1,910 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, PD3 said:

Whats is this shutdown for? Can you help with background plz

The government shutdown is not 'for' something, basically if there is no agreement today, multiple agencies ("non-esential ones") will have to close and a lot of people will be on a forced license because the people running the country can't agree on where the national budget should be spent. It would start tonight at midnight, and would last until an agreement is reached.

I actually don't know where NVC or NBC would stand during a government shutdown. If someone can enlighten us on that aspect. I understand that USCIS is not based on government's budget, but on fees from the applicants and petitioners, and found a source that says: "During the last government shutdown in 2013, the impact for most customers of USCIS was minimal. Naturalization interviews, citizenship ceremonies and most of the other day-to-day work of the agency continued as normal. That is because USCIS is a fee-based agency"

However, In my opinion, there could be some extra delay (On cases that are reviewed by other agencies).

Edited by Tenreyro

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Tenreyro said:

The government shutdown is not 'for' something, basically if there is no agreement today, multiple agencies ("non-esential ones") will have to close and a lot of people will be on a forced license because the people running the country can't agree on where the national budget should be spent. It would start tonight at midnight, and would last until an agreement is reached.

I actually don't know where NVC or NBC would stand during a government shutdown. If someone can enlighten us on that aspect. I understand that USCIS is not based on government's budget, but on fees from the applicants and petitioners, and found a source that says: "During the last government shutdown in 2013, the impact for most customers of USCIS was minimal. Naturalization interviews, citizenship ceremonies and most of the other day-to-day work of the agency continued as normal. That is because USCIS is a fee-based agency"

However, In my opinion, there could be some extra delay.

Thank you so much Tenreyro for briefing the situation and background.

I believe NVC is also fee based. However, due to the fact that visa bulletin updates are done prior to sending the Welcome Letter and initiation of the second step of the process by the petitioner, I'm afraid this part of the process going to be affected by the shutdown. It might not affect the people who already received their Welcome Letter that much, but if the Visa Bulletin does not move, and we kinda know that USCIS look at the second chart before processing F2As it might have some impacts. In any case, I hope this doesn't affect anyone here.

On 1/20/2018 at 12:21 AM, Gamboli said:

but if the Visa Bulletin does not move, and we kinda know that USCIS look at the second chart before processing F2As it might have some impacts. In any case, I hope this doesn't affect anyone here.

In theory, the State Department and USCIS will be almost entirely open, by what I've read, only passport issuing at State, and E-Verify at USCIS will be affected. So, in theory the VB should be normal, but I share the doubts you have.

On 12/3/2017 at 2:21 AM, Michael2017 said:

Visa Bulletin have specific dates:

01, 08, 15, 22. so the visa bulletin this time will move 5 weeks to 01. February 2017. Dates in between 01.08.15.22 are uncommon for worldwide preference groups. So we count weeks according to those dates, for the next bulletin it will be 22. December moving to 01. February, is 5 weeks/ intervals. 

Yes the Vb is released much later but everyone can find out before and we are posting it early here so just read and enjoy the advance info.

Hi I file for my husband f2a India Pd 14 April 2016. Everything is complete I got letter of completion on jan-12-2018 and it’s also says I am in que for interview, but didn’t receive anything yet can you help me to find out when my husband’s date going to be current? What we to expect from March visa bulletin ? Are they taking April 

41 minutes ago, Navg62 said:

Hi I file for my husband f2a India Pd 14 April 2016. Everything is complete I got letter of completion on jan-12-2018 and it’s also says I am in que for interview, but didn’t receive anything yet can you help me to find out when my husband’s date going to be current? What we to expect from March visa bulletin ? Are they taking April 

Hi Navg62! It's really nice that you are almost done with everything. Waiting without knowing anything is the worst part.

We all want to know how the VB will move, but we can only guess. Michael brought to our attention an important part that appeared in February's VB. Which said that future VB's are expected to move around 3 to 5 weeks, from Feb VB it would place March with a Final action date between March 22 to April 8th, 2016. 

If it moves more, it could include your case, so let's cross our fingers for that. But right now, in my opinion, the interview could be in April. Remember however, that the Vb could not move as expected due to other circumstances.

On 1/16/2018 at 1:19 PM, Michael2017 said:

The visa bulletin is out, as expected 01 March 2016 for F2A.

BUT THERE ARE IMPORTANT PREDICTIONS INCLUDED FOR THE NEXT MONTHS:

VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

FAMILY-sponsored categories (potential monthly movement)

Worldwide dates:

F1: Up to one month
F2A: Three to five weeks
F2B: Three to six weeks
F3: Up to five weeks
F4: Up to three weeks

1 hour ago, Tenreyro said:

Hi Navg62! It's really nice that you are almost done with everything. Waiting without knowing anything is the worst part.

We all want to know how the VB will move, but we can only guess. Michael brought to our attention an important part that appeared in February's VB. Which said that future VB's are expected to move around 3 to 5 weeks, from Feb VB it would place March with a Final action date between March 22 to April 8th, 2016. 

If it moves more, it could include your case, so let's cross our fingers for that. But right now, in my opinion, the interview could be in April. Remember however, that the Vb could not move as expected due to other circumstances.

Thanks Tenreyro. Fingers crossed 🤞 let’s see what will happens in next VB . Hope for best .. 

Thanks again. 

9 hours ago, Navg62 said:

Hi. Did your husband get his EAD already? What is the service center? I'm still waiting on mine- 110 days and counting. :( 

1 hour ago, F2AOct said:

Hi. Did your husband get his EAD already? What is the service center? I'm still waiting on mine- 110 days and counting. :( 

Navg62 didn't specify if is going through Adjustment of Status, I thought it was Consular Processing.

Please Navg62 fill in your timeline, so in the future we could have a better understanding of your case when giving suggestions.

Edited by Tenreyro

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Anyone with March 2016 PD got interview letters?

Category:                       F2A (Wife Green card Holder)

Current Visa:                 H1B

I-130 Priority Date:       09 March 2016

I-130 Service Center:   CSC

I-130 Approval:             18 July 2016

I-485, I-765, I-131:        03 Oct 2017

Filing Location:             NBC (MSC)

I-485, I-765 FP/Bio:      02 Nov 2017

Field Office:                  Jacksonville, FL

EAD/AP:                         04 May 2018

AOS Interview Date:     30 July 2018

RFE for I-693:                06 Aug 2018
RFE Response:             08 Aug 2018
AOS Case Approved:   17 Aug 2018
Green Card Received:   Pending

3 hours ago, Tenreyro said:

Navg62 didn't specify if is going through Adjustment of Status, I thought it was Consular Processing.

Please Navg62 fill in your timeline, so in the future we could have a better understanding of your case when giving suggestions.

My husband is under f2A from India service centre Nvc. Yes he is under consular processing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.