1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
Just now, Milly1980 said:

My son is out of US in our home country,

yes I am a LPR

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2017/visa-bulletin-for-february-2017.html

Click on that link - that is our "best friend" right now. You are looking at "F2A" category and you are interested in 2 columns:

1/  A.  FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED
     PREFERENCE CASES; 

F2A 15APR15 15APR15 15APR15 01APR15 15APR15

2/  B.  DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED
     VISA APPLICATIONS

F2A 22NOV15 22NOV15 22NOV15  22NOV15  22NOV15

Column B tells you when you are eligible to start NVC processing (the 6 steps). Column A tells you when you are eligible to be scheduled for an interview. With PD April 4th (same like mine), we are pretty much concerned about the Column B now so we can start the filing process.

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, AnnaMBoros said:

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2017/visa-bulletin-for-february-2017.html

Click on that link - that is our "best friend" right now. You are looking at "F2A" category and you are interested in 2 columns:

1/  A.  FINAL ACTION DATES FOR FAMILY-SPONSORED
     PREFERENCE CASES; 

F2A 15APR15 15APR15 15APR15 01APR15 15APR15

2/  B.  DATES FOR FILING FAMILY-SPONSORED
     VISA APPLICATIONS

F2A 22NOV15 22NOV15 22NOV15  22NOV15  22NOV15

Column B tells you when you are eligible to start NVC processing (the 6 steps). Column A tells you when you are eligible to be scheduled for an interview. With PD April 4th (same like mine), we are pretty much concerned about the Column B now so we can start the filing process.

Thank you so much, now I know where to follow

Hi forum, 

I really appreciate all the help I got by reading this threat as well. we filled on october 19, 2016; our NOA1  october 25 2016. We haven't received anything as yet. Is everything Ok? After i received the I130 approval(i guess thats next step) what should I do? Thank you in advance

Timeline

1 hour ago, TeamLJ said:

Hi forum, 

I really appreciate all the help I got by reading this threat as well. we filled on october 19, 2016; our NOA1  october 25 2016. We haven't received anything as yet. Is everything Ok? After i received the I130 approval(i guess thats next step) what should I do? Thank you in advance

Hi,

1/ you need to check your priority date (PD) - I'm assuming it's October 25th? it should be clearly written on your Receipt.

2/ if you are in this forum, your Visa category should be F2A (just checking)

3/ Now look at the post above and click on the very same link. It will take you to the Visa Bulletin. It gets updated every month around the 10th.  

• Column A (for F2A) tells you when you can be scheduled for an interview. Just an FYI - if your category is F2A, the average time frame is 2 years from the PD.
  • Column B tells you when you start filing Visa Application if you are choosing consular processing (CP)

Nevertheless, next step for you is to wait on NVC to contact you (given the I-130 will be approved). From what I know, if you choose consular processing route, they will first send you a letter with your case number stating "sorry, the visa number is not available yet..."). Only when the Date For Filing will be available for you, NVC will contact you to start the Visa Application process.

Example: My PD is April 4th 2016 and NVC is yet to contact me to start the Visa Application Process. i'm expecting my interview to be scheduled sometime in February 2018.

Any questions please let me know - we are here to help each other.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi,

someone made a facebook group, which has been helpful for some people in the past.

I guess here are chat conversations and live help available. A Nice addition to the valuable VJ.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1395950043749470/

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Michael2017 said:

Anna, 

how many months did your I-130 approval take? Where was it processed?

Hi Michael;

Thanks for that FB Link, I sent them a  request.

I sent my I 1-30 to Phoenix Lockbox from where it was transferred to California PC. My PD is 4th of April and it took them only 4 months to approve it.

Timeline

Thnaks Anna, My PD is in October, and I have also California SC. Visa Journey processing times shows, that now cases from June are processed, but this would mean about 7 months processing time. Maybe, it depends on luck, or, earlier last year they were faster... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: India
Timeline
On 1/13/2017 at 11:13 AM, Michael2017 said:

Thnaks Anna, My PD is in October, and I have also California SC. Visa Journey processing times shows, that now cases from June are processed, but this would mean about 7 months processing time. Maybe, it depends on luck, or, earlier last year they were faster... :)

I am also October 2016 filer.....california SC....waiting for approval. Per USCIS table they were processing August 16, 2016 applications on November 30.....so we should be hearing something soon

Timeline

Hi Michael;

Click on the link below (official US government site) for processing times. As of November 30th, California Center was processing I-130 petitions from August 16th. Let us know when your I-130 will be approved.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abcFZoicxgwg_47Lj4iNv

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative Permanent resident filling for a spouse or child under 21 August 16, 2016

Edited by AnnaMBoros

Timeline
4 hours ago, cd37 said:

I am also October 2016 filer.....california SC....waiting for approval. Per USCIS table they were processing August 16, 2016 applications on November 30.....so we should be hearing something soon

Thank you for writing in, let us know once your I-130 will be approved. It will be an encouraging moment for you and that means a lot during the waiting process.

Timeline
5 hours ago, AnnaMBoros said:

Hi Michael;

Click on the link below (official US government site) for processing times. As of November 30th, California Center was processing I-130 petitions from August 16th. Let us know when your I-130 will be approved.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisplay.do;jsessionid=abcFZoicxgwg_47Lj4iNv

I-130 Petition for Alien Relative Permanent resident filling for a spouse or child under 21 August 16, 2016

Thanks, but this looks really bad. IF this is true, current processing time if far more than the 5 months they give as "normal processing time" on their website. I think August, 16th was the date at November 30th. 

http://www.***removed***/processing-times/california-service-center-processing-times.html

Thus, should be now around beginning to mid October, 2016 if the processing time has not slowed.

Edited by Michael2017

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/7/2017 at 9:03 AM, masum said:

Ok if my PD become current on second table will I get any mail from NVC for further process

Basically we have to wait until we receive the welcome letter because it has a barcode sheet that we need to send in with the documents. However , if you are able to access the ceac website see if you can pay the aos, and complete the DS 261 . Good luck ! 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Michael;

Click on the link below (official US government site) for processing times. Currently, California Center is processing I-130 petitions from August 16th.

On 2/5/2017 at 3:50 PM, Michael2017 said:

Wait time for F2A seem to go to 2 to 2.5 years for 2016 filers :(

Read attached... Further slowdown in second half of 2017 expected.

On 2/5/2017 at 3:50 PM, Michael2017 said:

Wait time for F2A seem to go to 2 to 2.5 years for 2016 filers :(

Read attached... Further slowdown in second half of 2017 expected.

Oppenheimer.jpg

Looking at March Bulletin, looks like Oppenheim was "right on the stop" with those movements...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.