Kellyjakpa96

F-1 student AOS through Marriage to USC

12 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am an F-1 student in the US for 10 months and I will be marrying a USC in 2 weeks. How likely am I to be approved for GC

I have been studying in the US for 10 months and I still go to college. I entered the country legally. I meet a girl and fell in love with her. She is a USC and we are getting married in 2 weeks. We plan to apply for AOS in January. My questions are:

1. How likely am I to get approved?

2. Am I eligible since I have been in the US for only 10 months?

3. What can I do to make sure I get approved?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

1. If you meet all of the requirements, you will be approved.

2. Yes. It doesn't matter how long you have been in the US?

3. You need to fill out all of the necessary forms truthfully and correctly.

- You have to pass the medical exam so that you can send in (or present at interview) a valid I-693

- You need to have proof of a bonafide marriage to send in with the I-130.

- You need to fill out the I-485 correctly and truthfully be able to answer "No" to all of the questions in Part III, or be able to satisfactorily explain any "Yes" answers that aren't automatically disqualifying. (These are questions about being a Nazi, communist, terrorist, polygamist, drug trafficker, weapons trafficker, etc ...)

- Your wife or your wife and a joint sponsor need to correctly fill out I-864s showing that they have enough income and assets to support you in the US, along with satisfactory proof of the income or assets.

- File the I-765 and I-131 correctly, with the required docs, if you wish to work and travel before your greencard is approved (highly recommended).

- Send in the checks for the required amounts, one sum for the I-130 and another for the I-485. The fees are going up on December 23rd. If it were me, I would scramble to get all my papers together in the next two weeks and send in the forms before Dec 23rd.

For all of the above, read the instructions carefully and make sure you send in all of the required documents.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from AOS from Family Visa to AOS from Student Visa forum ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

Am I supposed to go for the medicals before filing the forms?

Thanks a lot. Nothing else I need to know? Is it compulsory to get an attorney since my case doesn't look complicated?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Am I supposed to go for the medicals before filing the forms?

Thanks a lot. Nothing else I need to know? Is it compulsory to get an attorney since my case doesn't look complicated?

You can send in the I-693 with your I-485, with an RFE, or present it at the interview. https://www.uscis.gov/i-693

An attorney is certainly not compulsory. Most people have no trouble filling out the forms on their own - you just need to be read the instructions carefully and pay attention to detail. Take your time and allow time for proofreading.

Timeline

Thanks a lot for your answers.

I will only have wedding pics, engagement pics, date pics, letterso of affidavits from my boss, coworkers, friends and school authority about the authenticity of our relationship, a joint bank account, messages exchanged between us, do u think those will be enough to proof our bona fide relationship?

Timeline

Thanks a lot. I love in brockton so I was wondering which USCIS lock box I am to send my package. I would be very glad of you could tell me the very important documents I have to send with my package since on the 23rd the filing fee is going to be increased. I need to try and send the package b4 then. Please can you assist me here?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

According to our Guide: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide2 :

"You should mail the completed form(s) to the USCIS Chicago Lockbox (Note the PO Box address for your filing type: Form I-130 with Form I-485). Mail the package with return receipt requested / delivery confirmation. Send via USPS."

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.