Itsabouttime

What is chance of getting my wife a tourist visa if not doing AOS in USA

73 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The ones I know about who were able to get tourist visas, They got married in Phiippines did the marriage visa and once the Philippines wife recieved the Greencard, they went to US embassy and turned in the GC.

This showed she had no intention of trying to stay in USA, and they were granted Tourist Visa.

I would say in your case you have a very uphill battle.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Best we can do is tell the truth and explain our situation. Advanced parole is an option for her but my/our domicile will remain in the Philippines. Either way we will of gotten married in my home state of Texas under laws I understand, and she met my family. :-)

Best we can do is tell the truth and explain our situation. Advanced parole is an option for her but my/our domicile will remain in the Philippines. Either way we will of gotten married in my home state of Texas under laws I understand, and she met my family. :-)

Is there a reason you didn't do the DCF?

Timeline

I was in the USA with my family after my father passed and filed there even though I could of filed here in Philippines upon my return. Matter of timing and conveinance.

Is there a reason you didn't do the DCF?

No DCF for K1 and OP is not immigrating just using K1 to get married stateside.

2013/05/03 Married

2013 CFO seminar to change name

2013 Passport issued in married name

USCIS

2015/06/27 Sent I-130

2015/06/29 Priority Date

2015/0701 NOA1

2015/08/05 NOA2

NVC

2015/08/17 Package received at NVC

2015/08/26 Received DS-261/AOS bill

2015/08/29 Sent AOS/IV

2015/08/31 AOS/IV scan date

2015/09/01 DS-260 submitted

2015/09/21 3 n/a (CC)

2015/09/28 Receive confirmation email of CC waiting interview date

2015/10/01 Interview date scheduled (P4)

Manila Embassy

2015/10/12 SLEC Medical, required to get doctor certificate and return the 30th.

2015/10/19 Went to hospital to get the doctors certificate for SLEC

2015/10/30 Appointment with doctor at SLEC for evaluation

2015/11/03 Completed medical

2015/11/05 Interview scheduled - APPROVED

2015/11/06 CEAC changed to issued

2015/11/11 Passport and visa delivered

2015/11/12 Passport stamped at CFO

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

K1 requires US domicile etc.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I was in the USA with my family after my father passed and filed there even though I could of filed here in Philippines upon my return. Matter of timing and conveinance.

It would of been a heck of lot faster and probably cheaper doing DCF, from what I know about it.

Timeline

If he was married, DCF would be the way to go.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Due to my fiance's aging grandparents health here in the Philippines, and my elderly mom's health in the USA we both need the ability to travel to see our respective families. After marriage in the USA we will return to the Philippines. I would like my then wife to apply for a tourist visa so she can fly anytime to the USA with me.

Does she have a good shot at being approved since she had shown she will return and I hold an indefinite retirement visa in the Philippines. We will have our interview (January 2017) after her DOTS program is finished next week.

My fiance also has a daughter in the Philippines and a tourist visa was denied in 2014.

Thx in advance.

She doesn't have a good shot before marriage and her odds will be worse once married to a USC.

From the jest of your comments you plan to enter the USA, marry, THEN leave for the Philippines. Are you currently living in the Phils yourself?

Best move is to stay put, get married in the Philippines, tend to family... THEN when ready to head to the USA complete the DCF (Direct Consulate Filing) for the IR/CR-1 visa, this process takes roughly 60 days (done through USCIS and USEM in Manila).. your wife will get her immigrant visa and upon entry into the USA will have her green card.. at this point she can enter and exit the USA without issue. There are limitations for being outside the USA, 6 months being the safe mark and a year being "too long" and needing an I-131 before exiting the USA.

There is your best bet.

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline

GC is for living in the US

What?

OP is living in PHilippines, DCF is right for him

You are correct if he was filing an I-130, but he did not. He filed an I-129 for the sole purpose of getting married in the states.

2013/05/03 Married

2013 CFO seminar to change name

2013 Passport issued in married name

USCIS

2015/06/27 Sent I-130

2015/06/29 Priority Date

2015/0701 NOA1

2015/08/05 NOA2

NVC

2015/08/17 Package received at NVC

2015/08/26 Received DS-261/AOS bill

2015/08/29 Sent AOS/IV

2015/08/31 AOS/IV scan date

2015/09/01 DS-260 submitted

2015/09/21 3 n/a (CC)

2015/09/28 Receive confirmation email of CC waiting interview date

2015/10/01 Interview date scheduled (P4)

Manila Embassy

2015/10/12 SLEC Medical, required to get doctor certificate and return the 30th.

2015/10/19 Went to hospital to get the doctors certificate for SLEC

2015/10/30 Appointment with doctor at SLEC for evaluation

2015/11/03 Completed medical

2015/11/05 Interview scheduled - APPROVED

2015/11/06 CEAC changed to issued

2015/11/11 Passport and visa delivered

2015/11/12 Passport stamped at CFO

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

GC is for living in the US

True, but they are talking of traveling back and forth, caring for both parents. DCF spousal visa is still the better move, even if they do it twice ;)

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Timeline

Thanks everyone for the comments. I m thinking once we return from the USA without AOS, her child is not part of our petition and will remain in the Pl, I hold permanent residency in the Pl, not domiciled in the USA for over four years, and travelled to other 1st world countries, is building her case for strong ties here for a tourist visa later on.

As far as doing a CR or IR petition later so we can live in the USA at some point in the future is not in our long term plans.

The tourist visa would allow her to travel with me for family visits, medical care, or for any reason you want your spouse by your side. Many years from now when I pass she can apply to reside in the USA as the widow of a USC under the time window allowed for that immigrant visa classification.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.