-Dalliance-

Vaccination Worksheet for I-485 Adjustment of Status - what is it exactly?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone, I have a question about the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet that's supposed to be included in the I-485 Adjustment of Status application package.

Back when I had my K-1 medical exam done, the panel physician gave me a sealed envelope with my exam documentation in it. I turned in the envelope at my POE upon moving to the U.S. to get married, and I never got it back.

I did also receive a copy of the Vaccination Documentation Worksheet that the doctor filled out at the time, but it's not sealed and doesn't look very "official" either (my passport-style photo was on top of the worksheet and it was also included in the photocopy).

So what EXACTLY is the vaccination document we're supposed to include in the I-485 package?

I found this passage when doing some research:

"Even if a new medical examination is not required, you must still show proof that you complied with the vaccination requirements. If the vaccination record (DS 3025) was not properly completed and included as part of the original overseas medical examination report, you will have to have the Part 7. Vaccination Record completed by a designated civil surgeon. In this case, you must submit Parts 1., 2., 4., and 7. of Form I-693."

The photocopy of the vaccination sheet that the panel physician gave me doesn't have any text on it that says "DS 3025". So I don't think that's what it is.

Other people have said that if you received a photocopy of the vaccination worksheet from your medical exam, you should have it transcribed onto an I-693 form -- but ONLY the vaccination section AND it needs to be done by a civil surgeon. Then you get the civil surgeon to seal the (partial) I-693 in an envelope, and you can include that in the I-485 package.

BUT, the above must be completed before the one-year anniversary of your overseas medical exam; otherwise you need to get a whole new exam done... And I have only two weeks left to spare! What should I do?

Should I find a civil surgeon ASAP and get him to fill out the relevant part of the I-693, and include that in my package, sealed in an envelope?

Or should I just attach the old photocopy of my Vaccination Documentation Worksheet from the original panel physician that did my medical exam overseas -- and explain that the POE border officer took my medical files, so they must have it somewhere?

Will I get a Request for Further Evidence (RFE) if I do the former? Or the latter?

And if I do get an RFE, does that then delay the timing of my application being processed, so that I would have to get a whole new medical exam done? Or do they only count from the date they receive your application? (So would I be safe if I sent my package in very soon, regardless of getting an RFE or not?)

Aaauughhh, I'm super confused! Would appreciate ANY help whatsoever...

P.S. If anyone can post a photo / scan of the vaccination sheet they sent in with their Adjustment of Status package (with identifying info removed), that would be very helpful -- especially if you were approved without getting an RFE! I'd love to see what an "acceptable" one looks like. Thanks!

Sorry not near the form, but I too got one of those fancy sealed envelopes. I still have it and adjusted, without RFE, The form you need is the one that all the "shots" on it and than they need to be checked of appropriately by the physician.

The main thing they are looking for is at the bottom "request for blanket waiver" or similar wording.

If everything went well after your POE, they already have this form (it was included in the brown POE envelope) but apparently they have a habit of getting lost.

Like I said I still have my white envelope (sealed by the dutch doctor). I figure I'll keep it sealed until I get my citizenship. (just for the hell of it).

Since you do not have the DS-3025, I think you should go with the advice of getting the vaccination copy you have transcribed onto an I-693 form by a civil surgeon. I really think that if you send in the copy you have as is, it would cause an RFE because it is neither the DS-3025 or the I-693. However, I also think including the photocopy of your vaccination documentation as evidence, along with the I-693, would be a good idea, because it kind of 'replaces' the DS-3025 that you do not have. You could also include an attachment explaining why you do not have a DS-3025 form for whatever reason, such as you were never given it at the medical abroad, if it will make you feel safer.

I'm not 100% sure about the whole expiration date situation, so take this lightly, but I THINK that as long as the packet is received before the expiration date, any RFE's will not affect date sensitive material. My reasoning is that even if you do not receive any RFE's, it will take many months for the case to be processed by USCIS, so odds are they will process the case far beyond any expiration dates on any of the forms.

All this being said, I also think if you are really worried about date expiration, you could get a new examination done now to submit in AOS. That way you won't have to worry about getting an RFE over the date issue. I hope some of this helps! This is what I would do in your situation based on what you've posted- I'm not here yet so hopefully someone who has been through AOS can offer some more advice. Good luck! :)

K-1  (134 Days)

10/24/16 I-129F Received
10/27/16 NOA 1
11/28/16 NOA 2
12/16/16 NVC Case Number

01/04/17 Case Ready!
02/16/17 Medical Appointment
03/07/17 Interview- APPROVED!

05/25/17 PO

koalafornia.gif.7dcdef8e779766ea5ce2f681e19e19fe.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Okay, so I pored over the Vaccination Worksheet that the panel physician gave me, and way down at the bottom it does say "DS 3025" -- just in tiny letters next to a bunch of other numbers! I feel kinda dumb for not seeing it before...

Oh, and the document does have a check mark next to the words "US vaccination requirements COMPLETE (Requesting a blanket waiver)". Thanks for that tip, Fr8dog!

So I assume I'd be fine to submit the worksheet despite it not being sealed in an envelope, as long as I can get my application processed before Dec. 15th -- because after that, it will have been longer than a year since my overseas medical exam. At the moment, I'm not quite finished preparing everything, so it may be a tight timeline, but hopefully it all works out!

I'm not 100% sure about the whole expiration date situation, so take this lightly, but I THINK that as long as the packet is received before the expiration date, any RFE's will not affect date sensitive material. My reasoning is that even if you do not receive any RFE's, it will take many months for the case to be processed by USCIS, so odds are they will process the case far beyond any expiration dates on any of the forms.

That makes a lot of sense. It would be ideal if they go by the date that the package is postmarked, but I guess we'll see how things turn out. I don't want to get a whole new medical exam done (and pay all that extra money) if I can at all avoid it. Apparently applications in my location are currently being processed very slowly -- some people had to wait 9-11 months for approval -- so I'm just going to finish everything as best I can, and cross my fingers!

Thanks for the input :)

Okay, so I pored over the Vaccination Worksheet that the panel physician gave me, and way down at the bottom it does say "DS 3025" -- just in tiny letters next to a bunch of other numbers! I feel kinda dumb for not seeing it before...

Oh, and the document does have a check mark next to the words "US vaccination requirements COMPLETE (Requesting a blanket waiver)". Thanks for that tip, Fr8dog!

So I assume I'd be fine to submit the worksheet despite it not being sealed in an envelope, as long as I can get my application processed before Dec. 15th -- because after that, it will have been longer than a year since my overseas medical exam. At the moment, I'm not quite finished preparing everything, so it may be a tight timeline, but hopefully it all works out!

That makes a lot of sense. It would be ideal if they go by the date that the package is postmarked, but I guess we'll see how things turn out. I don't want to get a whole new medical exam done (and pay all that extra money) if I can at all avoid it. Apparently applications in my location are currently being processed very slowly -- some people had to wait 9-11 months for approval -- so I'm just going to finish everything as best I can, and cross my fingers!

Thanks for the input :)

I totally understand not wanting to pay for a whole new medical haha, as if the whole process wasn't expensive enough! I'm glad you found out that it is a DS-3025 form, makes things much easier! :) Good luck and I'll hope everything works out for you, fingers crossed no RFE's!!

K-1  (134 Days)

10/24/16 I-129F Received
10/27/16 NOA 1
11/28/16 NOA 2
12/16/16 NVC Case Number

01/04/17 Case Ready!
02/16/17 Medical Appointment
03/07/17 Interview- APPROVED!

05/25/17 PO

koalafornia.gif.7dcdef8e779766ea5ce2f681e19e19fe.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.