1,910 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone! I'm a 2016 filer for my spouse. I started this thread because I wanted to interact with my fellow 2016 filers (as well as others) who are also going through the petition process. This would be a great opportunity to share our insights, knowledge, and experiences. Honestly though, the waiting game is really hard. Maybe if we support each other, it would help ease it even a little. :)

So to start off:

PD: 7/20/2016

NOA1: 7/26/2016

NOA2: 11/29/2016

Oh btw, if anyone can help me...after receiving NOA2, will I immediately call NVC after 30 days? If yes, what will I ask them about? Also, what is the next process to expect? Thank you so much. :)

when you call NVC you will have provide then with your uscis case number and hopefully by them they will give you a new case number and invoice number. also they will ask you the name of the benificery and day of birth and the petitioner name

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

PD July 5, 2016, glad to see my fellow 2016 filers here! :)

OUR STORY

November 25, 2012: We started our relationship. He was my college classmate back then.

September 16, 2013: He went back to USA and because we really love each other, we gave our long distance relationship a shot.

August 25, 2015: He decided to fly back for a 2-week surprise vacation just to visit me where he proposed and we got engaged.

May 8, 2016: We finally got married! 

USCIS

July 3, 2016: Filed I-130 for LPR Spouse

July 5, 2016: NOA1 (priority date)

October 20, 2016: I-130 got approved

NVC

November 17, 2016: NVC received our case and assigned to us the case number via email

February 11, 2017: NVC assigned to us the Invoice ID number and the Beneficiary Number via email

October 7, 2017: Accessed CEAC and submitted DS-261

October 10, 2017: Received welcome letter and AOS invoice via email

October 11, 2017: Paid AOS fee

October 19, 2017: Received IV invoice via email

October 20, 2017: Paid IV fee

October 26, 2017: Submitted DS-260 (IV Online Application Form)

October 27, 2017: Sent AOS & IV Packet to NVC

October 30, 2017: Scan Date

December 14, 2017: Received Case Complete letter thru email

June 6-7, 2018: Completed my advanced SLEC Medical Exam 

August 2, 2018: Interview (Approved)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi. My mom petitioned for a F2A visa for us. And as of Dec. 8 ,2016 our petition has been approved and has been forwarded to the NVC. What should we do next? Is it possible to be at America by 2017??

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My mom applied for me and my sister my priority date is 4 May 2016 and my petition has been approved on 14 October 2016....hope everything will be ok In Shaa Allah ??

when you call NVC you will have provide then with your uscis case number and hopefully by them they will give you a new case number and invoice number. also they will ask you the name of the benificery and day of birth and the petitioner name

Thank you so much for the information:)

Hi. My mom petitioned for a F2A visa for us. And as of Dec. 8 ,2016 our petition has been approved and has been forwarded to the NVC. What should we do next? Is it possible to be at America by 2017??

Hi! Welcome to the thread:)

What is your priority date? The next thing to do would be to wait 30 days and then call NVC for the new case number and invoice number. Then, we wait for the priority date to be current. You can check it out at the visa bulletin. The current PD is March 22, 2015 for Jan 2017. Hope this helps.

Note: I'm still new at this so please correct me if I am wrong:)

My mom applied for me and my sister my priority date is 4 May 2016 and my petition has been approved on 14 October 2016....hope everything will be ok In Shaa Allah ??

Hi hassan:) Welcome! I am praying too that everything will be okay. If only time could move faster... Did your mom call NVC? Have your received your new case number and invoice number?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yes my mom called to NVC and received New case no....but NVC also told her that we have to wait...

Waiting for letter from NVC....

Hi.

PD 02 May 16, got case number, waiting for WL. The second table of visa bulletin has no move since five months so, I think this is why we are still waiting.

Our PD is May 2016. We have submitted everything waiting on case complete and interview date. I called and verified that information was received. I look at other timelines to get an estimate of how long it may take.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

PD 02 May 16, got case number, waiting for WL. The second table of visa bulletin has no move since five months so, I think this is why we are still waiting.

Did you call your case number or did they send you an email? I really hope it will move in the coming months.

Our PD is May 2016. We have submitted everything waiting on case complete and interview date. I called and verified that information was received. I look at other timelines to get an estimate of how long it may take.

Hi! VeVe:) Just a quick question, what were the docs that you've submitted? Did they request it? Thanks:)

Hi everyone. I really need your help about something. I received an email from NVC with the subject P3AU ENGLISH FOR NEOPOST DS-1200.

The email states a new case number and the info that the NVC received my petition but it is not currently eligible for further processing because of the annual visa limit.

My questions are:

1. Did you receive an email like this? Is this the welcome letter?

2. Do I still call NVC for the invoice number?

3. Do I wait for them to request other documents? What is the next step?

I’m really sorry for asking a lot of questions. I just want to be sure.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.