Jesse&Saida

Background check

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

No.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and

neglect, dating violence, elder abuse or stalking? (Please

refer to Page 3 of the instructions for the full definition of

the term "domestic violence").

2.a.

Homicide, murder, manslaughter, rape, abusive sexual

contact, sexual exploitation, incest, torture, trafficking,

peonage, holding hostage, involuntary servitude, slave

trade, kidnapping, abduction, unlawful criminal restraint,

false imprisonment or an attempt to commit any of these

crimes?

2.b.

Three or more convictions for crimes relating to a controlled

substance or alcohol not arising from a single act?

I think most of the above are greater than misdemeanours. Petty theft, trespassing or motor violations (tickets) would be an issue.

You should be fine. Just fill out the I-129F truthfully the above are questions from the form itself

Jim

Edited by JimJesDuma

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Ok. Thank you. I do have 3 dwi from when i was a dumb teenager and a domestic battery. The dwis are off my driving record now. They are all misdemeaners. The domestic battery was from when i was 17 or 18 i believe. And Jim you referred me to page three. Where do i find this page?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yeah we are all dumb teenagers at one point..haha

what age bracket are you know?

I ask because did this just happens 2 years ago and you are 20 or 21 now? It could make a difference.

The page I referred you to is the Form I-129F which is the fiance petition K-1 that is the first form you have to fill out and send to USCIS

www.uscis.gov -

Jim

10/29/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/31/16....Delivered at Dallas Lock Box - per USPS

11/02/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
11/03/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
11/07/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received

xx/xx/xx....NOA2 Text and Email

Filed: Timeline

yeah we are all dumb teenagers at one point..haha

what age bracket are you know?

I ask because did this just happens 2 years ago and you are 20 or 21 now? It could make a difference.

The page I referred you to is the Form I-129F which is the fiance petition K-1 that is the first form you have to fill out and send to USCIS

www.uscis.gov -

Jim

there is no "2 year" or any time requirement for convictions under IMBRA. I believe you are getting confused with the 2yr filing limitation under IMBRA. Totally different then the conviction reporting requirement for which there is NONE- all convictions must be reported no matter when they occurred/sealed/otherwise told cleared-invisible.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.