StephanieM

what to bring to interview

3 posts in this topic

Any SDQ people that have gone through this recently feel free to offer tips.

My in-laws interview has been scheduled in Santo Domingo for January 4th. I am gonna have them do their medical soon. I am reading the P4 email and it says to bring a whole slew of paperwork and I want to know if its completely necessary.

1. ORIGINAL copies of all civil documents? Really? We have already sent this to NVC...is this really necessary?

2. It says bring ORIGINAL and PHOTOCOPIES of all financial and civil documents like I864 and marriage and birth certificates for EACH applicant. Honestly? Really? I need to fill out I864 along with tax returns again? This seems like overkill

Back in 2012 when my husband and I went to our interview at the same embassy, the consul had all of the original documents from NVC in their possession and I remember I had taken new originals for the interview and they didn't even ask for them...I don't want to do this again if i can avoid it as it is stressful to fill out all this paperwork again and it cost money to request more original copies.

ANY dominican republic applicants have any advice?

01/01/2008 - Met
04/27/2010 - Engaged
08/23/2011 - Married
USCIS
10/03/2011 - I-130 Sent (USPS priority w/ delivery confirmation)
10/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
10/06/2011 - NOA1
11/09/2011 - NOA2 (no RFE's)
NVC
11/14/2011 - Petition received by NVC/ Received NOA2 by mail
11/21/2011 - NVC case # received by email/ Got AOS fee by email/ Called NVC to provide beneficiary email
11/27/2011 - Choice of agent (DS-3023) sent to NVC by email
.....took a break from process to delay interview....
01/26/2012 - Payed IV fee
01/27/2012 - IV fee status shown as PAID
02/07/2012 - Payed AOS fee
02/08/2012 - AOS fee status shown as PAID
02/09/ 2012 - DS-230 package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/06/2012 - AOS package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/12/2012 - Called NVC and found out about checklist. Sent revision to NVC that same day.
03/16/2012 - CASE COMPLETE!
04/11/2012 - Informed of interview via phone by DOS/ Got P4 email from NVC a few hours later that same day (May 4th)
SANTO DOMINGO CONSULATE
04/19/2012 - Medical
05/04/2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
05/10/2012 - Visa ready and picked up at domex
05/15/2012 - POE in Boston (together)
U. S. A
05/29/2012 - Went to SS office to apply for SS card
06/01/2012 - Welcome letter arrived (Received about 3 of these)
06/05/2012 - Green card arrived
06/15/2012- Back to SS office with green card to reapply and inquire about delay
06/18/2012 - Picked up SSN at SSA office
06/22/2012 - SS card arrived by mail

04/24/14 - Sent I-751 to remove conditions

06/09/14 - Biometrics

11/2014 - RFE from USCIS requesting more evidence before approval

Late Jan - Sent further evidence of marriage

03/05/2015 - Got letter of approval for removal of conditions

03/15/2015 - Permanent 10 yr green card received via mail

Any SDQ people that have gone through this recently feel free to offer tips.

My in-laws interview has been scheduled in Santo Domingo for January 4th. I am gonna have them do their medical soon. I am reading the P4 email and it says to bring a whole slew of paperwork and I want to know if its completely necessary.

1. ORIGINAL copies of all civil documents? Really? We have already sent this to NVC...is this really necessary?

2. It says bring ORIGINAL and PHOTOCOPIES of all financial and civil documents like I864 and marriage and birth certificates for EACH applicant. Honestly? Really? I need to fill out I864 along with tax returns again? This seems like overkill

Back in 2012 when my husband and I went to our interview at the same embassy, the consul had all of the original documents from NVC in their possession and I remember I had taken new originals for the interview and they didn't even ask for them...I don't want to do this again if i can avoid it as it is stressful to fill out all this paperwork again and it cost money to request more original copies.

ANY dominican republic applicants have any advice?

I will tell you that yes, you have to give them all originals to this point must things are copies or copies of originals. If you sent originals now you are betting that no human made an error and all the documents are present in the file. The truth is you are placing way too much faith in a system run by humans. The worse is yes you make extra steps to prep, but imagine, if you get there and things are in fact missing at no fault of your own. Bring the kitchen sink... I know it's a pain but remember this is your chance to get it down without having to get stuck in AP hell for weeks and weeks.

• 3 months later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Hello!

I see you already went through of what my husband is going through right now.

We just mailed out today all the documents asked for NVC. I see that it asked for the "civil documents". Did you include in the package a copy of your in laws cedula and passport? 

How long did it take for them to respond after you mailed it out? did you have to send any more paperwork?

thanks in advance. I am new here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.