1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
7 hours ago, AnnaMBoros said:

I your PD is on or before April the 8th, you should be receiving NVC Welcome Letter in mail any time after May the 1st. 

Okay, thanks you people

Hi everyone. I wanted to know a few things regarding the waiting period...My husband (who is a green card holder) filed two I-130 forms for my daughter & me in June 2016. We are both Indians & I am currently doing business with my father in UAE. My husband received an SMS stating that the USCIS received the applications on 14th June 2016. So would that be our PD? Up until now, we have no further information as to what is happening. Is this the usual waiting time? It's been 10 months..

Filed: Timeline
6 hours ago, remyfk said:

Hi everyone. I wanted to know a few things regarding the waiting period...My husband (who is a green card holder) filed two I-130 forms for my daughter & me in June 2016. We are both Indians & I am currently doing business with my father in UAE. My husband received an SMS stating that the USCIS received the applications on 14th June 2016. So would that be our PD? Up until now, we have no further information as to what is happening. Is this the usual waiting time? It's been 10 months..

June 14, 2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
34 minutes ago, piff said:

June 14, 2016

Yes, it sounds like June 14th 2016 is your Priority Date (PD). Right now you are waiting on your I-130 to be approved. From what I heard - processing of those is being significantly delayed. My PD is April 2016, and my I-130 was approved just 4 months later. Nevertheless, you should still attempt to call NVC and inquire just to make sure.

Edited by AnnaMBoros

Thank you very much @piff and @Anna. My husband put in an enquiry in Feb 2017...and 1st he was told that he should hear from them in 4 months..ie june 2017..then he got an email saying he has an interview scheduled for may 11th...why is he given an interview? I thought the NVC interviews my daughter & I as we are the ones moving to the US..my husband is already working there and is a permanent resident...Am I missing something? Pardon my ignorance.

3 minutes ago, remyfk said:

Thank you very much @piff and @Anna. My husband put in an enquiry in Feb 2017...and 1st he was told that he should hear from them in 4 months..ie june 2017..then he got an email saying he has an interview scheduled for may 11th...why is he given an interview? I thought the NVC interviews my daughter & I as we are the ones moving to the US..my husband is already working there and is a permanent resident...Am I missing something? Pardon my ignorance.

are you doing adjustment of status? when did he receive the email with the interview date, maybe the interview is for your and your daughter? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovakia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, remyfk said:

The interview e-mail does not make sense to me either, are you sure is from NVC?

@maria & @anna...no I'm not doing adjustment of status. I have never visited USA. My husband wanted to apply for citizenship to speed up our applications (he is due to apply this month ) but he heard that it takes around 6 months for him to be granted citizenship..and he decided against applying citizenship now as he thinks it may further delay our applications. Is it normal for the approval of I 130s to be delayed 10 months? This is our 2nd marriage...and we both have our legal papers certifying the divorces & I also have the NOC of permanent custodian of my daughter. We submitted all these documents along with the I 130s.

6 minutes ago, remyfk said:

@maria & @anna...no I'm not doing adjustment of status. I have never visited USA. My husband wanted to apply for citizenship to speed up our applications (he is due to apply this month ) but he heard that it takes around 6 months for him to be granted citizenship..and he decided against applying citizenship now as he thinks it may further delay our applications. Is it normal for the approval of I 130s to be delayed 10 months? This is our 2nd marriage...and we both have our legal papers certifying the divorces & I also have the NOC of permanent custodian of my daughter. We submitted all these documents along with the I 130s.

it was him i would apply for citizenship because you never know how the visa bulletin will move every  month. some people get their citizenship in two where some get it in a year.   

Filed: Country: India
Timeline
On 4/23/2017 at 11:51 AM, Michael2017 said:

I assume they will only move forward more radically, if the visa bulletin does. As the filing dates in chart B moved a lot, there is some hope that this will put pressure on them to start processing F2A again...

I hardly expect anything from USCIS in next 3-4 months or maybe more. USCIS is just hopeless.

Hi everyone. First of all,wish you all good luck in these field.

Does anyone know,how many visas could be issued in 2017 and how many people is waiting for it now? My PD is 13 September, I don't worry about I-130, most important is, when visa becomes available or when my "filing date" will be current. Past 8-9 months, filing date was the same,22 November,in this month they jumped on 18 April.  Does it mean that  the process will go forward faster now,because for long period of time(8-9 months) there was no change in filing date?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Alex1992 said:

Hi everyone. First of all,wish you all good luck in these field.

Does anyone know,how many visas could be issued in 2017 and how many people is waiting for it now? My PD is 13 September, I don't worry about I-130, most important is, when visa becomes available or when my "filing date" will be current. Past 8-9 months, filing date was the same,22 November,in this month they jumped on 18 April.  Does it mean that  the process will go forward faster now,because for long period of time(8-9 months) there was no change in filing date?

No, the process will not be faster because the "filling date" jumped. It has no effect on the final action date.

A rough estimation for your PD can be found here: http://www.myprioritydate.com/

No one can really tell, but for the next couple of month, you can expect movements from 3 to 6 weeks per months. What happens beyond that can not be predicted, not even by USCIS, because it depends how many people become documentary qualified. If all  goes well, we can hope for an average movement of 1 month per 1 month.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.