vv84

Interview Documents Checklist

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone! I'm just putting together a checklist of all the documents me and my fiance have for our interview on the 14th of December. I just wanted to double check with you guys/gals if we are missing anything. Everything below will basically have 3 copies (digital, original and printed) Thanks in advance for the help!

Stuff to bring that the Packet 4 letter said:

1) Appointment letter showing the date and time of your interview

2) Passport valid for at least 6 months beyond the date you plan to enter the USA

3) Birth Certificate (Long form like this one http://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/birth-adoption-death-marriage-and-divorce/births/images/bc-birth-cert-individual.jpg)

4) Police certificate (name check that searched Canadian Police Center / National Repository of Repository for Criminal records, Alberta Justice Online Information network & Edmonton Police Service records) -

5) Evidence of domicile in the USA

a. Copy of Passport

b. Copy of Drivers License

c. Utilities history (one year)

6) Affidavit of support I-134

a. 3 years tax returns (only asks for 1 and also only asks to provide if self -employed)

b. Letter from employer stating employment and salary

c. Letters certifying bank accounts, including deposit history

7) Medical Examination sealed package

8) 2 color 2x2 passport photographs *still need to get**

9) Letter of intent within 30 days

Extra stuff we are bringing

10) Current and previous passport biographic printed -

11) DS-160

12) Packet 3 package

13) Packet 3 checklist

14) Premium Document delivery email

15) Packet 4 email printed

16) I-797C 7/14/16

17) I-797 Notice of Action 9/2/16

18) Approval letter 9/20/16

19) Paycheck receipts going back to June 2016 (petitioner)

20) Life insurance certification letter (petitioner)

21) Last quarters statements for retirement accounts (petitioner)

22) Medical vaccination document from Dr. Cheema (the non do not open one)

23) X-ray CD

Timeline

Be sure to bring a photocopy of the birth certificate as well. This is listed on every packet 4 PDF/email I've ever seen or received, but for some reason many people seem to not have this item in their packet 4.

If the Canadian resident was not born in Canada, you also need a photocopy of the Citizenship or Resident Card/Certificate.

Timeline

My interview is on the 14th too, prepared but still nervous!

Awesome! Best of luck to you. I'm kinda nervous myself and also can't wait to take a break from being in visa limbo at the same time. The 14th can't come soon enough!

Timeline

Hey vv84,

Only one thing I can tell you, don't stress ahaha this interview is definatly the easiest part, once the security is done(entering the building), everyone is very nice and happy.

On your list I would add, proof of payment for interview(265$ if I remember well), it's acutally on one of the email, they asked me for that.

For the passport pictures, there is a photobooth if you really don't have time to do it before.

Good luck :)

Edit: the 265$ proof may show on your first point: 1) Appointment letter showing the date and time of your interview

Edited by iV & Nik

Timeline

Awesome! Best of luck to you. I'm kinda nervous myself and also can't wait to take a break from being in visa limbo at the same time. The 14th can't come soon enough!

How did your interview go?

Timeline

We got approved! I already got the notification from Canada post my stuff is on the way and will be arriving on December 20th! Thanks for all the help everyone!! :)

Same here!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.