I made a mistake.

Can anyone who had the same experience please give me tips about the personality evaluation? Do I still have a chance to be approved and travel to my fiancé in January 2017 (our target date)?

My advice, next time just say NO.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Country-specific thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Philippines regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rule # 1 never lie... so yes that other advice is bad. ;)

As for the evaluation, it is not as major as your fiance may have read, I know at least a half dozen over the past couple years that did as you did. None got banned, all are in the USA today. Be honest during the evaluation, state as you stated here - it was a one time thing you never did it again. You should have no issues. :thumbs:

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline

Rule # 1 never lie... so yes that other advice is bad. ;)

As for the evaluation, it is not as major as your fiance may have read, I know at least a half dozen over the past couple years that did as you did. None got banned, all are in the USA today. Be honest during the evaluation, state as you stated here - it was a one time thing you never did it again. You should have no issues. :thumbs:

Thank you so much! It kinda makes me feel at ease. It's just really bugging me. And it's going to be a torture since I have to wait for 9 more days. ? what are the chances that I can be denied? Just thinking and preparing for the worst case scenario..

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi what was the update on you admitting? My fiance admitted and now were worried by reading all the scary stuff. Please enlighten experience :(

K1 Visa | MNL - SFO

May 29, 2005 = Together since ❤️

April 24, 2016 = Engaged (11 years later)

September 3, 2016 = Mailed USPS to Lewisville, TX

September 6, 2016 = Delivered to Lewisville, TX

September 9, 2016 = Processed I129F payment

September 9, 2016 = NOA1 Received Email/Text, Case sent to CSC

September 15, 2016 = NOA1 Hard copy in mail

October 18, 2016 = USCIS case status Approved

November 14, 2016 = NVC Case Number (via phone)

November 18, 2016 = CEAC Status "READY" US Embassy Manila

December 22 & 28, 2016 = Eligibility Letter via Email

January 10, 2017     = Medical Exam

January 23-25, 2017 = Sputum Test

March 27, 2017    = Culture Results

March 15, 2017    = Psychiatric Evaluation

April 24, 2017       = Appointment Interview

May 1, 2017         = Visa on Hand (Status "Approved" April 27 or 28)

May 3, 2017         = CFO

May 11, 2017       = Arrival in the US

June 20, 2017      = Married!!!

Adjustment of Status | SF

August 11, 2017   = Sent out to Chicago PO Box

August 14, 2017   = Arrived at Chicago PO Box

August 15, 2017   = Case was received status

August 17, 2017   = 3 Email/Text notifications - Case sent to NBC

August 21, 2017   = NOA1 in mail for all 3

September 1, 2017 = Received Biometrics appt letter

September 15, 2017 = Biometrics DONE

October 17, 2017    = Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

November 2, 2017  = EAD/AP New Card Being Produced

November 6, 2017   = Hardcopy letter Approval notices of EAD/AP in mail

November 7, 2017   = Card was Mailed to me

November 10, 2017  =Combo Card received.

Renewed combo card = July 10, 2018 (No response)

Ready to be scheduled= January 18, 2019

Email of notification = January 24, 2019

Interview Schedule   = February 25, 2019

New Card Being Produced = February 26, 2019

Green Card                 = March 2, 2019

Timeline
On 12/6/2016 at 6:58 PM, Gjch23 said:

.. just saying NO is for sure bad advice, I agree with you on that.

Now to calm your worries, I know at least a half dozen in the past couple years that said YES and they are all in the USA today, enjoying life.

You will have to complete the personal evaluation (obviously), this will delay getting your medical completed until that is done, just answer honestly stating what you said here... it is more of a formality than a worry. ;)    I know of no one that was denied (or banned) and most smoked grass in the Phils... not in a state were it was actually legal.  

Timeline
2 hours ago, ceeq said:

Hi what was the update on you admitting? My fiance admitted and now were worried by reading all the scary stuff. Please enlighten experience :(

53 minutes ago, Sagot said:

.. just saying NO is for sure bad advice, I agree with you on that.

Now to calm your worries, I know at least a half dozen in the past couple years that said YES and they are all in the USA today, enjoying life.

You will have to complete the personal evaluation (obviously), this will delay getting your medical completed until that is done, just answer honestly stating what you said here... it is more of a formality than a worry. ;)    I know of no one that was denied (or banned) and most smoked grass in the Phils... not in a state were it was actually legal.  

HELLO GUYS!!!

i haven't updated this post and I just want to say that I already have my visa in hand! I got it just this January 4th. Let me give you my timeline:

Dec 6 - medical admitted drug use and scheduled for psych eval

Dec 16 - came back for the psych eval, got my vaccinations and finished med exam. They didnt Give me the results. They said they were going to be the one to forward it to the USEm

Dec 19 - USEm interview. Everything went well except that the med results weren't received yet so I had to wait

Dec 21 - ceac status: Ready

Dec 27 - ceac status: AP in the morning, ISSUED in the afternoon

Jan 3 - got the text from 2go

Jan 4 - picked up the visa!!!

my only advice is to be confident and be honest. I admitted a ONE time try, nothing more. I never tried nor will ever try again in the future (which is the truth). It was just all out of curiosity.

I was worried that they would ask me about it in the USEm interview but they didn't have the chance cause they haven't received the files yet. So they had no idea and just told me we'll just have to wait and then process it.

I originally set my interview appointment on Dec 19 thinking that I would be done with the medical by Dec 7th but was delayed because of the psych eval. 

Everything will be fine as long as its a one time try and was done years I go... (for me it did ?)

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Gjch23 said:

HELLO GUYS!!!

i haven't updated this post and I just want to say that I already have my visa in hand! I got it just this January 4th. Let me give you my timeline:

Dec 6 - medical admitted drug use and scheduled for psych eval

Dec 16 - came back for the psych eval, got my vaccinations and finished med exam. They didnt Give me the results. They said they were going to be the one to forward it to the USEm

Dec 19 - USEm interview. Everything went well except that the med results weren't received yet so I had to wait

Dec 21 - ceac status: Ready

Dec 27 - ceac status: AP in the morning, ISSUED in the afternoon

Jan 3 - got the text from 2go

Jan 4 - picked up the visa!!!

my only advice is to be confident and be honest. I admitted a ONE time try, nothing more. I never tried nor will ever try again in the future (which is the truth). It was just all out of curiosity.

I was worried that they would ask me about it in the USEm interview but they didn't have the chance cause they haven't received the files yet. So they had no idea and just told me we'll just have to wait and then process it.

I originally set my interview appointment on Dec 19 thinking that I would be done with the medical by Dec 7th but was delayed because of the psych eval. 

Everything will be fine as long as its a one time try and was done years I go... (for me it did ?)

Congrats!   

Do you have your CFO handled?

Just an FYI.. .the embassy saw a digital copy of your medical file ;)    But they do nothing until they receive the physical file from SLEC.

Timeline
7 hours ago, Sagot said:

Congrats!   

Just an FYI.. .the embassy saw a digital copy of your medical file ;)    But they do nothing until they receive the physical file from SLEC.

I see! So I guess they just really let it slide. 

Thank you!

I haven't looked into the CFO yet cause I'm not going to be leaving until like March or April. But I would gladly listen to any of your suggestions or tips of what I have to keep in mind ☺️

Timeline
7 hours ago, Sagot said:

Congrats!   

I see! So I guess they just really let it slide. 

Thank you!

I haven't looked into the CFO yet cause I'm not going to be leaving until like March or April. But I would gladly listen to any of your suggestions or tips of what I have to keep in mind ☺️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.